Author Topic: Looking for Ex-Staff Testimony  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Looking for Ex-Staff Testimony
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »
The reason TSW did so many restraints was because parents were paying him A LOT OF MONEY to do this to their kid!!

If the parents never paid TSW to restrain their kids, it would not have happened.

TSW is an innocent young college graduate who got into an industry he knew nothing about. He was abused himself in the industry.

TheWho knows full well the extent of abuse in this industry, and STILL advocates children be placed in it!

That is the difference.

TSW is a victim. TheWHO is a perpetrator!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 11:19:31 AM »
He's been perpetratin' here for a while...  Have a look-see at his latest.  Why would he try to change the focus off himself I wonder?   :lol:

Quote from: ""Guest""
Thank you, TheWho, for giving us a window into your dementia from time to time.  This is a gem:

This is NOT FUNNY, TheWho!  What is WRONG with you?

Here's another Sleazy Response from TheWho about a sexual abuse victim:

Quote from: ""TheWho""

Ha, Ha, Ha.............  Sometimes this is too funny!  You people will say anything to get attention or to manipulate... Ha, Ha, Ha...  Well, you know, sometimes a kid getting anally gang-raped is the best way to deal with immaturity!  You have to grow up some time.......Ha, Ha, Ha

This guy is SICK!
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »
Does TSW claim he was "an innocent victim of the industry?"
TSW appears to post honestly that he was wrong to have abused these children who were under his care in these programs.
His postings have never offered up the "excuse" that the program he worked for "abused him and ordered him to restrain these kids over 300 times."  TSW posted that he didn't even report most of these restraints.
TSW admits that he didn't quit work at this program, he was actually FIRED.
But no one can make/order a grown, college-educated man to abuse a child.
Does this make TSW a horrible person?  No it does not.
TSW has been honest in his postings; and nowhere does he seem to offer that he was a "victiim" or that he was "following orders" to excessively restrain these kids.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 04:50:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
You might try getting a user account. I know I didn't mind filling out the form as it doesn't ask me anything I haven't said before. Most ex-staff I know probably wouldn't bother filling it out due to not knowing who you are.

Rightfully so.. they face a ration of shit and more should it turn out you aren't who you say you are.

Personally I don't give a shit myself, but again I didn't say anything I already haven't before.

You get mad props for being honest and helping put the smackdown on what you know first-hand is a fucked-up system.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 06:43:55 PM »
I agree, mad props.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 06:48:40 PM »
TSW appears to post honestly that he was wrong to have abused these children who were under his care in these programs.
His postings have never offered up the "excuse" that the program he worked for "abused him and ordered him to restrain these kids over 300 times."  TSW posted that he didn't even report most of these restraints.
TSW has been honest in his postings; and nowhere does he seem to offer that he was a "victiim" or that he was "following orders" to excessively restrain these kids.

You really need to shut the fuck up right now. TSW has done more for helping kids stuck in hell-holes than you have ever done. Without staff coming forward we would never be able to confirm the tales from the kids since they are not believable. We need more staff coming forward!!!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 07:48:17 PM »
I agree, mad props.

ditto
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »

You really need to shut the fuck up right now. TSW has done more for helping kids stuck in hell-holes than you have ever done. Without staff coming forward we would never be able to confirm the tales from the kids since they are not believable. We need more staff coming forward!!!

It isn't easy saying you did something pretty much unspeakable... but in this case, by simply saying it, so so much good is done.

I don't think many staff realize how much good they could do, how many people they could help, if more of them were willing to speak out.

TSW does not say he was a victim of the industry.  He is more sensitive than that.  I think he was a victim, but if I was in his position...  I can't really imagine the guilt.  He wanted to help people, and ended up unwittingly hurting them.  It's not easy to forgive yourself.  It's easy to understand how you fucked up, it's not easy to excuse it and say "not my fault".  There is a big difference.  I can't really emphasize enough how grateful I am to him, and how much I admire his courage and willingness to, at his own risk, apologize and make amends to those he hurt (in as much as could be done).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:56:44 PM by Guest »
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 07:54:33 PM »
I agree- I wish he would go into more detail, even though its hard, to give parents an idea of what goes on in these places. Something like confessions of a former counselor/..
that would scare the hell out of me if I was a parent considering sending my teen.. even if it were anonymous more staff need to speak out and corroborate what survivors have been saying for decades now...

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 08:01:28 PM »
I agree- I wish he would go into more detail, even though its hard, to give parents an idea of what goes on in these places. Something like confessions of a former counselor/..
that would scare the hell out of me if I was a parent considering sending my teen.. even if it were anonymous more staff need to speak out and corroborate what survivors have been saying for decades now...

I've been contemplating dialing up ex-staff from Benchmark...  The average length of stay was about a year.  Most burnt out, relapsed, etc etc...  They couldn't take the stress.

I wish TSW, or another former staffer, would write something from their perspective, describing exactly what was wrong with what went on (since it's not always easy to put your finger on it), the effects it had on others, and how it feels to come out and speak about it, thereby helping others.

If that post could then be forwarded towards former staff, either at benchmark, or other places, and could move hearts...  who knows...

