Author Topic: Does "God" really give a fuck?  (Read 5931 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Does "God" really give a fuck?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 12:56:27 PM »
///Also the idea that you can be a total bastard all through out your life then repent on your death bed and go to heaven seems laughable and reflects a god who is arrogant and egotistical.///

Really? How so? Seems to me this reflects a God who very much wants all in Heaven who want to be there. A God willing to take this man's many transgressions upon Himself, so the man can be allowed into Heaven, without guilt or stain; forgiven and healed. Would you rather have had Jesus say to the thief who asked to be remembered, that it was just to damned late, and he was damned; instead of what He promised, that he would be with Him in Paradise that very day?

As for dogs, one can learn a lot about the virtues of faithfulness, loyalty, bravery, self sacrifice, tenacity, humor and  whit, by observing a good dog live its life. But its worth remembering that one dog will attack another over a bone, or a place to pee; and that a dog pack will almost certainly attack and kill any weak loaner it runs across for the fun of it.  They are dogs and don't know this is in any way objectionable behavior.

We, being human, know better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
BuzzKill: "Religion is the opium of the masses" -Karl Marx

"Opiates are the Mass of my Religion"---RTP2k3

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 03:40:20 PM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""

Really? How so? Seems to me this reflects a God who very much wants all in Heaven who want to be there. A God willing to take this man's many transgressions upon Himself, so the man can be allowed into Heaven, without guilt or stain; forgiven and healed. Would you rather have had Jesus say to the thief who asked to be remembered, that it was just to damned late, and he was damned; instead of what He promised, that he would be with Him in Paradise that very day?

It would depend i suppose on what someone had done. A truly evil person. i thini this is why people have invented the concept of hell. it actually brings comfort if you think in judaic christian terms to think that truly horrid people have some kind of divine retribution and lets face it one of the reasons why people invented religious faith was to bring comfort,
The reason why i think the idea reflects an arrogant deity is because it makes no compassionate sense to send someone to hell for being a non believer. Particularly if this person is a non believer because they have never heard of you. it seems to be more reflective of a certain childish need for validation.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 04:55:52 PM »
No, God does not give a .....   If he did, he wouldn't allow so many good people to suffer (and I'm not talking about illness or natural disasters), I'm talking horrible injustices.  

I also think Jesus Freaks who think they are saved also excuse it when they turn a blind eye or commit wrongdoing. They think taking Jesus in their hearts expiates all their sins and thus, have no impetus to atone (in a practical way) or do good. I see this ALL the time!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 04:56:45 PM »
No, God does not give a .....   If he did, he wouldn't allow so many good people to suffer (and I'm not talking about illness or natural disasters), I'm talking horrible injustices.  

I also think Jesus Freaks who think they are saved also excuse it when they turn a blind eye or commit wrongdoing. They think taking Jesus in their hearts expiates all their sins and thus, have no impetus to atone (in a practical way) or do good. I see this ALL the time!

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:18 PM »
There is some reason in scripture to believe that those who have never heard of God, or heard the message of salvation, are not judged guilty. See John chapter 9 verse 41. Its those who have heard the message and still turned away that are at risk of judgment. At greatest risk, are those who claim to be servants of God, while they continue to do evil to others.  Matthew 23 verse 14.  Actually, the entire chapter is pretty interesting. Guest, you especially might find it  gratifying.

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »
It's nice to see someone quoting the bible on here for a change.
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 06:32:36 PM »
Is God so egocentric that he would strike down those who don't believe him because the book is full of fallacies/contradictions/ and his follwers as well?

If you are a good person of integrity, who strives to live generously, compassionately, and honestly, and God sends you packing for not worshipping him, then I don't really think he is a God worth serving. I try my damnest to serve GOOD. When I think of the most ethical people I know, atheists and agnostics come to mind.  They don't act upright because of external guidelines--they are INTERNALLY driven to do the right thing.  

And it's not about petty bullshit  like keeping your panties on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »
Sorry, I've made up my mind to kill him despite the posts on this thread. I do appreciate the input though. It's just that this is too good to pass up; I really, really hate this fucker and I want him dead! So now it's just a matter of a chainsaw and some garbage bags.. I can't wait! ::hehehmm::  :flame: :skull:

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Born to Kill (the OP)""
Sorry, I've made up my mind to kill him despite the posts on this thread. I do appreciate the input though. It's just that this is too good to pass up; I really, really hate this fucker and I want him dead! So now it's just a matter of a chainsaw and some garbage bags.. I can't wait! ::hehehmm::  :flame: :skull:

Ah well, maybe you'll fall and break your leg on the way to the hardware store.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 07:05:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Is God so egocentric that he would strike down those who don't believe him because the book is full of fallacies/contradictions/ and his follwers as well?

If you are a good person of integrity, who strives to live generously, compassionately, and honestly, and God sends you packing for not worshipping him, then I don't really think he is a God worth serving. I try my damnest to serve GOOD. When I think of the most ethical people I know, atheists and agnostics come to mind.  They don't act upright because of external guidelines--they are INTERNALLY driven to do the right thing.  

And it's not about petty bullshit  like keeping your panties on.

Well the thing is, If there is a God (and I believe there is) then He is God. He does not answer to you, because He is God. What He says is right, is right, because He is God. What He says is evil is evil - again, because He is God.  

If there is a God (and I believe there is abundant evidence that there is ) then He is the Almighty Creator, and so,  what He says is , is.

He went to a good deal of trouble to introduce Himself to fallen man; to make His will known so we could live lives according to His divine plan. It seems wisest to me to try to live according to this plan. I understand many disagree - and He has given you that choice.

To lighten thing up a bit :

Letters to God written by children

Dear God, Did you mean the giraffe to look like that or was it a mistake?

Dear God, Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don't you just keep the ones you have now?

Dear God, Who drew the lines around the countries?

Dear God, Thanks for my baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy.

Dear God, It rained during our whole holiday and my father was so mad he said some things about you that he shouldn’t have. Please don’t hurt him.

Dear God, Please send me a pony. I never asked for anything before. You can look it up.

Dear God, If we come back as something, please don't let me be Jennifer Levy, because I hate her.

Dear God, I want to be just like my daddy when I get big, but not with so much hair all over.

Dear God, I bet it is very hard for you to love all the people in the world. There are only four people in our family and I can never do it.

Dear God, Of all the people who worked for you, I like Noah and David the best.

Dear God, I read Thomas Edison made light. But in Hebrew school, I learned that you did it. I bet he stole your idea.

Dear God, I don't think anybody could be a better God. Well, I just want you to know that I am not just saying this because you are God already.

Dear God, Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 07:19:58 PM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""
Ah well, maybe you'll fall and break your leg on the way to the hardware store.store.

How very unchristian of you
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »
Of course God gives a shit. If God did not care, why would you be posting on fornits web forum for wayward web fora?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »
If there is a God, I think it's probably a woman. (creator)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »
Oh, Okay, Buzz, that answers everything.  God talks (through fallible human beings) and I'm supposed to listen and serve him. Because he is the almighty, I should kowtow to him regardless of what I see around me.  There is more evidence that he doesn't give a ...., and me posting on Fornits has nothing to do with it.

And Antigen,  you say his broken leg comment was UnChristian? Actually, I think it is quite representative of Christians.