Author Topic: Done.  (Read 7561 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Done.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2007, 03:50:41 PM »
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""

Thanks webdiva.  I know that sounds all noble an' all but I aint all like that, I'm just sayin...you know, what it is... You have to shuck an' jive no matter what...

dude thats one reason i said nice post and why i have a lot of respect for you ... you keep it real and you follow your instinct, intuition ... can't not respect that my friend. i admire it and am inspired by it.  Ok im going to go work for HALLMARK NOW   :rofl:

and yeah sure we all have to shuck an' jive, it's the intention behind that shuckin that shows a man/womans integrity and character. IMHO. :)

anyway rock on with your bad self pirate! :)  

::dove::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Done.
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
Quote from: ""starry-eyed pirate""
Sorry for comin here and searchin around like I do.  All shifty and starry-eyed.  I posted this thread in a moment of drunken visions.  I apologize.

Sorry.  

pirate. out.

oh for the love of GOD IGNORE his apology PLEASE...

dude lighten up! you spoke the truth and i liked what you said so therefore no apologies allowed.  allow yourself to inspire  others, thats not a bad thing you know? :)

so yeah ignore that apology he must be drinking! LOL :rofl:

Webdiva... not out well out for a bit! LOL
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Done.
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 07:55:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
:question:  Woof, very interesting perspective...

"Myself, I think of my also in terms of water. I see on one side of my banks I have love and on the other I have fear. My waters run deep, my waters run silent. My waters form rapids after which they rest in gentle pools, yet on either side is love, the other fear."

Does your water ever freeze or boil? If so, what happens next? As it flows, are there ever any island shores to lap or flood? Pollution?
Mine is currently flowing rapidly at about 150 degrees. It is very caustic. It laps no islands and contains persistently high levels of toxicity. The love is buried in the driftwood litterin up the shores, but I wouldn't recommend touching it without gloves. There has been some remedial work being done in the deeper parts, so maybe it will be habitable sooner than later. Only time can tell.

8-)

RG

RG--- I may be wrong...I sense you sincerity and so I will stick my throat out here and hope its not slit. (trust issues and all) Going out on a limb is frightening yet that is were the sweetest fruit is...so here goes

Following the water metaphor…absolutely my water boils and it also freezes, water conforming to its environment, its container, it's natural. Conforming to circumstances as they present themselves water behaves appropriately. Can the water become as you say “caustic” or “polluted”, absolutely!

Think of a bottle of ink…one drop of water wont do much to dilute the solid color of that ink. Seemingly the ink is somewhat destined to remain…. stained, for lack of a better word. Yet with more and more droplets of water added to the bottle the ink is transformed slowly to “clarity”…dare I say, purity?

The love “buried in the driftwood” as you say probably wouldn’t be safe for touching without gloves, maybe for extended periods of time….but the driftwood will rot eventually releasing the seething…volatile, explosive, noxious  fluids into it’s surroundings…And I think that eventually, inevitably all is good. On this board I have said before that I think that peace is not only possible, but inevitable.

I recently bought the DVD collection of a popular series “Planet Earth’ featured on the Discovery channel. On one of the episodes the featured “volcanic vents” on the floor of the ocean, the water is ungodly hot and toxic to many forms of life….yet, life exists. Microbes thrive in abundance. Of course these microbes are on the bottom of a food chain and as a result support scores of other species.

Water simply doesn’t care, it only goes were it’s needed (driven by gravity, temperature, chemical or by pressure) and then supports or destroys…depending on ones perspective. I hope not to have given the impression that all is paradise and that I have found some utopian manner in which to compare myself with. As peaceful as waters lapping against a tranquil shore may sound it is not always the case. Although it has happened and I have experienced peaceful moments such as this, I have also experienced, freezing, boiling, vaporizing, felt as large as an ocean and as frightened as a single droplet must be before becoming one with the enormity of that ocean. Consider the cyclic nature of water…look at your glass of water, how long has this water existed in it’s many forms? Remember several years ago they had a bottled water that was from prehistoric glaciers…I never tried it because I thought surely there had to be some dinosaur piss mixed in there somewhere…Point is that this “water”  had existed for thousands of years in some shape, form or another.

