Author Topic: Update  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Update
« on: June 08, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »
Hi everyone.  I am posting this for those of you who may be interested and so that you will have the opportunity to hear more than "one" side of the story.

First, I want to appologize to anyone who I may have offended in the past.  I know I said some things that were hurtful and I am sorry for that.  I hope you can forgive me and know that at the time those things were said I was in a very difficult situation and was facing serous family issues of my own.  

I am posting here the status of the law suit between Scheff and myself because this is where it all began.  I believe that the people who post on Fornits truely care about children and I believe that this is one of the few websites that does not censor the poster.

Yesterday we finished our testimony before the judge.  He is taking it under advisement.  The outcome should be made available in about 45 days.  I know there will probably be numerous blogs posted by Scheff on the internet and I will be more than willing to try and answer any legitimate questions that may arise because of her blogs.  I am not as internet savy as she is and I do not have the ability to hire a "reputation defender" to try and counter blog her posts.  

I don't want to walk away from what I think is a very serious issue just because some one has more resources at their disposal than I do.  This industry is unregulated and their are individuals taking advantage of that.  I truely believe that children with "behavioral" issues need qualified, educated, trained indviduals taking care of thier needs.  I think awareness of this industry needs to be continually made.    

I don't know what the judges decision will be, but he did state that there are grounds for appeal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »
I think you're doing absolutely the right thing.  Speaking truth to this industry's power can be very difficult and carry significant consequences.  Nonetheless, it needs to be done.

Keep on fighting back and let us know the disposition of your efforts.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:34:14 PM »
I second that emotion!  Glad to hear the judge believes there are grounds for an appeal.  That's very encouraging news!

:P

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:37:02 PM »
Was this hearing attended by Scheff and her lawyer?  Any media?

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Update
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »
Best of luck to you!  I'm glad you got a day in court this time, this has been a farce.  This needs to be thrown out, people can't be denied freedom of speech, and that's what this boils down to.  Anyone who is in a business like Scheff's should be able to deal with criticism.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 03:10:23 PM »
How can posters who believe in FREEDOM OF SPEECH help Carey Bock counter these upcoming BLOGS that Sue Scheff will/might flood the internet with?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Mockery of Justice
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 06:11:39 PM »
Hopefully, Carey, you will have a full and fair opportunity for your side of the evidence to be presented.  It was asked in court today who wrote the article below and, yes, it was me and there shall be more articles written about the unfolding of this case and other issues, as time permits.  

The $11.3 million dollar verdict was by default.  It is, in my legal judgment, a complete, unequivocal mockery of justice; a clown show of monumental proportions.  

Thank you, Ginger, for allowing others to express opinions.  -Paula Reeves-

Katrina Victim Fights for Trial after $11.3 Million Default
Judgment for Internet Blogging

Case in Point:  

Sue Scheff, owner of Parents Universal Resource Experts (PURE), called a “crook, con artist, and a fraud” by Katrina victim Carey Bock.

FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA (January 30, 2007):   Carey Bock from Mandeville, Louisiana was devastated by
Hurricane Katrina.  She evacuated her family to a Texas apartment only to find her father was suffering from heart
failure.  Bock lost most of her money.  One of Bock’s sons was in Iraq and the other son was in Germany.  It seemed
life couldn’t get much worse—that is, until Bock received word that a judgment in Broward County, Florida had
entered against her for $11.3 million in a case filed by Sue Scheff and Parents Universal Resource Experts (PURE).  
Bock did not receive court notices after May 31, 2006.  

These facts are relevant according to Bock’s motion, filed in November 2006, to set aside the default.  The Broward
County judge will hear Bock’s motion against Scheff in early February 2007.   A response by Scheff’s lawyer has not
been filed with the court.

Bock called Scheff a “crook,” a “con artist,” and a “fraud” over the Internet.   Scheff told U.S.A. Today,
October 11, 2006, that Scheff wanted to “make a point,” in suing Bock, but some feel Scheff went too far.  
According to Bock, she has witnesses who will testify in support of her opinions of Scheff.

Scheff too was slapped with a lawsuit for similar Internet behavior directed at the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs (WWASP).  Scheff, unlike Bock, had business insurance covering her attorney fees.  Scheff used false names when she blogged WWASP over the Internet.  

Scheff accused WWASP of fraud.  Bock accused Scheff fraud.  The difference, some would argue, is only the ability to access lawyers.

As oddity would have it, Scheff had a prior business association with WWASP.  According to a United States Court of Appeals opinion, Scheff had been paid a substantial sum whenever Scheff referred a child to a WWASP program.  After a “falling out” with the marketing arm of WWASP, Scheff now competes with WWASP.  Some operators of the children’s programs to which Scheff refers have been accused of multiple counts of child abuse.  

The federal court held WWASP to be a limited purpose public figure and thus Scheff was not liable.  Scheff too is a limited purpose public figure, according to Bock’s lawyer, because Scheff has cast herself in the public eye on the issues about which Bock has blogged.

The chilling of speech is at issue.  The sheer cost of defense may be enough to silence advocates attempting to expose fraud and child abuse in referral businesses—complaints, that is, such as those against Scheff and her company PURE.  ###

Copyright © 2007 Paula Reeves
All Rights Reserved
www.paulareeves.cpm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 01:15:53 AM »
Good Luck, Carey!

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 01:54:21 AM »
To the Guest who asked if Scheff and her attorney were present,
Yes they were.  I tried to make eye contact with her, but she wouldn't look at me.  She avoided it at all cost.

I think she was pretty nervous about the whole thing.  My attorney did have copies of her web pages where she proclaimed to hold two degees and her web page stateing she was an ICEP member.  And my attorney also had copies of those members who are ICEP certified in Florida.  There were only about 9 of them and Scheff's name was no where to be found on that list.  But then, that was the point,  one of the requirements for obtaining the title "ICEP" are that the individual must have their master's degrees.  It appears Scheff does not hold any of the three degrees she has claimed to have achieved.

Her attorney also brought up questions about the affidavits that have been collected on my behalf.  He wanted to know if I had them or knew of them.   I told him I had not seen them but that I was aware that they existed.

Alot of her blogs that have appeared over the last couple of months contain some out right lies and a whole lot of manipulation of the "facts" as she calls them.  

Thanks again to everyone for your support.  All of this has been hard for me and at times more than I have been able to bare.  But things are looking up and I am hopeful things will work out as they should.

Carey

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sue Scheff Avoid Eye Contact?
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
Sue Scheff lie?  Sue Scheff avoid eye contact?  We cannot imagine any such thing.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:15 PM »
Good luck...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »
Ditto!

The judgement, IMO, was so far over the top - I could only wonder why we even have jurors.  Then I remembered they only heard one side of the story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
Who were the witnesses for Sue Scheff in this one-sided case?
Think they have read any of Carey Bock's rebuttals?
Think they have read about Isabelle Zehnder, and this so-called "advocate" referring to Scheff/Pure and to the Sunrise Adolescent Transport Company in Utah; which is owned by a former WWASP Teen Help employee, Julie Thompson?
Think they have read the Scheff's Whitmore blogs, in which she bashes parents and children, while supporting a defunct program and it's owners, the Sudweeks who have broken laws in 3 countries?

From postings here on Fornits, people who were once "Sue Scheff Supporters" do admit to having been fooled by this woman and her lies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »
Just noticed it's been about a month since this hearing.

Any word yet?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:08:03 AM »
Does Florida not have laws against ridiculous judgments like this one?  JHC!!!! They killed Martin Anderson - took his life - and gave his parents less than half what Sheff got.  This is one fucked up state, IMO.

:flame:  :flame: