Author Topic: Struggling Teens back online??  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Struggling Teens back online??
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:44:15 AM »
Seems that Struggling Teens are back in the forum business.  Seems they are only allowing a select few back into the fold.  Seems I am not among the elect.  I was welcomed back with the following message:

Sorry, either your membership has not yet been approved or the board administrators have removed your ability to post to this board. We cannot allow you to perform this action as a result.

Well now ... this is interesting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 12:50:18 PM »
You'll have to learn the secret handshake...

I was attempting to have a discussion on another forum with a pro-program parent (troll, I suspect) who clammed up when she couldn't answer the questions put to  her, and she said she would sign off, and what a shame, she thought both sides should be represented, and weren't we awful with our agenda, blah, blah, blah...  She also called the stories kids were posting about PV to be "too extreme to be believable".  Nice thing  to tell a survivor who's having to remember traumatic details, I thought it was geared toward bullying them into retreating.

As I reminded her, nobody said she couldn't post, there would be no banning, but if she wanted to state her case, she'd better be willing to engage in some discussion with parents and survivors who don't have the same opinion and our sharing their experiences.  The point being, she was welcome to post until she turned blue in the face, nobody would deny her that right.

Pro-industry forums and Peninsula Village's parent forum (which is invite only, heavily moderated and pro-PV to manic pitch) won't allow contradicting opinions, not for long, anyway.  Lon and that lot may find Fornits "extreme", but his folks have trolled here for ages, Ginger wants everyone to have access, which is why even the staunchest programees can't stay away - they're drawn to troll, and in some cases, they're enlightened and soften their positions.  All praise to Ginger, and a rigid, full-thrust middle finger salute to the Nazis of ST.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
RAID !!!

I'm betting Karen is banned, as probably is exhausted, and Anne, and probably anybody who "migrated" to Struggling Parents.  He is "rebooting" his forum.  I planned for this.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »
Who cares?
Why do you people obsess over this obscure website?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »
because they CLAIMED to give the parent an "objective" view of the programs.  While in reality they were censoring information to the parents to view programs in a positive light.  Even in one parent is swayed by this website.. another child is sent to an abusive program in an unregulated industry.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »
seems like Jena is still on vacation actually...

http://www.strugglingteens.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Edit: Truth Searcher, You might want to logout.  If you are still logged in, that could explain the message you are getting.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 05:20:42 AM »
I am banned too

::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::huh::
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 10:59:20 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Who cares?
Why do you people obsess over this obscure website?

Really, man...

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 01:25:22 PM »
I have also been banned.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 01:27:03 PM »
are you sure you guys are banned?  I still get this message:

"The StrugglingTeens discussion forum has been closed while Jena is traveling. Due to childish bickering, the board is no longer safe for parents. Please check back soon to see if Jena can come up with any ground rules that can make it focus on parent support rather than drama. -Lon"

try logging out.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 01:56:16 PM »
No longer safe for parents??! That's just plain silly. When is an open, honest, meaningful debate, on a topic of interest to all, ever  "not safe"?

I'd sure like to discuss this with Lon - but I guess he has had enough inconvenient truth, and doesn't want any more.

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
are you sure you guys are banned?  I still get this message:

"The StrugglingTeens discussion forum has been closed while Jena is traveling. Due to childish bickering, the board is no longer safe for parents. Please check back soon to see if Jena can come up with any ground rules that can make it focus on parent support rather than drama. -Lon"

try logging out.

You can't access the forum but you can login. When I tried logging in, it said either your membership has not yet been approved or you are banned.

I have been an ST member for a couple years so my membership was approved way long ago so I am obviously banned.

Offline Charly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 05:12:22 PM »
They are not very techically savvy over there, so they may have people banned that they don't intend to ban.  I would think they would at least send an email to those of us who made the forum "unsafe" and acted like "children" telling us that we are banned or what the rules will be for our release from time-out.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 07:47:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Charly""
They are not very techically savvy over there, so they may have people banned that they don't intend to ban.  I would think they would at least send an email to those of us who made the forum "unsafe" and acted like "children" telling us that we are banned or what the rules will be for our release from time-out.

The disclaimer has changed... Jena is no longer on vacation (that story was losing plausibility anyway)...  Instead... :

"The StrugglingTeens discussion forum is temporarily closed. Due to childish bickering and manipulative hidden agendas, the board became unsafe for parents. Please check back soon to see what ground rules we can come with that can make it focus on parent support rather than drama. -Lon"

Well.  For once I agree (partially) with Lon.  The board was closed due to manipulative hidden agendas. ( Please folks.  Let's keep the focus on helping the parents.  We aren't interested in making money here... that isn't a concern at all... Let's stay positive)

Offline Karass

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:03 AM »
Speaking of hidden manipulative agendas, it would've been nice to see a little more honesty from Lon -- something like "the board became unsafe for profits."
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley