Author Topic: A Girl From Newport  (Read 1233 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
A Girl From Newport
« on: May 06, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »
The death mask of Judas, is hanging on her wall.
She's going to let everyone down.

She launched her friends in the lifeboat, cuz she is a mutineer, she has an urge to drown.

She keeps up with her smiling, but sometimes she wonders why, and what they all say when she's not around.

She takes her time with her make-up, and makes her lashes shine, in sleep she's beautiful and flying.

She's like a zoo animal, that's frustrated by her cage.
She wants, she wants to be outside.

Real life could never measure up to raw imagination, this beauty always seemed like ugliness, she was still a little girl, but was treated like a grown-up.

From the CD "Ferociously Stoned"
             The Lifeboat Mutiny
Steve Perry - Lyrics   Lead Vocalist of Cherry Poppin' Daddies

I am a big fan of these guys and have all of the band's signatures on my concert T shirt.  I hung out with the band and got to know Steve pretty good after their debut show in 1997.  I told the guys about thrill hill, and when they came back in 1998, they had their own tourbus to they took it at 48mph and dented the hell out of the luggage panel.  Steve and Matt even took me over to the bus and had ME sign THEIR dent!  It was too funny..........

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-05-06 20:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-05-07 11:24 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
A Girl From Newport
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »
Did you pen that? That's cool!

:tup: <(©¿©)>

Offline ehm

• View Profile
A Girl From Newport
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 12:32:00 AM »
I like that. Is that one of your songs? It's good.
 ::boohoo:: Kinda sad, but pretty.
Morli

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
A Girl From Newport
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 07:50:00 AM »
Hey 85 day friend, is that the hill on the south side as you go over railroad tracks?  If you hit it just right at the tracks you go airborne.  Mucho fun - did it in my mom's car when I was a young whippersnapper 7th stepper.   Damn near made the girl I was with sick. hehe

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
A Girl From Newport
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 02:00:00 PM »
Hey pickle-man,  not quite, that hill you are referring to was the Pasadena Hill.  It has since been tamed, the tracks were taken out for the Pinellas Trail, the intersection re-grooved, and about 47 cubic yards of blacktop was shaved off the top, sorta like 'breast reduction.'

The real deal is still where it always has been, the grand ole gateway to Southeast Shores and the Bayboro Harbor district.  To get to it from downtown St. Pete, get on 2nd Street which is one way and take it all the way to the end down by the USF campus.  You will now be on the "Southside."  Turn right, slide into left lane, and turn left at the traffic light.  You should now be on 3rd Street.  A little ways on the left should be the Salvador Dali Museum.  The area gets more run down as you go.  Watch for kids on bikes and joggers and stuff.  Do not take the hill on the first pass! ! !  There could be some one fishing or walking or something and you will kill them dead.  Instead, take it slow and peel your eyes for any hazzards coming either way.
Once it is safe to do so, turn around and approach the bridge/hill from the south.  Heading north, use the following speeds to make your wife/spouse/friend loose their lunch.

For VW Beetles, Geo's, small cars  go 42-45 MPH

For Mid Sized Sedans, go 52 to 60 MPH

Vans and SUV's need only top 45 MPH or you could end up in Salt Creek.

Tour Buses full of Musicians that have been drinking Rolling Rock should keep it under 37 MPH to avoid damaging the underside.

This will be posted again before the conference to give people something to do during the down time.  Drive Safely, and have fun!   Love Bob
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?