Author Topic: Interview  (Read 4202 times)

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Interview
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:49:45 PM »
Could I interview one of you down in my Q/A forum? I've been following the Hyde section for sometime with little to no success in understanding how the school operates. It would be useful I believe to provide a body of information that helps outsiders see Hyde for what it is.

any Takers?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:44:15 PM »
I'd be interviewed! It might be kind of difficult to correspond privately though, considering I always post here as a guest... This might even be the reason I finally get a username. I really should. I don't know why it seems so scary to me... A lot of people probably know who I am based on what I post, anyway. In any event, do you have any questions I could answer right now? What don't you understand? I'm an open book.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:35:43 PM »
Hey, TSW, I'd be interested as well... Perhaps you could get an assortment of takers, and compile the interviews!

What is the usual format?  You send us a list of questions, and we send you back our answers?

To Guest above:  get a gmail account.  Optional:  if you use your real name to get the gmail account, change it once you have it (in "your account" section), so that it won't show up on mail sent from this account.  Use your gmail account to register on fornits (only thing you'll need).  You'll be totally anonymous.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 11:48:59 PM »
I'd prefer to keep it in my forum. I've tried an interview on the troubled teens forum before and it turned into a mess.

Here is the problem I'm having here with Hyde. I know absolutely nothing about the place and how it runs. Very little about what occurs at Hyde seems to relate to my own experiences. I'm hoping a question and answer session might shed some light on a place that has been around since 1966. Even for the amount of time there seems to be very little information about it an how it runs. The Traub(spelling?) article wasn't all that enlightening on specifics regarding the program., and I haven't found anything else avaliable to study.

For reference as to how I conduct an interview go see the PV thread in the Q/A forum I moderate. That forum requires a user account to specifically keep out anons. Not that I dislike anons, but it makes it easier to keep track of what is being said and by who.

No actual name is needed on a user account, as for the longest time I went without using my own name here on fornits and elsewhere.
am the metal pig.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 12:16:44 AM »
TSW:  see also the old Time Magazine article (1976):
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21249&start=4

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 12:42:41 AM »
Read... interesting.. not much has changed since 1976?
am the metal pig.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 01:58:57 AM »
Alot of what goes into an interview is to bring out obvious information like daily routine and other things sometimes overlooked. So come on down and lets get the party started. I'll start a thread with a few basic ground rules. Mainly just things like no cussing no hollering and keeping your hands to yourself. Basic kindergarten rules.
am the metal pig.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »
Okay, folks, I'm heading over to the FQA to start things off.  I have to say, however, that given that my time at Hyde was oh-so-very-long-ago, it is absolutely critical that we also get at least one person who was there more recently.  And it would be fantastic if we could get some parental input too, to help round out the picture.

The basic format of the interview is that TSW asks one or two questions per post, and participants then chime in with their answers.  It could be one person chiming in, it could be several.  It is a very loose structure, and the interview goes on over a period of time.  The Peninsula Village Interview that TSW referred to is still in progress, and I believe it was started in sometime in April 2007 (initially started in TTI, and then moved over to FQA).

Some links:

The PV Interview, still ongoing, to get a good general picture:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21438

The Hyde Interview, to read, and to post!
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=22002

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
    • http://www.garyeskow.com
Interview
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 05:21:36 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I'd be interviewed! It might be kind of difficult to correspond privately though, considering I always post here as a guest... This might even be the reason I finally get a username. I really should. I don't know why it seems so scary to me... A lot of people probably know who I am based on what I post, anyway. In any event, do you have any questions I could answer right now? What don't you understand? I'm an open book.

Have you read my paper, The Jekyll Side Of Hyde?  It's on the web, or I can e mail it to you.

Gary Eskow
[email protected]

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 05:30:44 PM »
Gary,

Still have those live Elliot Sharp recordings?
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 01:16:24 AM »
Gary and Emil, won't you consider adding your voices to the interview?  I think it would be invaluable to have your input as well!     ::poke::

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 07:20:03 AM »
My attempts at furthering a constructive dialog that might be of some interest to the main stream press have yielded few results.  Of course, this interviewer can read The Jekyll Side Of Hyde, and contact me if he wishes.

I have no live Sharp recordings, by the way.

GE

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 07:20:26 AM »
My attempts at furthering a constructive dialog that might be of some interest to the main stream press have yielded few results.  Of course, this interviewer can read The Jekyll Side Of Hyde, and contact me if he wishes.

GE

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 07:20:40 AM »

GE

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
Interview
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 07:21:44 AM »

GE