Author Topic: Duct-taped from head to toe...Still funny to you?  (Read 1766 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Duct-taped from head to toe...Still funny to you?
« on: May 20, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »
from MSN...

Tot dies after being bound with tape at day care
Worker allegedly put tape on 2-year-old’s hands, mouth to silence him

TULSA, Okla. - A day care worker was being held Saturday in the death of a 2-year-old boy who had his hands bound and his mouth covered with masking tape, police said.

The boy, who had been on life support, died late Thursday, Officer Jason Willingham said.

Vicki Leigh Chiles was being held without bail on a complaint of first-degree murder. She was the only worker at the facility at the time, looking after eight children ages 7 and younger, Willingham said.

Chiles told police the boy would not be quiet for nap time, so she used tape to silence him, an arrest report states.

Chiles told investigators she left the boy unattended for a few minutes and came back to find him lying on the floor unresponsive, the report states. She said she called for an ambulance and tried to perform CPR.

The state agency that oversees child day care operators was investigating Chiles’ business, said Mary Leaver, an agency spokeswoman.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »
Oh my God

Why? FFS he was just being a noisy kid - maybe he just didn't want to go to sleep

poor baby  :cry:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:04:39 PM »
Every parent's nightmare...

Eight kids is a LOT as per licensed Day Care standards; what was she doing alone?  That set-up is ripe for a situation like this, where personal frustrations got in the way of better judgment.

Everybody loses here, especially the youngster that lost his life.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Everybody loses here.

Other than TheWho, he loves reading this kind a stuff, he finds it "a little funny".

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »
I read about this this morning and thought about Who's Watching the Kids? when Ken kay(?) tried to gush over the the question regarding a kids mouth being duck taped at spring creek lodge.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:32:02 PM »
During the PURE vs. WWASPS trial some of the jurors cried as they watched video clips of the “Box,” where American
children were reportedly hog-tied, hand-cuffed, duct-taped, starved, and slugged by staff.

When asked about whether using "3 inch tape" or "duct tape" constituted abuse in his opinion, he responded with this - "I, I, uh, I dont know I don't think I'm the right person to answer that question, I really honestly don't dont know that that would be... abuse. I really... (smiling) I know that you'd like to get an answer but I really don't know and I don't know how I feel about it, I uld probably be appropriate. Not at one of our schools but in the public system, and once in a while with my own children I thought, man, that wouldn't be a bad idea." - Ken Kay (President of WWASP)

Photos were shown of children who were locked inside The ISO Box (Isolation Box), a wooden structure no larger than a small closet at WWASP's Paradise Cove program in Western Samoa. Children told of their experiences when they were hog-tied, struck by staff members, and duct-taped during their stay. When an investigation into allegations of child abuse and neglect was initiated, WWASP closed this program.

I was often struck by WWASP's harassment of the parents who testified. For example, Fred Silvester, WWASP’s attorney, was asking Mr. Goodwin, a father whose son was in WWASP’s High Impact, about a comment made having to do with going to look around the "school". In what appeared to me to be a sharp, sarcastic tone, he asks, "And what did you see?" I guess maybe he thought Mr. Goodwin would say, happy kids soaking up knowledge! Mr. Goodwin responded, "Well, I looked in one door and saw a girl sitting with a three inch strip of duct tape across her mouth." Silvester’s back went stiff, as he drummed his fingers on the podium; Then he waves his hand at Mr. Goodwin and snaps, "You just made that up, didn't you?!"

"NO I did NOT just make that up!" was Mr. Goodwin's adamant reply.

It was powerful.

It was during Mr. Goodwin's testimony about High Impact that I learned some things I had not been aware of before. He explained how the staff used cattle prods to terrify the students and keep them in the stress positions. It was either maintain the position, or get a jolt from the cattle prod. They would strike the ground and create a discharged by the kids' heads, so they would know the prod was hot.

Enough controversy, including records supplied to officials that allegedly documented restraints used against children such as handcuffs, pepper spray and duct tape, led the Boonville City Council on Monday to unanimously reject Lichfield's offer.

Quote from: ""TheWho""
If you talk about being abused in a facility I know nothing about, I will believe you.

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=12820&start=120

Quote from: ""TheWho""
There was an event that struck me as kind of absurd and a little funny, at the time, that’s all.

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21604&start=10

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 04:47:38 PM »
that poor child :(  there is no way he was left unattended for "a few minutes"  something like that takes time and the child would be squirming and other children would have noticed something... that was malicious intent to kill.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
I read about this this morning and thought about Who's Watching the Kids? when Ken kay(?) tried to gush over the the question regarding a kids mouth being duck taped at spring creek lodge.

You mean at cross creek?

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 09:56:01 PM »
Maybe I get the two crossed....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]