Author Topic: video of hyde class room  (Read 9710 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 11:49:28 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Cell phones? Uh. When I was at Hyde (just a few years ago) cell phones weren't allowed, if I recall correctly. :-?  ??

No shit!  What unbelievable gall!  Never mind my astonishment, now that I think of it, it doesn't surprise me.  What fucks.

Then how, pray tell, did Allyson Lupovich get away with filming the algebra class, or the scene in the sunken garden, or the girl's lacrosse game, etc.?  I take it, from perusing a bit, that she attended Hyde-Bath, and perhaps only for a year, perhaps as "make-up" for some failed class or some similar situation at her regular high school (see clip at the bus stop where she is filming her former {not Hyde} classmates on route to school.)?  

Some people obviously don't see fit to follow the "Hyde rules."  Well... I could comment on Hyde itself not following its dictates, but I think everyone here pretty much knows my position on that topic, ha!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 12:06:57 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Cell phones? Uh. When I was at Hyde (just a few years ago) cell phones weren't allowed, if I recall correctly. :-?  ??

No shit!  What unbelievable gall!  Never mind my astonishment, now that I think of it, it doesn't surprise me.  What fucks.

Then how, pray tell, did Allyson Lupovich get away with filming the algebra class, or the scene in the sunken garden, or the girl's lacrosse game, etc.?  I take it, from perusing a bit, that she attended Hyde-Bath, and perhaps only for a year, perhaps as "make-up" for some failed class or some similar situation at her regular high school (see clip at the bus stop where she is filming her former {not Hyde} classmates on route to school.)?  

Some people obviously don't see fit to follow the "Hyde rules."  Well... I could comment on Hyde itself not following its dictates, but I think everyone here pretty much knows my position on that topic, ha!

She definitely went to Bath. I went to Bath, too, though it seems before her. But I reckognize that classroom and even some of those kids. Crazy to watch.

Haha, yes, most if not all of Hyde's rules are (obviously) not followed. I know that as well as anyone. :roll: I just don't recall anyone at all actually having a cell phone, hence the payphones in the dorms and elsewhere on campus. Cameras, however, were fine, so I'm guessing Allyson probably filmed those with a camera or maybe even an actual camcorder. In a 2-4 or Disco Group/Seminar setting, however, a camera probably wouldn't be possible, so yeah, a hidden cell would be the only way... I really think some footage of 2-4 or a Discovery Group would genuinely be great though, so people could take an actual look at Hyde-life at its Hydiest, so to speak.  I remember some pretty horrible Discovery Groups; they're kind of hard to forget. It's like group therapy, except, you know, with no liscensed therapist! And don't even get me started on 2-4... Seriously, the world should see.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 12:12:28 AM »

She definitely went to Bath. I went to Bath, too, though it seems before her. But I reckognize that classroom and even some of those kids. Crazy to watch.

Haha, yes, most if not all of Hyde's rules are (obviously) not followed. I know that as well as anyone. :roll: I just don't recall anyone at all actually having a cell phone, hence the payphones in the dorms and elsewhere on campus. Cameras, however, were fine, so I'm guessing Allyson probably filmed those with a camera or maybe even an actual camcorder. In a 2-4 or Disco Group/Seminar setting, however, a camera probably wouldn't be possible, so yeah, a hidden cell would be the only way... I really think some footage of 2-4 or a Discovery Group would genuinely be great though, so people could take an actual look at Hyde-life at its Hydiest, so to speak.  I remember some pretty horrible Discovery Groups; they're kind of hard to forget. It's like group therapy, except, you know, with no liscensed therapist! And don't even get me started on 2-4... Seriously, the world should see.

Oooh, or better yet, outpost (one of Hyde's Wilderness programs). If someone filmed that and got it online...that would be even better.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 12:33:19 AM »
A well known reporter on a national station wants to do an expose about Hyde.  He needs someone to go in there with a hidden camera.  Any ideas?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 01:06:18 AM »
A well known reporter on a national station wants to do an expose about Hyde.  He needs someone to go in there with a hidden camera.  Any ideas?

:exclaim: Umm, are you serious??! ... I'm pretty sure you're fucking with me. And if that's the case, honestly, it just makes me sad. You should find something better to do. Go read a book or something.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 01:15:47 AM »

:exclaim: Umm, are you serious??! ... I'm pretty sure you're fucking with me. And if that's the case, honestly, it just makes me sad. You should find something better to do. Go read a book or something.

