Author Topic: The Curious Posting Patterns of Billy Procida  (Read 9042 times)

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
The Curious Posting Patterns of Billy Procida
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
You know Mike could be correct.   This does sound a little like the trial scene from the Caine Mutiny.

"Ah, but the strawberries! That's, that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with, with geometric logic, that, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox did exist."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 08:17:14 PM »
I'm nowhere near as invested in this conversation as so me of you are, so take this fwiw.

I don't know if Billy is always played by the same actor or not. I don't know if there's a real Billy or if "Billy" is just a sock puppet made up out of whole cloth for the purpose of trolling Hyde critics. I can tell you this, though, it's old hat. Sue Scheff got sued for doing just this type of trolling on Lon's forum. The Sudweeks did the same when the Whitmore was under intense scrutiny. HLA has had people posting as various characters either to upset people or troll for info or maybe just because the entire industry of cultish little gulags is just that fucking obsessed with controling the dialog within and without their isolated little communities.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this all turns out. But I can tell you that Ursus' suspicions are not at all out of line w/ SOP in this ongoing war.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 09:24:25 PM »
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
I'm nowhere near as invested in this conversation as so me of you are, so take this fwiw.

I don't know if Billy is always played by the same actor or not. I don't know if there's a real Billy or if "Billy" is just a sock puppet made up out of whole cloth for the purpose of trolling Hyde critics. I can tell you this, though, it's old hat. Sue Scheff got sued for doing just this type of trolling on Lon's forum. The Sudweeks did the same when the Whitmore was under intense scrutiny. HLA has had people posting as various characters either to upset people or troll for info or maybe just because the entire industry of cultish little gulags is just that fucking obsessed with controling the dialog within and without their isolated little communities.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this all turns out. But I can tell you that Ursus' suspicions are not at all out of line w/ SOP in this ongoing war.

So far, sock puppet has my vote.  So who's hand is up Billy's ass?

Mansion Levitation
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 09:31:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Well, I can see that this subject matter has certainly gotten a reaction out of Hyde.  Obviously, there is more to it than I had seen fit to post previously.  Here's another tidbit... Read these very carefully; there is more to it than just what I have chosen to highlight:

Note this excerpt from a post by Billy Procida in the "i'm an incoming senior... for parents interested" thread, posted Thurday, March 8th, 2007 at 5:23 PM Conn.:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=17301&start=39
Again, to start, you need an objective view. I've always been an objective kid. I can put feelings aside and spurt what's right, not what I wnat to be right(most of the time, I have my situations here and there, I actually had one quite recently if you want to hear about it, shoot me an email). But seriously, grow up. Because putting smiley faces and patronizing people is what I did in grade school. Because by doing that, you're acting like Matt. And he was a boy trapped in an 18-year old's body.

Next, note this post not quite a month later, posted Friday, April 6th, 2007 at 7:09 PM in the "gauld admits hyde is a fraud and quits" thread:
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21053&start=48
i'm not trying to invalidate what you've said, but it IS a lot different now in 2007 than it was in the late 60s and 70s. hyde has been figuring this out by trial and error and still are. because you're right: how do you teach character education? we're still in the process of figuring out the BEST way to do it. so back then, i can imagine them not having any sort of clue if you just have joey g-string getting into people one-on-one. he can be very stubborn and so can a teenager. so that's not a great set-up for EVERY situation. i get that. but it is different now ursus.
- bill procida '07
ps....when exactly did you graduate? were you part of the first class with paul hurd? or were you more towards malcolm's time? just trying to get a time frame...hope that doesnt' make you feel too old :wink:  lol
SOMEbody messed up!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Not to mention the fact that "Billy" never answered the questions posed repeatedly about Hyde's attrition rate, graduate rate, etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 11:17:27 PM »
first of all...i'm a little flatered to have a thread named after me. it made me giggle. first of all: i never reposted my first ever post here with the preface "needs repeating" or whatever. i did not re-find this site from august until the beginning of march. i think someone was trying to quote me? idk. think what you want but remember this. if they won't pay me during the year to do tours and to do the amount of work that i do in admissions, do you really think they'd pay me to do this. i WISH they would pay me while i was at school for something. would make up for not having a job while i'm here. about the attrition rate, graduation stats, etc....i gave my response: call the admissions office and ask. i dont' know specifics. i can only tell you what i've seen and heard in the last 4 years here. for example: my graduating class so far has all but about 4? accepted to college so far. 2 of them are doing post-grad years for basketball anyway. last year: one ended up going to trade school, another is at a junior college. the rest were accepted to 4-year universities. it's about the same with classes of '05 and '04. but i'm not going to go fish numbers for people who could easily find out themselves. they'll tell me the same thing they'll tell someone on the phone. honestly. i've yet to see numbers posted online by hyde that seemed different to what I have seen and experienced.
and of whether or not i'm some sort of spy, troll, prolyterate?, or if i even exist...think what you want. i'll gladly talk with you over the phone. or exchange emails. w/e. but i'm not terribly concerned about convincing anyone of anything. i mostly post here because i read a lot of ignorance(not completely on their parts) about hyde because things have changed. there's a new feeling. and since ya'll aren't here now, i thought i'd share it with people. yes....there are facutly that joke about me posting. and they heard about it from warnick who knows only because i talked to him about the site. some have even said, "you keep on posting." but i dont' care what they say. i just post to fill ya'll in on what i DO know and feel. i could give a rat's ass if laura gauld wanted me to post or not. what she says has no bearing on what i post here.
i was also impressed by some anti-hyde people sticking up for me here. i've only just read this new thread. especially gary eskow...that one was a shocker. but yea...i guess i misjudged and lumped all the "anti-hyde" people together, which was wrong. i only wish there was some sort of name, if not at least a pseudonym, so i kind of knew who said what. but i appreciated the little bit of defense.
i'm tireed. night.
- Bill Procida '07
NYU '11