The bridge I cross everyday back and forth to work is a fascinating experience for me….for more reasons than I care to count at the moment. But for sake of this conversation...I think of the travels this body of water has made. Perhaps there is a bridge near you….how long ago did the body of water cross under that bridge and how long did it take to cross under the bridge I travel on? And….do ya think it cared? Do ya think it gave any thought or consideration to it’s direction, it’s temperature, it’s salinity, it’s clarity? Think it cared that it maybe underneath the ground, or resting in a tidal pool with a stranded fish or pounding the coastline, eroding vast quantities of real estate? Probably not, it simply does what it does. Think my Aquafina gives a shit that it is helping to sustain my existence? Probably not…it’s just water.

Once in Colorado visiting a guru of sorts I set up camp just inside of the Rio Grand National Park on the west side of the Rockies in a lil place called Crestone CO. Pop.600 This was at the time of the snow melt and the gorge I had set my encampment near was raging, the sound was incredibly loud. I somehow managed to get a 5-gallon bucket filled without the force ripping me into its torrent. The water was unbelievably cold for a florida boy and it looked filthy, certainly not fit for consumption. I went about doing other things and returned to find that the sediment and shit had settled to the bottom of the bucket leaving pristine drinking water from the mountain on top.

Point is, by allowing the water to do what it does, by allowing gravity  to work and by not fucking with it….the water eventually was perfect…better than my beloved Aquafina. Now if I liken that to myself…sure, there are moments of extreme turmoil and my demeanor exhibits that…..But if I allow myself time, and I don’t keep fucking with myself, stirring shit up…Its been my experience that the sediment/turmoil will settle leaving me in my pristine state…at peace.  I just got to remember not to keep fucking with myself.

Om Shanti
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Done.
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2007, 12:45:21 AM »
Well, sounds good to me Woof. No throat slittin here, lol. What happens when you reach a period of clear on top, sediment on bottom and someone comes along and tips over the bucket? With what do you replace the water? More water or some other more viscous material? I've been thinkin about cement. The classic stuff, like me since I'm an older feller, takes around 50 years to completely cure. People could paint it, wash it, drive on it, shoot it, crush it, recycle it, etc... and it would still remain cement, held fast in the bucket, so to speak. If, of course it was crushed and spread out on a beach or something, then it would be gone, but who can say how long they'll live anyways. In this light, water seems to be rather fragile and high maintenance-like. It may be less work per se to pour that water into the cement mix and start to cure. I don't know, I'm startin to get all philosophically analogetic or somethin, LOL. Certainly nothing is better than an ice cold mountain spring water drink though. In 1975, up there in Alberta Canada, I drank a coffee cupful of Lake Louise water, the canoe guide nearly had a heart attack, telling me that I shouldn't drink it, but hell, it was from a glacier and crystal clear, why not? LOL Maybe that's what's wrong with me.

It's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's The Aqua Philosopher!!!!!  :rofl:

Here's a neat tidbit...

"SCIENTISTS DISCOVER NEW ELEMENT
By Jose Luis Preza
The heaviest element known to science was recently discovered by university physicists. The element, tentatively named "Administratium," has no protons or electrons and thus has an atomic number of 0. However, it does have one neutron, 15 assistant neutrons, 70 vice neutrons, and 161 assistant vice neutrons. This gives it an atomic mass of 247. These 247 particles are held together in the nucleus by a force that involves the continuous exchange of meson-like particles called "morons." Since it has no electrons, Administratium, is inert.

However, it can be detected chemically as it impedes every reaction with which it comes in contact. According to discoverers, a minute amount of Administratium added to one reaction caused it to take over four days to complete. Without the Administratium, the reaction occurs in less than one second. Administratium has a half life of approximately three years, at which time it does not actually decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which assistant neutrons, vice neutrons and assistant vice neutrons exchange places. Studies seem to show that the atomic mass actually increases after each reorganization.

Research indicates that Administratium occurs naturally in the atmosphere. It tends to concentrate in certain locations such as governments, large corporations, and especially in universities. It can usually be found polluting the best appointed and best maintained buildings. Scientists warn that Administratium is known to be toxic and recommend plenty of alcoholic fluids followed by bed rest after even low levels of exposure."

RG