Author Topic: Suicide at AAA  (Read 16735 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 01:30:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
THIS IS ALL RIDICULOUS.
I have BEEN  in many of these programs including YCI.
There are very few wilderness's that are anything like Brat Camp
Alot of these kids cause their own problems out there and in any program. The staff can only do what they think would work best.
Upon arriving in wilderness me and the other girl i went with PUT OUR OWN LIVES IN DANGER by choosing to try to run... first in the middle of the night when it was dark and cold. then the next day we choose to try to hike to run and all they could do was hike with us. we got hypotherma from our own stupidity.
Looking back on wilderness I have wanted to go back and do it again. Its a wonderful opprotunity to step back from everything and concentrate on yourself.
My boarding school was also a very rewarding experience. THIS SHIT IS NO WALK IN THE PARK. Many of the kids who go to these places have reached the end of their ropes. Their parents are out of ideas.
I had to fight my way up through the levels but when I got out I had actually learned and matured beyond belief. It did take one more program and a little while of me continuing to fuck up my life with bad choices with a bad boyfriend for me to finally mature and grow into my own
TO PARENTS WHO HAVE PUT YOUR KIDS SOMEWHERE: if they so choose than can make the best of this and come out a successful person. I myself have been offered a position at one of these boarding schools that I am more than happy to take knowing I know what its like and believin they do good.
IF THEY STILL ACT OUT: Give them some time... be patient. They are still kids and I know many people that have ended up working it all out in the end.
TO YOU HATERS... STFU if you don't konw what you are talking about. do not judge these parents for trying to help... do not judge these programs for trying to be there. you cannot even begin to imagine the ends these parents go to BEFORE resorting to this. Many of these places are amazing with staff who care.

Thank you, guest,There are many of us here who are listening.  If you had read a little here before posting you probably realized you would take a beating for telling you side.

I remember when my daughter decided to run off from her school and the staff caught up to her and just walked along side her until she cooled off and decided to head back.  There are many here who talk about violent staff members and restraints but this is the exception and unheard of in most Private TBS’s.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 01:42:38 PM »
THIS IS ALL RIDICULOUS.
I have BEEN in many of these programs including YCI.
Alot of these kids cause their own problems out there and in any program. The staff can only do what they think would work best.
Upon arriving in wilderness me and the other girl i went with PUT OUR OWN LIVES IN DANGER by choosing to try to run... first in the middle of the night when it was dark and cold. then the next day we choose to try to hike to run and all they could do was hike with us. we got hypotherma from our own stupidity.
Looking back on wilderness I have wanted to go back and do it again. Its a wonderful opprotunity to step back from everything and concentrate on yourself.
My boarding school was also a very rewarding experience. THIS SHIT IS NO WALK IN THE PARK. Many of the kids who go to these places have reached the end of their ropes. Their parents are out of ideas.
I had to fight my way up through the levels but when I got out I had actually learned and matured beyond belief. It did take one more program and a little while of me continuing to fuck up my life with bad choices with a bad boyfriend for me to finally mature and grow into my own
TO PARENTS WHO HAVE PUT YOUR KIDS SOMEWHERE: if they so choose than can make the best of this and come out a successful person. I myself have been offered a position at one of these boarding schools that I am more than happy to take knowing I know what its like and believin they do good.
IF THEY STILL ACT OUT: Give them some time... be patient. They are still kids and I know many people that have ended up working it all out in the end.
TO YOU HATERS... STFU if you don't konw what you are talking about. do not judge these parents for trying to help... do not judge these programs for trying to be there. you cannot even begin to imagine the ends these parents go to BEFORE resorting to this. Many of these places are amazing with staff who care.

Posts like that tell so much more than what they intend.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
THIS IS ALL RIDICULOUS.
I have BEEN in many of these programs including YCI.

Posts like that tell so much more than what they intend.

Seems we agree on something.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 01:32:08 AM »
Hmmm is this what the Anon mom is talking about
Quote from: ""mommabear""
i know someone who commited suicide earlier this year at aspen achievement academy THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED we are looking for answers so that maybe we can have somekind of closure. anyone with any info please let me know.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE RUMORS ARE TRUE
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 12:07:26 PM »
THE RUMORS ARE TRUE A CHILD COMMITTED SUICIDE AT ASPEN ACHIEVEMENT ACADEMY IN APRIL IF THERE IS ANYONE WITH ANY "insider information" PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE NEED ANSWERS NOT A COVER UP.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: THE RUMORS ARE TRUE
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 12:40:34 PM »
Quote from: ""MOMMABEAR""
THE RUMORS ARE TRUE A CHILD COMMITTED SUICIDE AT ASPEN ACHIEVEMENT ACADEMY IN APRIL IF THERE IS ANYONE WITH ANY "insider information" PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE NEED ANSWERS NOT A COVER UP.

If you dig hard enough what you will find is that there is no cover-up but a childs family that would like privacy.  I don’t think placing the childs picture and name on the web would be in the best interest of anyone, I would respect their privacy.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 12:50:31 PM »
Sent :  Monday, August 6, 2007 10:49 AM
To :  "D"
CC :  "Gil Hallows"
Subject :  Re: AAA

The report is correct.   You may want to contact Gil Hallows, director of the
program, concerning the death.  His number is 435-836-2472

>>> "D" 8/4/2007 10:01 AM >>>
Hello Mr Callister,

I am contacting you regarding Aspen Achievement Academy and a report that there was recently a suicide there involving a young man who allegedly hung himself.

