Author Topic: Can we clarify something  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can we clarify something
« on: May 08, 2007, 11:35:19 AM »
I think most survivors will tell you we had to lie about doing drugs just to get off first phase. Many of created long false drug list to get brownie points from staff.
Most of us had either not done them or had done them on an occassional basis. I know that was the case for many of us in the early buildings.
In all my time there, I only met maybe three that would come close to be diagnosed as a "drug addict".

So you parents, Miller Newton , Mel Sembler need to stop refering to us as such.
We were not.

I will say that most will also admit to having done FAR more drugs after leaving then we ever thought about doing before going in.

I resent the title "druggie" . I had smoked pot a handful of times prior to entering the program and as I said I know that was also true for many others in the earlier buildings.

It is simply a LIE that we were Drug Addicts. If you look at the DSMV you will find that 99 percent of us DIDNT COME CLOSE TO fitting the criteria for that diagnosis.

SO STOP CALLING US DRUGGIES ITS SLANDER AND I AM TIRED OF IT. SLANDER HAS CONSEQUENCES. IF YOU DO IT NOW THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS DOESN'T APPLY RIGHT SURVIVORS?
You only do it to destory our credibility in the eyes of the public just one more lie.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Can we clarify something
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 11:38:26 AM »
Druggie says what? ::bwahaha::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Can we clarify something
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:57:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I think most survivors will tell you we had to lie about doing drugs just to get off first phase. Many of created long false drug list to get brownie points from staff.
Most of us had either not done them or had done them on an occassional basis. I know that was the case for many of us in the early buildings.
In all my time there, I only met maybe three that would come close to be diagnosed as a "drug addict".

So you parents, Miller Newton , Mel Sembler need to stop refering to us as such.
We were not.

I will say that most will also admit to having done FAR more drugs after leaving then we ever thought about doing before going in.

I resent the title "druggie" . I had smoked pot a handful of times prior to entering the program and as I said I know that was also true for many others in the earlier buildings.

It is simply a LIE that we were Drug Addicts. If you look at the DSMV you will find that 99 percent of us DIDNT COME CLOSE TO fitting the criteria for that diagnosis.

SO STOP CALLING US DRUGGIES ITS SLANDER AND I AM TIRED OF IT. SLANDER HAS CONSEQUENCES. IF YOU DO IT NOW THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS DOESN'T APPLY RIGHT SURVIVORS?
You only do it to destory our credibility in the eyes of the public just one more lie.

I don't know who you are or how old you are but I have to wonder who is still now..calling you a druggie.

It's been 25 plus years since I was in straight and to be " honest" no one has called me a druggie since my days in the program.

Not trying to make light if you are still struggling but this seems a bit strange to me. If you were in straight in the early buildings then you must be...what..in your late 30's mid 40's by now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can we clarify something
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:02 PM »
What I meant is; everytime you see Miller Newton or Betty Sembler talk about survivors publically you often hear them refer to kids in the program at THAT TIME as druggies, or ones with drug problems or disgruntled druggies.

It is when they do public interviews or make public statements or accusations about WHY we were in the program that sort of thing. It gets old and is incorrect in I think 99 percent of the cases.
This is especially true with Betty Sembler, you can find her often refering to "kids in the program" as those with drug problems or druggies.
They fail to mention that virtually none of us were, and they fail to mention that even if some were they had no qualified counselors on staff.
Thats what I meant. The truth should be told about how and why we were there and it was NOT because we were druggies.

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
Can we clarify something
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »
They fail to mention that virtually none of us were, and they fail to mention that even if some were they had no qualified counselors on staff.
Thats what I meant. The truth should be told about how and why we were there and it was NOT because we were druggies.

I totally agree with you.

I don't recall but a handful of kids that needed some kind of drug treatment.  The rest of us, well...we were all brainwashed pawns in someone's sick game.

Regardless, NO ONE needed Straight, Inc.  It simply should have never, ever existed.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
Can we clarify something
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 03:47:52 AM »
The crime was the adult executive staff KNEW that we weren't addicts.Having the founder of another program tell me that just to have her and her husband found another program afterwards just boggles the mind.How much is the dollar worth?I just hope that they can sleep at night subjecting kids to MK-Ultra style behavior modification therapy that for the most part has no place in any family's life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Can we clarify something
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 07:31:12 AM »
I had smoked pot  handfuls at a time prior to entering the program and as I said I know that was also true for many others in the earlier buildings.
Although marijuana is not addictive like cocaine or herion,smoking handfuls of it at a time is a bit greedy,dont you think.
Dont bogart that joint my friend!

Build a thousand bridges,they wont call you a "bridge builder',but suck just ONE dick...