Author Topic: Struggling Teens Forum Closed Down  (Read 11950 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Struggling Teens Forum Closed Down
« on: May 21, 2007, 02:19:33 PM »
Lon has closed the Discussion Forum.  Apparently the staged attacks between Karen and exhausted finally got his attention. Jena was MIA and an embarrassed Lon posted a message telling the children to go post elsewhere pending Jena's return.
Way to wake up, Lon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »
Classic
The StrugglingTeens discussion forum has been closed while Jena is traveling. The children can take their petty bickering to another sandbox. Please check back soon to see if Jena can come up with any ground rules that can make it focus on parent support rather than drama. -Lon

Webmaster
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
What attacks?(I don't visit that forum, health reasons)
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »
Well now.  This is a shocker.   :-?
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »
I do believe he was going to close it down previously, but Jena (according to Jena) convinced him to keep it open provided she would run it.  He allegedly doesn't want to be bothered.  This from quoted material posted by psy, a post I can not seem to find at the moment...

Is it really because Jena is "traveling," or is it that things are just too heated of late there, and Jena doesn't want to deal with it any more either?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 04:07:08 PM »
Looks like you guys finally did it. Good job!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »
Willie (Karen) and exhausted were in a battle, which turned out to be a sham.  Karen wanted to show that Psy was held to a different standard and no matter what a parent did, they wouldn't be banned. Exhausted knew what was going on, but a lot of the other parents got mad about the fighting. Karen posted today saying what the intent was, and Lon got mad.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 05:08:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
I do believe he was going to close it down previously, but Jena (according to Jena) convinced him to keep it open provided she would run it.  He allegedly doesn't want to be bothered.  This from quoted material posted by psy, a post I can not seem to find at the moment...

Is it really because Jena is "traveling," or is it that things are just too heated of late there, and Jena doesn't want to deal with it any more either?
Bloody hell ursus, we said the same thing word for word  :o

And oh, erm yer, about that between me and WillieNelson, sorry peeps who were using the site for genuine reasons, but not sorry for the reason we did it ... i think you all now know that the site closing down confirms that Py was banned for not complying and his wish to speak freely - but fear not, his site allows everyone to do just that, on the plus side.

I guess if ST opens again, that'll be me and Karen banned then?  If so, why? Because we opened a Pandora's box? Whatever....

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 05:11:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""

You're right, Ursus, Psy had a link to the email he received from Jena.  I can't find it either right now, not for lack of looking.  I do recall it said Lon was ready to ditch the forum after Sue Scheff made it a crime scene during her WWASP "crusade".  Jena volunteered to take over, since she had moderated for AOL at some time and could devote the time necessary to police the forum.  Gestapo the forum is more like it.

Jena's "travel" seems like a convenient alibi designed to hide her obvious bias on the forum.  I don't think she anticipated the wave of protest following Psy's banishment.  Some very prolific ST posters found the ban indefensible, and it caused them to look at ST in a way they hadn't before.

ST doesn't need a forum anyway, it's only an infomercial for Lon and his EdCon cronies.  Defend the industry, Lon, but make sure your disclaimer is in plain sight.  Like mine   ::deal::

[/b]
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 05:28:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Willie (Karen) and exhausted were in a battle, which turned out to be a sham.  Karen wanted to show that Psy was held to a different standard and no matter what a parent did, they wouldn't be banned. Exhausted knew what was going on, but a lot of the other parents got mad about the fighting. Karen posted today saying what the intent was, and Lon got mad.

Hee hee.

Bet Lon didn't expect that to happen.  Before everybody blames me, saying it must have been some crazy scheme of mine, it was actually not my idea.  Karen became increasingly suspicious of Lon's motives after he banned me a second time, and decided to test him.  I only found out about it after I contacted Karen to ask her to go easy on Exhausted.  I had suspected she was up to something but didn't know for sure until I got a response.  Exhausted didn't even know about it until a few days ago... I was afraid she would attack back, so I emailed her to let her in on what was going on, telling her to keep cool, no matter what.  Lon would never ban his most loyal (that is, until her program was corrupted) cheerleader.  She was sure to intersperse her posts with program support and cheers for Lon.

