Poll

What is your Favorite AA Meeting in the South?

Glenmore Group
0 (0%)
New Beginnings
0 (0%)
Haddon Road
0 (0%)
Midnapore Group
0 (0%)
Recovery Group
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closes: October 30, 2044, 10:14:22 AM

Author Topic: AA Meeting Anyone?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Meeting Anyone?
« on: June 01, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
Any graduates want to get together for a meeting and a coffee, let me know lets set someting up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Quick question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 04:25:35 PM »
I am not sure if you are serious. If you are, this may not be the place to meet people interested in attending meetings with you. If you are looking for someone to talk to about your time in AARC and need help then feel free to email me [email protected]
If you are not serious then I am sorry you feel this is a good way to spend your time. On the upside, every time a pro AARC person makes a nasty comment or harasses someone on this site it furthers the cause. The fact that victims cannot be left alone or feel safe on a survivor site just reaffirms the cult aspect of AARC. My lawyer prints every nasty post and it will work in my favour when we go to court. So thank you for  helping build a stronger case for me  :)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Meeting Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »
Well to start, I am sorry if you found my comments nasty or harassing. It was clearly not the point of my post. I guess I misunderstood the point of this forum. I had thought that this was a place for AARC Survivor's to talk, about whatever they feel is needed.

I don't know your story, but if you where mistreated by AARC or anyone at AARC then I am sorry for you. I went through AARC 4 years ago now, and I still have some concerns about how the place is run, but for my own sanity I deal with my feelings with my sponsor, & the support of my home group. And in that way I was very serious about wanting to go to a meeting it is where I feel the best, and where I am able to get my frustrations with AARC, when they come up, out. Because of how I chose to deal with my emotions around AARC, I also had assumed that this was a fair place to talk about it, and see if anyone was interested in an AA meeting.

Anyways, Hope you have a good weekend, and that your court case helps overcome whatever you mistreatment you feel you inured at AARC.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My bad
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 05:39:20 PM »
This forum has been used in the past to intimidate survivors. I misunderstood your statement, which is why I asked.
Fornits is a fair place to talk about anything AARC related.
I have not been to an AA meeting in years. I told my story (including the AARC abuse issues) at a meeting and was contacted by an AARC staff member within days to "talk" about the statements I had made.
I will admit that I am jaded towards the program because I never found anyone who didn't have a loose affiliation with AARC.
My court case is not to heal the damage done to me. I have one goal: Closing the doors to AARC and making sure Dean Vause cannot just move to another province or country and start up again.
I am sorry if it seemed like I jumped down your throat, that was not my intention. Staff and Pro-AARCers come on here and try to sound witty using sarcasm and sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between a genuine question and an arrogant comment.
I am sorry I cannot answer your poll. I do wish you luck. I have given you my email address. Within the next 6 months I will be looking for survivors who want to talk about the AARC program (not just abuse issues but flaws they see with the system itself). If you would like to take action regarding your concerns please feel free to contact me. Take care either way.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
AA Meeting Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 08:34:34 PM »
Sam, why do all of you AARColytes have to be so disingenuous and such poor spellers.  I know that lying is part of supporting AARC, but why do you guys all have to be so obvious?  You and Galka run along to your meeting, before you end up dead or in jail or on a sleepover at the fake doctor, real fraud's house.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA;NA
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:22:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Sam The Eagle FTW!!!""
Well to start, I am sorry if you found my comments nasty or harassing. It was clearly not the point of my post. I guess I misunderstood the point of this forum. I had thought that this was a place for AARC Survivor's to talk, about whatever they feel is needed.

I don't know your story, but if you where mistreated by AARC or anyone at AARC then I am sorry for you. I went through AARC 4 years ago now, and I still have some concerns about how the place is run, but for my own sanity I deal with my feelings with my sponsor, & the support of my home group. And in that way I was very serious about wanting to go to a meeting it is where I feel the best, and where I am able to get my frustrations with AARC, when they come up, out. Because of how I chose to deal with my emotions around AARC, I also had assumed that this was a fair place to talk about it, and see if anyone was interested in an AA meeting.

Anyways, Hope you have a good weekend, and that your court case helps overcome whatever you mistreatment you feel you inured at AARC.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA;NA:
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:02 PM »
Yeah, Yeah, since we know that AARC uses a twelve step method how many people in AA or NA realize that the success rates of these cults including AARC is really no greater than people being able to abstain on their own without the help of God or even the Pastafarian church?
And Ajax is right , of course.  It's almost as if you aarcolytes are trying to develop a code so that other aarcolytes will recognize you.
 Oh dear, what do we do, now they realize we're on to them?  
Well, I suppose we can try to persuade them they've or their parents have been conned.  Perhaps next time I'm in Calgary.
The thought of a class action suit is very appealing.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
favorite fraud
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 01:51:03 AM »
What is your favorite fraudulent aspect of All About Receiving Cash?
1. AARC started as Kids, but now all connection is disavowed.
2. The Leader worked at Kids and was tapped to run Kids in Alberta, but again, all connection to Kids, Straight, Seed, Synanon is denied.
3. The methods employed at AARC are the same brain-washing techniques of Kids, right down to the terminology, but AARC has been sold repeatedly as a unique program.
4. The fees charged are beyond reason, as the place is a day facility that downloads the costs of prisoner upkeep onto parents.
5. The Leader has on many occasions referred to himself as a psychologist when he is not.
6. AARC claims an 85% success rate verified independently by a "study".  The study was written by the Leader, along with other members of the AARC staff and board.
7. AARC operates on the premise that addiction is a disease.  No one at AARC is qualified to treat or diagnose disease.
8. The Leader refers to himself as a doctor, but in reality he got a PhD from a diploma mill.
9. The institution has been sold using testimonials from a number of people described as "doctors", when in fact these are simply more scammers from the Leader's alma mater, the Union Institute diploma mill.
10. Millions of dollars are going into an expansion of a site that was a seismic shop and office.
11. (my personal favorite) AARC claims to treat chemically addicted youth, but many inmates are not addicted to anything.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Quick question
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »
Quote from: ""hmmm?""
I am not sure if you are serious. If you are, this may not be the place to meet people interested in attending meetings with you. If you are looking for someone to talk to about your time in AARC and need help then feel free to email me [email protected]
If you are not serious then I am sorry you feel this is a good way to spend your time. On the upside, every time a pro AARC person makes a nasty comment or harasses someone on this site it furthers the cause. The fact that victims cannot be left alone or feel safe on a survivor site just reaffirms the cult aspect of AARC. My lawyer prints every nasty post and it will work in my favour when we go to court. So thank you for  helping build a stronger case for me  :)

I'm not pro anything, but tell your lawyer that while he is printing off pages from a website, I'm at his nice house, in his bed putting my dink in his wife. :)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
AA Meeting Anyone?
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 09:16:35 AM »
Thanks Josh.  Someone with a personality disorder like yours is a perfect witness to demonstrate to the courts the harm that AARC does.

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Meeting Anyone?
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »
Quote from: ""ajax13""
Thanks Josh.  Someone with a personality disorder like yours is a perfect witness to demonstrate to the courts the harm that AARC does.
Back to me busting a nut on your lawyers wife...

It was great.  :rofl: