Author Topic: Straight will forever be my higher power!!  (Read 6451 times)

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Straight will forever be my higher power!!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »
I don't know which is more funny - this post about being "kicked in the head by Dr. Newton because his love was so powerful for me"  :rofl: or the few of you who are confused that this sarcasm is SUPPOSED to be funny. And, of course, this reminds me of the time when I had to give an instructional speech for my Communication class. We were to speak preferably about something we were talented at or enjoyed - like cooking, or sewing, or painting, or whatever, and describe it to the class. But my first thought was that I had no talent I could share with others! Which of course - is untrue and I realized that after I put some thought into it. But my first reaction to the assignment was so typical of the worthless druggie syndrome, that I decided to do a sarcastic and funny presentation on "How to Maintain Low Self-Esteem." After all, I did that very well and it was situations like that which made me realize it, so why not laugh about it?! When I read the speech to my friends they were rolling on the floor laughing, but the class - they were another matter all together! First of all, I wasn't as relaxed as with my friends so no doubt, that affected the tone and delivery - but both during and after my speech, the entire class stared at me like I just announced I was leaving with Heaven's Gate. Not a smile, not a smirk, not even a guffaw. Instead, they just stared at me, some (I swear) with their mouths hanging open! Obviously, what was hillariously funny to me and my friends was quite insane to the class and I couldn't have been more embarrassed. My attempt to laugh about my initial reaction to the assignment was completely and totally misunderstood by the class, but it certainly taught me a good lesson: one must always know their audience before attempting to use sarcastic humor! Unfortunately, some of you are like those classmates - so unwilling to laugh at dysfunction when maybe that's precisely what you need to help you let go of it. So, Bravo, anon! If you want to write me and give me permission to use this in my book, I would be honored to accept it; it's too funny (and true) not to share with the world!: [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »
I knew it was sarcasm.  It reminds me of http://www.somethingawful.com except somethingawful is funny.

Offline toddbrown

• View Profile
    • http://departmentofskateboarding.com
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2003, 01:57:00 AM »
I have nothing witty to add, other than I actually find what this person said to be amusing!!! am I wrong??
emeber me? I was Todd Brown Dallas(Irving) Straight 89-90 I commenced and was on staff for a short time, then fell off the face of the earth please email me if you remember me I really want to get in touch with other dallas  straight ppl!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 04:16:00 PM »
:eek: ;;

Offline Johnny82-84

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2003, 01:39:00 AM »
I agree, "Dr. Butt Fig Newton"  Poor ole Buttfig !  He's got wares of care in his underwear. That red, i got to take a shit, misplaced, fuckface!! I always understood why he was so misunderstood!! When you are stricken with permanent, cronic, shitass, bi-butt-polar ineptitude.!! Come on !!  Damnit man!!  Where is you're impathy and sensitivity!! Up you're ass!!  Well, you know the honesty is always in Newtons shit!! He likes to force others to sit in soiled britches. Because the therapy was all for him.
Poor ole mister emotional toilet trainer!! I'f you weren't so damn selfish in you're own program, you would beg for his forgiveness. Dr.Buttfig Newton behind chocolate bars forever. I love ya Buttfig!!! I'm so glad after 22 years. I was finally able use You're Rap on Catharsis to flush you back to Toilet Trainee.  I will use every trick in the book to make you stay there.
 The smart feller , fart smeller that you are.   " PEANUT BUTTER DIET" Boy!! The logs will always roll in memory of you, oh Great Buttcandy expert. You will eternally run the show in the underworld..             I love you STRAIGHT !!

Remember, no talking behind backs. Anal subterfuge at all times. Johnny Reb, Madison, Fla
Straight parodies from 1982,83, until 3-6-84. In sick memory of all the shitty days, and all the shitty days added to my life because of Buttfig!!

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid
of the dark. The real tragedy of life is
when men are afraid of the light.
--Plato

I was in Straight Inc St Pete, Fla
 From 1982-84  I still suffer, would like to get response from former members.  Madison, Fla
                        Johnny Sullivan

Offline Johnny82-84

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 01:50:00 AM »
The light is now on. The memories will be gone.
 The right and not the wrong will forever sing my song. It isn't how you learn or how you teach, It's the a sense of humor that most will be reached. Nothing offensive intended, no remarks pretended. You don't have to be a pervert or revert to anti-convert. But if you can't take a joke. Well, you must be a squirt!!

