Author Topic: Who wants to see a monk protest?  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Who wants to see a monk protest?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »
Yes i have heard similar arguments from religious zealots. What has never been answered is how sending a 19 yr old small town boy to this probable death fits into the righteous category. Nor the death of innocent civilians.
I don't know if it was the same in the US but amongst the 600000 ignored Australians who marched against Australian participation in this war in 2003 there were quite a few church groups.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 11:01:10 AM »
From that first link  :roll:
God orders killing
What about when God ordered Joshua and his people to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?13 What crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction? God told Moses that the nations that the Hebrew were replacing were wicked.14 How "wicked" were these people? The text tells us that they were burning their own sons and daughters in sacrifices to their gods.15 So we see that these people were not really innocent. For these reasons (and others16), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed.

What about the children and other "innocents"
Surely God could have spared the children! People tend to assume that children are innocent, even if their parents are doing bad things. The assumption is unfounded. For example, Palestinian Muslim children are officially taught in grammar school to hate their Jewish neighbors.17 They are so well indoctrinated that some of them give up their lives in suicide bombings as children.18 Corruption literally does breed corruption, which is why God did not want the Hebrews tainted by the other corrupt cultures of the Middle East.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 11:29:54 AM »
So I think we've thoroughly established that religion has been rife with violence over the centuries..

And now back to the op.. ?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 11:50:43 AM »
Well of course. The judaic christian god has always been a pretty bizarre and meanspirited figure to worship. This was not my point. Nor was it whether eligion overall does more harm than good.
 My point was that most of those who are christian believe in the sanctity of human life or profess to. Therefore it is impossible to see this war as justified. But the media focus has been very much on the idea that ALL american christians are pro the war. Turns out some, in this case benedictines are not. More who feel the same should stand up and help to refute this ridiculous god loves America rhetoric
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 12:07:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
My point was that most of those who are christian believe in the sanctity of human life or profess to. Therefore it is impossible to see this war as justified. But the media focus has been very much on the idea that ALL american christians are pro the war. Turns out some, in this case benedictines are not. More who feel the same should stand up and help to refute this ridiculous god loves America rhetoric

Fuck the media and all those who are so easily led. DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!  :evil:  :flame:  :rofl: :skull: