Author Topic: any staff from 2000 to 2006 here?  (Read 6159 times)

Offline along comes mary

• View Profile
any staff from 2000 to 2006 here?
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:08:21 AM »
If there are any former/current staff members here that were around in 1999 or 2000 I'd really appreciate it if you would PM me!!!

I'd like to get in touch with Hawley Stevens if possible to see how he is and also to thank him because he was a great teacher (I schooled my fiance on Xerxes when we saw 300.. all because of Hawley (':nworthy:')

I'm also looking for information on another staff member... well, former staff member I assume, who worked at HLA in 2000 and eventually transferred to Ridge Creek at some point. I'm pretty sure he was there   until sometime last year, so if you were there later than 2000, you probably knew him, or OF him, anyway.

ANY information would be conducive at this point, and I'd be grateful for whatever assistance I can get.
If you can help at all PLEASE PM me!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
And then along comes Mary
And does she want to set them free, and let them see reality
From where she got her name
And will they struggle much, when told that such a tender touch of hers
Will make them not the same

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 03:57:13 AM »
Hawley's still listed as staff. Won't HLA give you his contact info? Or has he left, but his name hasn't yet been removed?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 10:03:56 AM »
You can reach Hawley thru North Georgia State College...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 04:50:32 PM »
i have his home number, but he never picks up and never calls back.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
Let's not post that on here.

Offline along comes mary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 04:45:02 PM »

I was pulled before graduation, and apparently HLA doesn't care  much for that, so I was told I had "lost student privileges"  ( attending friends graduations, reunions, writing current students, and the like.)

I haven't bothered trying to get contact info from them.

Even though I didn't leave under hostile circumstances, my peergroup was told they couldn't keep in touch with me because I was a "negative."

They did anyway though, so thats how I know that my leaving was spun into a big dramatic issue with my parents being labeled as codependents and I was, of course, the master manipulator who "brainwashed" them into pulling me.  

:roll: Yes, you heard here first folks, it was NOT HLA, but ME manipulating and brainwashing my parents all along! bwahahaha...

So... I'm pretty much disinclined to hope for any help from HLA, and think I'll save myself some time, patronization, and cold-shouldering by not putting myself in that position and, instead, going around the  machine and it's bureaucracy by dealing with people who worked there, have no agenda to push on me, and (hopefully!!) are willing to help me out.

It's basically an unwritten but well known policy that  non-grads are treated as if they never existed. I saw them cut out of group photos by staff, and once someone "escaped" it was kind of taboo to discuss it, so I'm under no delusions as to how I can expect be treated if I I call requesting their assistance.

Although, ironically, perhaps due to some oversight, my parents STILL get the school newsletter and have even been contacted as potential donors!!!!!??
But NO they didn't give a red cent to them or their construction of some giant chapel (or whatever it was), which was probably a good  move on their part, considering that from what I've gleaned, it turned out to be a a giant INVISIBLE chapel... and my parents are both very visually oriented...

"i have his home number, but he never picks up and never calls back."

Either one of you have his email address?
(Although it wouldn't surprise me if Hawley didn't have one!)

And again, please let me know through a PM!

Thanks!
And then along comes Mary
And does she want to set them free, and let them see reality
From where she got her name
And will they struggle much, when told that such a tender touch of hers
Will make them not the same

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 10:10:26 AM »
There is a William H Stevens in the history department. Maybe William Hawley Stevens?? It should be there under directory.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
staff 2003
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 02:18:16 PM »
i worked there in 2003(female rec/restrictions staff) and we are not supposed to have contact with any student former/present ever again. I've found lots of former students on Facebook and I enjoy seeing how y'all have grown up and gone on to succeed. It's sad that we can't even contact the school(to access staff) or we'll be ignored or arrested(yes, I said arrested.)

Good luck searching for your former staff.

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 02:36:19 PM »
What I remember about the rule was that you couldn't jeopordize our anonimity. As in, you couldn't greet us in public because we might be associated to the school, or contact us in any way which mght comprimise us. At least thats what they told us the whole time we were there. I went to the school 2002-2004, PG 54.

You should get a user name so people can PM you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: staff 2003
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »
Quote from: ""extstaff""
i worked there in 2003(female rec/restrictions staff) and we are not supposed to have contact with any student former/present ever again. I've found lots of former students on Facebook and I enjoy seeing how y'all have grown up and gone on to succeed. It's sad that we can't even contact the school(to access staff) or we'll be ignored or arrested(yes, I said arrested.)

ARRESTED??? What for????

Offline ExStaff2003

• View Profile
former staff
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 02:43:08 PM »
i was exstaff now i registered

arrested for trespassing????it was crazy really

ive had former students seek me out but i wait for them...don't think HLA has any legal leg to stand on but ya never know with them

so we were told never to communicate with HLA students again sad really

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »
When were you there/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »
I worked there in 2003(female rec/restrictions staff) and we are not supposed to have contact with any student former/present ever again. I've found lots of former students on Facebook and I enjoy seeing how y'all have grown up and gone on to succeed. It's sad that we can't even contact the school(to access staff) or we'll be ignored or arrested(yes, I said arrested.)

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.  You obviously don't know what your talking about.  Exactly whom might you be?  Whom did you work with, ect.  And please give me an example of when you tried to "access staff" and where did you get this arrested stuff.  First off, how long did you work and when or how did you come about leaving HLA?  That might explain the "arrested" theory!!!  Did you get fired for doing something stupid like innappropriate boundries with "students"?  If so, that would explain it, otherwise it's a free country, once you leave you can talk to whom ever you want just not through the school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 04:25:56 PM »
There were only three female restrictions staff at that time.  What are you initials.  (if your telling the truth that is).  ???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 04:30:51 PM »
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. You obviously don't know what your talking about. Exactly whom might you be? Whom did you work with, ect. And please give me an example of when you tried to "access staff" and where did you get this arrested stuff. First off, how long did you work and when or how did you come about leaving HLA? That might explain the "arrested" theory!!! Did you get fired for doing something stupid like innappropriate boundries with "students"? If so, that would explain it, otherwise it's a free country, once you leave you can talk to whom ever you want just not through the school.

We've all heard of former staff members who were threatened with lawsuits if they "talked"... it's not that outrageous or unbelievable given the other staff members' experiences.