Author Topic: Aversion Therapy  (Read 1940 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aversion Therapy
« on: April 11, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »
Holy shit.  I just got off a 3 hour phone call with my friend who I thought was dead and recently recovered from meth.  I posted about it before.  Well his family chose Aversion Therapy. This guy is 33 and they chose to start harassing him, trying to make him have a bad enough drug experience that he'd quit. Oh my god what they did to him was unforgivable.  They harassed him for 4 months literally causing him to have a psychotic episode and almost killing some who were involved as well as himself. Basically tortured his ass for 4 months, and why? Cuz they chose to think they had some form of ownership over his life or they didn't want to look bad by having a relative who was a meth junkie, or they missed him. All reasons total bull shit and extremely selfish. I would let a friend die before i put someone through shit like that.  Not to mention its the first and ONLY thing they tried. To this day while they have only hinted they did this and wont completely admit who took part etc. He doesn't need them to, he has proof but they are fucking cowards. It was a huge operation and it cost some money. Come on,  someone out there has to be able to talk families into this (no excuse) and make a huge profit. Not only that but the fact that they wont tell him who was involved leaves him with the feeling that most of his friends and family were and he wants nothing to do with anyone who was. So they've  taken away his life by choosing NOT to have the balls to admit this. Although for now that may not be a bad thing. He understandably wants to put all of them through they shit they put him through over those months.  As would I.

When we talked a couple weeks ago he mentioned his recovery and how he was extremely paranoid for 10 months, heard people in the attic, thought people were following him (while recovering at this dads house) etc. I assumed it was the drugs that caused this paranoia. Fuck no they caused him to have a psychotic episode, he had a gun in his mouth ready to pull the trigger until he realized he was one of those people that just didnt have the balls (thankfully in this incident) to harm themselves that way. So he's pretty much had to start over with very little relationship with is mom and dad and no relationships with the rest of his family and most of his friends.  They caused him to have a physical twitch that didn't go away for over a year. And well he's obviously still dealing with it it's only been 2 years. When I emailed him he didn't respond for 3 weeks.  He told me tonight, that the only reason he felt comfortable enough to contact me was he went to my site and read the story about my brother. He remembered me mentioning it in the past but he never had details.  After reading that he figured I'd be someone, if he chose to tell me, that would understood and he knew without a doubt I could not have known or been involved. They have killed any trust he has for anyone.   Never really expected my brothers story to play into things this way but it makes me grateful.  He really wants to write something about his experience and put it out there not only to help people who may be traumatized by it but to wake up families that decide to do this.  The thing is there is a TON of negative shit about aversion therapy online so either a family is gonna do their research or not. If anything what disturbs me even more is this is a legal industry that is making money and unless someone ends up killing themselves or  murdering someone that is harassing them, it's semi legal.  They almost caused him to take his life. Cops even get involved at times or look the other way. While someone's pockets get fatter. And its not an over night solution so the longer it takes the better for the one making the money.  One reason they do this with adults is unlike kids they cant legally kidnap their asses and put them a rehab forcefully.  SO come up with another way to profit from the same ole buill shit and ruin someones life in the name of love and concern.  God I'm just furious.  I'm really glad he chose to open up to me though. Just figured I'd share, kind of appropriate to post here I'd say. I totally got him and I really think it helped validate things for him that he had not been able to elsewhere. And now he'd like to turn it into something positive too which great.

Also there are quite a few, believe it or not, incidents of both suicide and murder by using this tactic., the even use it to make homosexuals, straight. I can think of a few people it would be cool to use it on as far as revenge is concerned I'll tell you that.   But hey what did Betty Sembler say? As long as we help at least ONE it's more then worth it!  Fuck you BS and anyone who thinks that way. If every person that subscribed to that sick way of thinking dropped dead tomorrow. I would not give a fuck.  Im just so sick of this shit and knowing people are profiting off the pain of others in the name of something good. Fuck them all! K i should get to bed.  Just wanted to pass this on.
Kelly
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aversion Therapy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:58:51 PM »
just some addt. info.
Aversion therapy is a form of psychiatric or psychological treatment in which the patient is exposed to a stimulus while simultaneously being subjected to some form of discomfort. This conditioning is intended to cause the patient to associate the stimulus with unpleasant sensations, and to then stop a certain behaviour.

Aversion therapies can take many forms, from relatively mild (simply scolding a child for mischief, or placing unpleasant-tasting substances on the fingernails to discourage nail-chewing), to other behaviours, such as giving disulfiram to an alcoholic to discourage drinking, or even application of electric shocks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_therapy

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Aversion Therapy
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:02:42 PM »
Ok, now that's some fucked up shit!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aversion Therapy
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:17:38 PM »
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
Ok, now that's some fucked up shit!

Tell me about it. My thing is had he happened to kill someone they would have basically deserved it.  I'm sure this shit is easier to get away with in some states then others but it's just ridiculous.