Johnny Madison, Fla

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;  I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.  
-- A. Whitney Brown

From 1982-84  I still suffer, would like to get response from former members.  Madison, Fla
                        Johnny Sullivan

Offline Johnny82-84

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »
I love you!! Now explain to us sincerely why you deserve another glass of water. I have already over-fed you as it is. You better write me a good MI on appreciation. How do you feel, get honest!
 Stop being so passive and manipulative.

For three days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off.  
-- Johnny Carson

Johnny Sullivan

Offline Johnny82-84

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2003, 02:24:00 AM »
On 2003-07-16 23:19:00, Johnny82-84 wrote:

"

I love you!! Now explain to us sincerely why you deserve another glass of water. I have already over-fed you as it is. You better write me a good MI on appreciation. How do you feel, get honest!

Stop being so passive and manipulative.

For three days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off.  
-- Johnny Carson

"

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism--how passionately I hate them!
--Albert Einstein

Johnny Sullivan

Offline xeon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »
I was getting ticked reading through the first post... at first I thought "What a dumbass... then this person is still brain washed... and finally this has to be a joke right???!!!

[Homer Simpson]HEHE, I get jokes![/Homer Simpson]
traight Inc.
Sprinfield, VA (87-88\'ish)
\"Was I the only dry druggie to make 2nd phase?\"

Offline nicoleesther

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2003, 01:57:00 AM »
Hello higher Power...

What about all the kids like myself who did not have a drug problem....I just did not get along with my mom and suddenly found myself incarcerated....however,
no jury no court of law....just my mom's check paid in full....(by the way I was only there 4 days & $4000 they refused to reimburse).

Look up the Patty Heart story and the Stockholm Syndrome....Many individuals such as yourself identify with their perpetrators....The same dynamics happen in concentration camps such as Auchswich, Bergan Belsen and viet con POW CAMPS...
You Need Serious HelP my friend....

Any so called "treatment facility" that kicks, sexually abuses and drugs then forces 15 yo girls to have abortions is NOT A HIGHER POWER!!!!

In addition, on a more personal level any Drug Treatment place that accepts a non drug using kid in their prog only for profitable gain IS A FUCK UP HIGHER POWER.....

From
Dr. Nicole
Ethical Therapist

Offline xeon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »
Dr. Nicole
I was in the same boat, my mother and I didn't get along... so off to Straight with me.  Unfortunately for me I spent months in the program eventually falling in line with their "dry druggy" tag on me.  This is of course after weathering the "you're full of S" storm for an extended period.  I was a big risk for chemical dependancy was the end conclusion... throw some extreme sarcasm on that one.  

Anyways, I copped out and dropped at the first chance on second phase as I had planned.  This was after dropping the inside dope to my mother and she withdrew me the day after taking the Midnight Express... in spite of our horrible relationship.  A relationship that would only be stable when I got to be an adult btw.

As I remember it my mother had a real time with the Straight charges herself... she had placed my sister in the program sometime after me.  Someone was getting paid pretty good and from the look of things it wasn't the local staffers.  It sure wasn't spent on us either!!!
traight Inc.
Sprinfield, VA (87-88\'ish)
\"Was I the only dry druggie to make 2nd phase?\"

Offline the inmatte

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2003, 12:47:00 AM »
nice petifore^
what in the world compelled you to say this much?
was it "the force" or are you a real black opps
super genius that has penatrated our mitst
soon we shall know and to the looser kung foo%#$#$

Offline nicoleesther

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2003, 03:17:00 AM »
::boohoo::

Ok Really,

Enough with the sarcasm.....

I think Higher Power tends to fuel the self righteous, smart asses, Freudian analysis, and Fuck you all attitudes....Recongnize the dynamics? Daminno affect then stick the dog!

On a seroius note don't feed into this drama bullshit....Bottomline he obviously still brainwashed....And yes I did my grad thesis on how the Stockholm syndrom & can happen in extreme cult like groups....When individuals are stripped of everything its natural to look at the people in charge as GODS...

Everyone has a working formula...MO way of operating....And yes Higher Power fueled my working formula........

Nicole

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2003, 08:01:00 PM »
yes, but Patty Hearst did'nt have her life saved by the SLA...I was saved by the near God like Father Newton.   Straight and Father Newton made me the man I am today

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2003, 11:01:00 PM »
Ahh, come on! How long is it gonna take for someone to tell this anon mofo where he/she can stick it? Or maybe we should ignore this sort of stupid crap and maybe it'll go away...  :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-08-10 20:02 ]