Author Topic: ASR's Violations of Massachusetts Education Law  (Read 18201 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
ASR's Violations of Massachusetts Education Law
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2007, 02:39:02 PM »
Thanks, anonWho.  Coming from you, it really means something...NOT.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2007, 04:39:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Thanks, anonWho.  Coming from you, it really means something....

Thanks, guest, there are many people who misinterpret the meaning of the assessment list even outside of the “Struggling teen industry”.  We have a consulting firm which specializes in companies who are on the verge of bankruptcy and we put out a list of warning signs.  These signs don’t necessarily mean your company is going bankrupt but could be an indication you are heading down the wrong path.  They may or may not be a candidate for our services and further analysis would be needed to determine this.

For example ASR lists “Emotional and behavioral disturbances” as one of a possible criteria for being accepted at ASR.  This covers a wide range of problems (in and of itself)… on one end of the spectrum the child may be violent and has attacked people with knives.  This type of child would not fit in at ASR.  On the other end of the spectrum the child may have very mild emotional issues which wouldn’t constitute placement outside of the home and ASR may recommend starting with local services or embracing the services of a therapist.

I think a good way to approach these types of list is to view them as a first pass.  If the behavior fits your child it is worth looking into further, maybe seeking professional advice.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »
Curious then why they didn't recommend you go to family therapy with your daughter before sending her to ASR for truancy.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2007, 05:04:05 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Curious then why they didn't recommend you go to family therapy with your daughter before sending her to ASR for truancy.

Good question.  We initially spoke with the admissions person and they recommended we have her evaluated prior to making any decisions on placement.  The evaluation was performed by an independent therapist and he spoke with ASR and my daughter’s therapist.  There was no need or requirement (on their end) for us to enter into family counseling prior to enrollment.  The issue with my daughter wasn’t just truancy; there was more going on in her life.

So I think what each parent needs to keep in mind is that each case is evaluated differently depending on the individual problems the child and/or family is going through.  In some cases they may recommend the family enter into counseling and see how that works for a short period of time and then revisit out placement.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »
There was no need or requirement (on their end) for us to enter into family counseling prior to enrollment.

Would your daughter agree with that assesment? Also I'd like to finish up with that matter we were discussing in PM's.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2007, 05:56:57 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
There was no need or requirement (on their end) for us to enter into family counseling prior to enrollment.

Would your daughter agree with that assesment? Also I'd like to finish up with that matter we were discussing in PM's.

She wasnt agreeable at the time about much at all.  But in hindsight I am sure she agrees with the process.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2007, 06:06:12 PM »
Do you feel it might have helped her transition had her parents actually gone through therapy themselves?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2007, 06:17:18 PM »
Do you feel it might have helped her transition had her parents actually gone through therapy themselves?

The transition, no.  In hindsight, sure we could have done things differently which might have helped.  But I dont think it would have resolved a whole lot......

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2007, 12:03:14 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Right so which is more important, skiing and rafting or safety and licensed teachers?

Very good Question:
1.    If you had a child that was suffering with social issues and may benefit from being with other kids then a choice of white water rafting or cross-country skiing (depending on the season) would probably be more important.  The academics would be secondary.

2.   If you had a child that would benefit mostly from a safe environment then this would be most important for that child with the academics and social activities further down on the list.

3.   If a child had no issues that required therapy and was a self starter then I would recommend a regular private boarding school and ASR probably wouldn’t be a good fit for him/her.

So I think it is fair to say each case is different depending on the child, there is no correct answer that applies to everyone.

So, some kids need to be safe... Can we extrapolate this statement to understand that you are also implying that some kids don't need to be safe or even specifically need to be in an unsafe environment?

Underlying this post you seem to be not just condoning abusive situations, but even advocating for "unsafe" environments.

I believe most sane parents would have responded that in all cases safety is a hell of a lot more important than skiing or whitewater rafting.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Rachael""
Right so which is more important, skiing and rafting or safety and licensed teachers?

Very good Question:
1.    If you had a child that was suffering with social issues and may benefit from being with other kids then a choice of white water rafting or cross-country skiing (depending on the season) would probably be more important.  The academics would be secondary.

2.   If you had a child that would benefit mostly from a safe environment then this would be most important for that child with the academics and social activities further down on the list.

3.   If a child had no issues that required therapy and was a self starter then I would recommend a regular private boarding school and ASR probably wouldn’t be a good fit for him/her.

So I think it is fair to say each case is different depending on the child, there is no correct answer that applies to everyone.

So, some kids need to be safe... Can we extrapolate this statement to understand that you are also implying that some kids don't need to be safe or even specifically need to be in an unsafe environment?

Underlying this post you seem to be not just condoning abusive situations, but even advocating for "unsafe" environments.

I believe most sane parents would have responded that in all cases safety is a hell of a lot more important than skiing or whitewater rafting.

I see what you are saying.  What I was trying to indicate is that in some cases the child is in an unsafe environment and not going to school so the primary importance would be to get the child to a safe place and secondary would be academics.  But you are right, all parents would want to have their child in a safe place regardless.  My intent was not to condone placement of a child in an unsafe place.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2007, 08:01:34 PM »
Are all ASR parents like this guy, or is he just special?

Here's another Sleazy Response from TheWho about a sexual abuse victim:

Ha, Ha, Ha.............  Sometimes this is too funny!  You people will say anything to get attention or to manipulate... Ha, Ha, Ha...  Well, you know, sometimes a kid getting anally gang-raped is the best way to deal with immaturity!  You have to grow up some time.......Ha, Ha, Ha

This guy is SICK!

Nasty.  Who, do you have a bloody clown suit in your closet?  You're a sick bastard.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »
TheWho is also responsible for 911, that S.O.B. He should be banned.  We dont need opinions about kids doing well in programs.  We all know they are all brain washed.  I get so pissed when I hear that some children are successful.  That friggin "Who" lies so much.  He is ruining it for everyone that believes all programs are evil and abusive.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2007, 10:01:05 PM »
Jimmy, did you graduate from a program?  I believe you did 2 years of highschool and I did 1 year so between the two of us we make a highschool graduate right?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
Bob, that only 3 years.  whats your point?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2007, 10:05:04 PM »
Jimmy, between the 2 of us we are smarter than most people.  We didnt need to graduate from any dam program or school.