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »
average length of stay at my particular three springs facility....3 months... 6 months if you got guilted into staying longer than 3 months.  1 year if you got sucked into the whole "the program/job gets better as you go along with it."

Brainwashing happens.

Desensitization happens.

Ex staff suffer from post traumatic stress.  Things were done that i dont agree with, but went along with because it was "the program".  It was the way things were supposed to be done.  I dont deny that i got sucked into a black hole of a program.  I was a "n00b college grad" who "looked to change the world".  I had warnings from people at my college (administrators and teachers) who told me to avoid Three Springs.  I didnt listen because i thought i could make a difference.  I started May 28, 2004 ---  I quit September 10, 2004 after having a nervous breakdown in my apartment prior to going on shift "by myself"   I worked 106 days...15 weeks,.... 3 months and 3 weeks... and it drained me.  IT sucked the life out of me.

What happened at my facility should never ever happen to a person... child, teen, or adult.  It was cruel and enslaving.  We worked from 5:45 am until 11-12 midnight.... with no breaks.  Calls for help went unheeded by administration and supervisors.   I have long periods during that time that i have blocked out due to the excessive stress.

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »
1. What program(s) did you work for?

Three Springs,  Morningstar Academy

2. What type of program was it?

Girls Therapeutic outdoor program, Mentally handicapped childrens therapeutic home.

3. How long did you work for each respective program?

3 months and 3 weeks... and approximately 1 month 2 weeks

4. How much were you payed?

21,000 a year -- there was a raise but i forget that figure it was something like 23,700 a year....2,700 raise.

Morningstar-- 10.00 an hour

****Job Description****
Three springs - Counselor I
Morningstar - Paraprofessional (school)

5. Did you ever witness physical abuse?

if restraints were considered physical abuse, then yes.  If "vocational" time (forced yard work) was considered physical abuse then yes

6. Did you ever physically abuse a student?

IF either of those were true, yes

7. Did you ever witness psychological abuse?

at times there were things that could be considered psych abuse

8. Did you ever psychologically abuse a student?

manipulating the student into doing what was required of them by the program- - yes.

9. Were there ever reports of sexual abuse at the facility?

Three Springs - Some.. but not many
Morningstar - yes--- staff on student, and student on student.

10. Did any of the staff use drugs or alcohol while on duty?

Not to my knowledge

11. Were kids ever left unattended that should not have been?

Not to my knowledge, though both facilities had their moments.

12. Were meals limited?

Diets were monitored by the state, but the meals were sub par (alot of hamburger helper and tuna helper, alot of chef boyardee, alot of crappy pre-made stuff, snacks were junk food because of the calories, not the nutritional content.)

13. Did you help implement a level system or peer review system?

Yes, there was one in place when i got there... The students earned points to advance in levels.

14. Was isolation used as punishment?

Three Springs- it wasnt called isolation, it was group ignore.  The student would still stick with the group but not allowed interaction.  In some cases, the student would be required to cook own meals outside of the group.

Morningstar- there was an isolation room that we could lock from the outside.  we mostly used this room for extensive restraints... the room was the size of a large walk in closet.  It had a light to be controlled from the outside and a deadbolt on the door.  When i got there, we were only supposed to use the room in extreme cases.  Children would urinate on the floors to get out of the isolation room.  some children would smear poop everywhere.  Bathrooms were kept locked and had to be opened with a key.

15. Was contact for the student with society limited? In what ways?

Yes for both facilities.  Rarely or no contact allowed.

16. Did the kids seem happy or sad? What was the day to day mood like?

Three Springs: kids hated it.
Morningstar: kids didnt know any better, they were mentally retarded.

17. Do you feel your place of employment was the best place for the students in your care?

In some cases yes, in others no.

18. Do you keep in contact with students still?

1 student from 3 springs. yes. and i;ve had contact with a couple others as well.

19. How common was physical assaults and fighting?

Three springs - every day
Morningstar - every day

20. Did you ever have to restrain a student, if so, how many times?

Three Springs - like 4-5 times in 3 months (they discouraged restraints)  most of my incident reports were from physical altercations.

Morningstar - Every day 3-5 times a day with different students.

21. Were you properly trained to do restraints? Were they ever excessive?

Yes i was properly trained by their system.  and yes i believe some restraints were excessive...

22. Do you regret working for a program?

EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 12:08:50 AM »
The reason TSW did so many restraints was because parents were paying him A LOT OF MONEY to do this to their kid!!

If the parents never paid TSW to restrain their kids, it would not have happened.

TSW is an innocent young college graduate who got into an industry he knew nothing about. He was abused himself in the industry.

TheWho knows full well the extent of abuse in this industry, and STILL advocates children be placed in it!

That is the difference.

TSW is a victim. TheWHO is a perpetrator!

I wouldn't classify myself as a victim. Either way I'm still waiting on that lot of money I was supposed to have been paid. Most of time I lived under the poverty level after all my taxes were taken out.

Let me guess.. Check is in the mail?
am the metal pig.

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 06:28:39 AM »
parents never paid "us"  as staff.. they paid the program.. the program money went to line the pockets of the CEO etc...