Hey, seriously (2nd Guest):  I don't think he/she's fucking with you.  Stick around a bit and read some more... Hyde has been pulling off their bullshit for a very long time.  It's time someone hung the bell around the cat's neck.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2007, 01:22:34 AM »

I think Discovery Groups would be best.  In my day they called them Seminars.  But there might be some issues re. confidentiality, etc.  Wouldn't want to traumatize anyone even more by having that shit exposed to the public, unless they were able to review the final product and be able to say yes or no to having it disclosed.  

Another thought might be Dean's Area, with someone that wanted their story and Hyde's treatment of them aired.  You're dealing with but few individuals in that case (per filming), and with the most vulnerable of said individuals being the one who wants it made public.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 06:49:13 AM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2007, 05:23:57 AM »

Any idea what got the reporter interested in exposing Hyde?  Is this print, TV,  radio, or internet?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2007, 06:53:10 AM »

Any idea what got the reporter interested in exposing Hyde?  Is this print, TV,  radio, or internet?

Print would be Gary Eskow.  But I doubt this person is Gary, as Gary has his own history with Hyde and Joe Gauld, and posts under his own moniker (Gary Eskow).

This is someone else, I think TV, and I sure wish he/she would just register and take on an avatar as I am sure that info could be exchanged via PMs that people might be too reticent to put into postings...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »
Another installment from Allyson Lupovich, added a few days ago.

p.a show '07
Performing Arts Show @ Hyde

numerous clips from possibly same performance strung together,
note the ever present banner with those five key words suspended above the stage,
finale with the old fart leading the ensemble in "Boom boom boom boom..."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45:46 PM »
I was just litening to this http://wordforword.publicradio.org/

Doug Seidman said "character is your destiny."  He went on to say that in this age everyone has a camera and with youtube everyone is a movie maker.  Everyone is a public figure.  You can not hide from the truth of your character.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
I was just litening to this http://wordforword.publicradio.org/

Doug Seidman said "character is your destiny."  He went on to say that in this age everyone has a camera and with youtube everyone is a movie maker.  Everyone is a public figure.  You can not hide from the truth of your character.

I haven't finished listening to this (53'), but I did get to the point you mention.  There is no doubt in my mind that there has been some philosophical overlap.  Whether Dov Seidman got it from the same place that Joe Gauld did, or whether he got it from Joe Gauld himself is as yet unclear.

======================

From the website:
http://www.lrn.com/about_lrn/culture

[li]Humility: We believe that achieving sustained excellence is predicated on humility, which enables us to collaborate, self-evaluate and reinvent. We believe that pursuing humility leads to strength, not weakness. No matter what standards we achieve or how much pride we take in what we do, arrogance is not for us.[/li]
[li]Integrity: We believe that acting with integrity, according to ethical principles and shared corporate values is the ultimate driver of productivity and performance. For us, integrity is the steady application of our code of conduct. It is the ongoing, consistent demonstration of our values throughout our organizational life.[/li]
[li]Passion: We believe that success arises out of the passionate pursuit of a meaningful and significant goal. We are intensely committed to our mission here, and we pursue that mission with unwavering energy and conviction.[/li]
[li]Truth: We believe truth is the foundation for trust, and trust propels productivity and progress. Nothing is worth pursuing if its pursuit is not truthful or authentic.[/li][/list]
Active engagement with LRN Leadership Framework deepens our understanding of the significance of the LRN mission and furthers our ability to help companies engage their people in shared responsibility for shaping a culture that inspires principled performance.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle

Our mantra is: "say what you mean, mean what you say, and always follow through." It is an article of faith with us that all of our relationships, both internal and external, should be governed by integrity and truthfulness. We expect people at every level of this company, at all times, to demonstrate these values in their speech and actions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2007, 07:22:15 PM »
A gentler, kinder, more principled mouse trap.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2007, 10:46:40 PM »
I have started a new thread to focus discussion on the handful of posts immediately preceding (starting with Guest bringing up the Dov Seidman interview).

Philosophical Interface: Education/Business
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=22052

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
video of hyde class room
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »
Parents Be Careful

link for those who prefer it (to the embed):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFh1qF5ZwRM

UPDATE 6/28/2007[/color]:  Filmmaker is updating video with some more "cult guru" shots in the opening scenes (currently just has David Gilcrease); there may also be some "guru quotes" in there.  Consequently, version noted in links above is no longer available.  I'll update the links when it's done.  Y'all may well be surprised!  Ha ha!

UPDATE 7/17/2007[/color]:  New version.  Links have been updated!!