Given that you are the licensing rep for AAA I was hoping you would be able to confirm or dispell this report.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 01:46:09 PM »

It might be useful to contact the mom whose son died due to medical neglect in a different Aspen program (Youth Care) in June.
Her posts can be found in this thread. First as anon, then as PitBull Mom.
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=278502#278502
Or reach her at [email protected]

What do you know about this? I can't find anything in the media. Why?
Was there an investigation?

You might register a user name so anyone who may have information can send it in a personal message.  They may not be willing to speak publicly. Or provide an email address or something. Otherwise, people don't know how to contact you.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 02:30:13 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""

If you dig hard enough what you will find is that there is no cover-up but a childs family that would like privacy.  I don’t think placing the childs picture and name on the web would be in the best interest of anyone, I would respect their privacy.

MR."WHO" I DONT THINK AT ANY POINT I HAVE STATED A NAME OR EVEN CONSIDERED POSTING A PICTURE I HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF RESPECTING EVERYONES PRIVACY BUT IF THERE IS NO COVER UP PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY AFTER 4 1/2 MONTHS THERE IS NOTHING ON THE WEB OR ANYWHERE ELSE ABOUT THIS CHILDS PREVENTABLE DEATH. THEY OBVIOUSLY DONT WANT THE PUBLIC TO KNOW BECAUSE............. WHAT ELSE HAS HAPPENED AT ASPEN ACHIEVEMENT ACADEMY THAT THE PUBLIC DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT????????????????????????????????

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 02:58:49 PM »

MR."WHO" I DONT THINK AT ANY POINT I HAVE STATED A NAME OR EVEN CONSIDERED POSTING A PICTURE I HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF RESPECTING EVERYONES PRIVACY BUT IF THERE IS NO COVER UP PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY AFTER 4 1/2 MONTHS THERE IS NOTHING ON THE WEB OR ANYWHERE ELSE ABOUT THIS CHILDS PREVENTABLE DEATH. THEY OBVIOUSLY DONT WANT THE PUBLIC TO KNOW BECAUSE............. WHAT ELSE HAS HAPPENED AT ASPEN ACHIEVEMENT ACADEMY THAT THE PUBLIC DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT????????????????????????????????

Sorry, this wasn’t pointed at anyone specific.  But, believe it or not, there are people who get enjoyment out of posting the details of other people’s lives on the web here at fornits, posting pictures of kids who died, posting their names, kids who are trying to start their careers, posting their pictures and poking fun at them and their families.  There are a lot of hateful people out there who do things for the wrong reasons, enjoying spreading the gossip or some other reason.

Families who have a loved one who takes their own life sometimes like to keep it private.  You don’t see the details of suicides in the paper as much as you would a child who died in a car accident or sports injury, for example, some families like to keep it within the immediate family.  So I was just asking for people to exercise a little discretion and respect the families wishes.  My suggestion would be to contact them first and ask if they mind posting their childs name, story and picture on the internet, if that was part of your intent.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 06:59:18 PM »
Too bad it was make-believe.

Wow!!  Imagine if thewho made a comment like that after someone posted a story about their abusive experience.  It wasnt that long ago everyone here was ready to string him up for disrespecting or not believing a survivor.

Now we have someone disrespecting a survivor (who had a positive time inside) and it seems to be okay.  Just lots of bumps on other threads to move this one to the bottom and pretend it never happened.

It's just that a lot of us have been there. I was on pretraining for staff when I last split the program. Good many friends of mine were either staff or program true believers, sometimes for a matter of years or decades afterward. And a good many of us have studied the facts of the situation.

Some of the facts of the situation are these:
Most kids who land up in these places are not anywhere near fucked up in any way to need an out of home placement. Those who are fucked up going in generally wind up more fucked up in many ways coming out the other end. And, most compelling, consistently, generation after generation, our peers who's parents passed on the cultish program offer have made out better in life than those of us who's parents drank the kool aid.

But we pretty much all sounded just like the above guest at first, whether we actually believed what we were saying or were still just scared of getting put back in or disowned by our families.... or somewhere therein.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »
I've been in a program, worked in a program, owned a program, had five kids two of which were IN programs, then I became anti-program and helped shut down 50 programs, and I trained my grandkids to be active anti-program activists- so YOU STFU!

Who are you? Do I know you by some name or other? God, I miss my annoy pop up!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline MOMMABEAR

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 03:55:32 PM »

Sorry, this wasn’t pointed at anyone specific.  But, believe it or not, there are people who get enjoyment out of posting the details of other people’s lives on the web here at fornits, posting pictures of kids who died, posting their names, kids who are trying to start their careers, posting their pictures and poking fun at them and their families.  There are a lot of hateful people out there who do things for the wrong reasons, enjoying spreading the gossip or some other reason.

Families who have a loved one who takes their own life sometimes like to keep it private.  You don’t see the details of suicides in the paper as much as you would a child who died in a car accident or sports injury, for example, some families like to keep it within the immediate family.  So I was just asking for people to exercise a little discretion and respect the families wishes.  My suggestion would be to contact them first and ask if they mind posting their childs name, story and picture on the internet, if that was part of your intent.

APOLOGY ACCEPTED.
VERY CHILD DESERVES TO BE RESPECTED AND PROTECTED.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 05:31:28 PM »
MOMMABEAR wrote:
APPOLOGY ACCEPTED

Your welcome and thanks in advance, for respecting and protecting this family’s wishes and need for privacy during a difficult time.  We had a similar loss in my extended family awhile back and it has been very difficult for them to talk about with family, let alone putting the information out on the internet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2007, 05:42:31 PM »
Ignore the who. He talks about respect for privacy but regularly makes reference to his own daughter and claims he molested her. The man belongs in jail