Author Topic: 30 Days and Counting Down!  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
30 Days and Counting Down!
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:20:17 PM »
Let's see what happens!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:42:45 AM »
You know Buccellato sent an email out to current families at HLA yesterday 04-26-2007 to say that HLA will not be closing and that they are not under staffed. What a CROCK!! Do any current parents of children at HLA really fall for these brain wash attempts? If they do, they are going to have to find out the hard way.
ET ER DONE

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:44:59 AM »
Hey Guest, would you like to see a copy of that email from Buccellato? If so PM me and give me an e-mail address or fax# for you and I will send you a copy. I am a former parent of a child at HLA but a current parent that I know sent me a copy yesterday.
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:33:05 AM »
Hmmm... well that's interesting considering there are rumors flying around that Bucci is preparing to file bankruptcy and the bank is getting ready to foreclose on HLA.

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 09:51:58 AM »
I know there are rumors about filing bankruptcy flying around! I guess this is his last attempt to try and make parents believe everything is fine so they will not pull all of their kids out of there soon!
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »
>>> "Kathleen Heasley" 4/25/2007 9:41 AM >>>

Dear Parents,

We expect to hear the Judge's ruling very soon on the certification for class action.  It goes without saying this has been a very difficult and devastating time for the school.  We have been assured over and over from our referral base when this is finally resolved, we should fully expect HLA will resume very quickly to normal student occupancy. We are not making plans to close the school.

Much speculation, mostly instituted by students, who hoped and fully expected they would be withdrawn, and a couple of misinformed individuals perpetrated the idea, and continue today to speculate without any benefit of a knowledgeable base-in-fact, that there is a lack of adequate staff.  

We are not short staffed as a few would like you to believe.  We have thirteen qualified counselors; that is a ratio of 7.1 students for each counselor.  Similarly, two years ago we had 16 teachers with 150-160 students...today we still have 16 teachers...that is a  6:1 student to teacher ratio.

Yes, we have lost staff, as we do every year.  This is not in the least bit abnormal in a rural setting such as we are in.   Young single staff in particular, become dissatisfied with the amount of social and living amenities offered within the area and make the decision to leave in favor of a city or urban area.  Some of our staff come to us through the local military community, which are subject to duty transfers more now than ever and leave.  Also, it was far more proficient and sound judgment, both in cost and in the level of quality to hire outside professional companies for cleaning and night security, necessitating lay-offs of those staff which accounted for a considerable amount of employees.  Again, we are not short staffed.  In fact we have more personnel than students.

Our sport's program is growing as always.  Student's who have never participated in sports before are excelling in our sport's program.  74% of our students participate in a team sport.  Off-campus activities are continuing, with our student council taking an active role in planning the events.  In no way have on or off  campus activities been diminished.

Summer is historically a difficult time for parents.  With family vacations and general summer activities children are sorely missed.  It is understandable that parents would like to have their child home early, therefore, they ask us to make academic exceptions.  Doing so could  seriously jeopardize our accreditation.   We cannot give grades a student has not earned.

Hidden Lake has always maintained the highest of standards...that has not changed.  It is school as usual.  We are proud of how we have maintained those standards despite the ordeal we have been forced to go through.  

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support throughout these past eight months.

Sincerely,

Leonard Buccellato, Ph.D.

Offline FunkyChild

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 12:10:14 PM »
bullshit, they used to have hawks and falcons game trips all the time, then they started slashing trips in half around mid-2005. remember the corn maze and hay ride trip they offered? i nearly shit my pants laughing, but by that point they were accepting 13 year olds, so that made sense.
ithout art, the crudeness of the world\'s realities would make everyday life unbearable

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 10:05:05 PM »
Justice delayed is justice denied.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 01:03:32 PM »
Quote from: ""FunkyChild""
bullshit, they used to have hawks and falcons game trips all the time, then they started slashing trips in half around mid-2005. remember the corn maze and hay ride trip they offered? i nearly shit my pants laughing, but by that point they were accepting 13 year olds, so that made sense.

The Instructions to staff were , trips that were FREE,or cost Very little, DO NOT SPEND MONEY On trips that was stupid.

Jim Sir , struggled to get this accomplished

Offline you_know

• View Profile
TRIPS
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 06:23:42 AM »
yeah, they USED to have good trips...especially during break week...but then for a while...nothing...now it is just lame stuff...really provides incentive for kids to get off or stay off restrictions to be "trip elegible"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 01:15:05 AM »
Not to derail this topic, but damn...Jim Sir was completely insane. I remember cracking up every time he would walk around in his short-shorts flailing his arms around as if he was conducting an orchestra. He yelled at me a few times during announcements :oops:

Even during the end of my stay in PG 68 (summer 04) they were definately cutting back on the trips. My entire time I went to 1 movie and some ridiculous hay ride.

Back on topic: 2 days until graduation.