I told Karen they wouldn't do a damn thing about it.  They would ban Exhausted before they banned her.  So... why did he shut the forum down?  He lost all his cheerleaders.  His forum is only valuable to him if he can use it as free marketing.

So.  The next time you decide to flame Exhausted or Karen, realize that it was they who dealt ST the final deathblow.  Without ST, parents will have the opportunity to look towards other sources for more balanced information.  Hopefully, being able to communicate with survivors in a "parent friendly" enviornment such as "Struggling People", moderated by all sides (survivors, parents, etc), will help parents to better understand the dangers of this industry.  How is this different than the "Facilities Questions" forum?  It isn't.  It just doesn't have the "evil" Fornits name, that scares people off.  It's moderated by TSW as well.

Before people jump on me.. Yes.  I am moving the forum to a real domain without the ads.

Did I have anything to do with it?  Inspiring the resistance?   Well.  I might as well explain now.  Karen has known about it since December.

I registered for ST for two purposes:  to warn the parents of the dangers of disreputable schools and educational consultants, and to get banned in the process.  I knew they wouldn't let me continue to warn parents, since it would harm business, but at the same time, I knew they couldn't ban me unless I gave them a reason.  So, I gave them no reason.  It probably drove them insane.  I wanted to prove to other parents that they would ban me for what I said, not how I went about saying it.  Lon and Jena took the bait.  They banned me.  Instead of sitting quietly in the corner to think about my "consequences", I exposed their bullshit reasons for banning me to the public and made a spectacle of our correspondence.  They gave me the ammunition I wanted...  And they did it twice.  Their reasons, the second time, were even more absurd than the first, and gave me an opportunity to show parents what other motivations they might have for banning me.  I created dissent, I created an uncensored (just no attacks) alternative, and watched the migration.

I was going to leave it at that point, figuring most parents would figure it out...  I have to thank Karen for deciding to put Lon to her own test.  I suppose the people I really should be thanking are the folks at ST.  By being willing to ban me for no legitimate reason, they showed the public what many of us "over here" already knew...  that they had ulterior motives, and whatever those might be, you probably don't want your kids in the hands of people who aren't willing to let you explore other options.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »
Well put Psy

But consider that ST may well be put back up again once the dust dies down, yes most of the posters there will have moved on to another forum such as yours, but there will always be troubled teens and desperate parents, it'll just be a new generation i guess.

There is only one way ST will close forever, and that is if there are no programs to discuss, and unless people like Lon et al decide to stop advocating them, I cannot see that happening.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »
While these parents play, kids are being hurt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 06:41:17 PM »
Karen has now ruined 2 forums.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 07:44:34 PM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
Well put Psy

But consider that ST may well be put back up again once the dust dies down, yes most of the posters there will have moved on to another forum such as yours, but there will always be troubled teens and desperate parents, it'll just be a new generation i guess.

There is only one way ST will close forever, and that is if there are no programs to discuss, and unless people like Lon et al decide to stop advocating them, I cannot see that happening.

That is true, but without parents, there is no industry.  I truly believe, if parents have access to all the information, most will not choose a program as an alternative.  Most do so in ignorance.  Most are blind to the warning signs.  Most do not understand why many on Fornits are so upset.  It's ignorance not malice.  If these were truly evil parents, they wouldn't give a damn enough to post online at all.  Tell a parent: "Your kid is gonna DIE!!!!" and it scares them.  Fear, like most emotion, suppresses reason, and people make decisions under stress that they would not make otherwise.  When those parents check on a forum, which at first glance, would seem to be populated by a balanced range of opinion, their decisions are continuously validated, dissenting ones "pruned" via editing or banning.  Without that universal validation and re-enforcement,

Lon won't open his forum again, or he will have to ban all his current posters.  If he does that, he will have to come up with a good reason (and since he can't.. he would just be kicking himself in the ass again).  My guess is the place is gone for good.  *waves to a few select people "in the know" and smiles* :D
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 07:51:34 PM »
I truly believe, if parents have access to all the information, most will not choose a program as an alternative.

Your forum populace says otherwise. (program parents)