Author Topic: Okay Dr. Fornits, please prescribe appropriate help  (Read 6225 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Okay Dr. Fornits, please prescribe appropriate help
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »
Another thought, along the soup kitchen lines.  Many times there are walkathons, marathons, or races for some needy cause (hunger, AIDS, certain diseases, etc.).  Sometimes the physical requirements for completing such a course are extensive, sometimes not.  But even in the former case, volunteers are needed to staff the refreshment stations along the way.  You two wouldn't be alone there, presumably.  Often there are like 3-4 people per station (depends on the event, of course).  That too, will take off some of the pressure and allow you two to interact as part of a small group, while still allow you to be doing something together, and for a worthy cause.

Just remember, however bad it gets, "this too, shall pass...!"   :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Pain

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 01:52:59 PM »
Thanks again for the helpful suggestions.  Covergaard, Denmark sounds like it is miles ahead of the U.S. in treatment methods.  Not surprising.

I don't know how to convince myself that this too shall pass.  She's being so stupid I'm not convinced she won't accidentally kill herself before this "phase" might pass.  Early this week she was hit by a car while drunk.  She only has minor abrasions, but my god, it could have been so much worse.  Last night I was called by the community Teen Center to pick her up, she'd been found passed out in a bathroom stall.  It was either me or the police to come get her.  I'm thinking it may have been more "educational" to have the police come for her.  Even her "friends" seem to think she's getting a little out there, she parties to excess even by their standards.  Two hours later she's insisting that her boyfriend spend the night, incredulous.

I like the foreign exchange student suggestion, though I worry that her emotional problems would be exacerbated.  Currently she's refusing to consider it because *I* suggested it.  

We could really use a nice Aunt Sally in Bumfuck, Iowa for her to go live with right about now.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 06:12:46 PM »
No you couldn't...she needs you, she feels crap enough about herself without being sent off to live elsewhere because she's too much of a problem

Please don't take offence at this post but really, work together, sending her away will just make her feel more uloved than she does now, she's partying hard because she gets attention that way, be it good or bad, it's attention ...

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »
Im glad you brought that up exhausted.

Its sad far too many people forget how much being abandoned sucks for the kid.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."