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 05:13:58 AM »
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""
You know Mike could be correct.   This does sound a little like the trial scene from the Caine Mutiny.

"Ah, but the strawberries! That's, that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with, with geometric logic, that, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox did exist."

Are you saying that it is hard to listen to Ursus, pleading his case against Billy yet again, without the image of Captain Queeg in The Caine Mutiny coming to mind? Are you particularly referring to the courtroom scene in which the deranged, obsessed, and ultimately pathetic captain takes the witness stand and raves about duplicate icebox keys, missing strawberries, and how his entire crew plotted against him? Isn't that a little harsh?

Mike

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »
Quote from: ""billy procida""
first of all...i'm a little flatered to have a thread named after me. it made me giggle. first of all: i never reposted my first ever post here with the preface "needs repeating" or whatever. i did not re-find this site from august until the beginning of march. i think someone was trying to quote me? idk. think what you want but remember this. if they won't pay me during the year to do tours and to do the amount of work that i do in admissions, do you really think they'd pay me to do this. i WISH they would pay me while i was at school for something. would make up for not having a job while i'm here. about the attrition rate, graduation stats, etc....i gave my response: call the admissions office and ask. i dont' know specifics. i can only tell you what i've seen and heard in the last 4 years here. for example: my graduating class so far has all but about 4? accepted to college so far. 2 of them are doing post-grad years for basketball anyway. last year: one ended up going to trade school, another is at a junior college. the rest were accepted to 4-year universities. it's about the same with classes of '05 and '04. but i'm not going to go fish numbers for people who could easily find out themselves. they'll tell me the same thing they'll tell someone on the phone. honestly. i've yet to see numbers posted online by hyde that seemed different to what I have seen and experienced.
and of whether or not i'm some sort of spy, troll, prolyterate?, or if i even exist...think what you want. i'll gladly talk with you over the phone. or exchange emails. w/e. but i'm not terribly concerned about convincing anyone of anything. i mostly post here because i read a lot of ignorance(not completely on their parts) about hyde because things have changed. there's a new feeling. and since ya'll aren't here now, i thought i'd share it with people. yes....there are facutly that joke about me posting. and they heard about it from warnick who knows only because i talked to him about the site. some have even said, "you keep on posting." but i dont' care what they say. i just post to fill ya'll in on what i DO know and feel. i could give a rat's ass if laura gauld wanted me to post or not. what she says has no bearing on what i post here.
i was also impressed by some anti-hyde people sticking up for me here. i've only just read this new thread. especially gary eskow...that one was a shocker. but yea...i guess i misjudged and lumped all the "anti-hyde" people together, which was wrong. i only wish there was some sort of name, if not at least a pseudonym, so i kind of knew who said what. but i appreciated the little bit of defense.
i'm tireed. night.
- Bill Procida '07
NYU '11

Bill,

We anti hyde people ARE impressive.  We went to Hyde and have a lot of character.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 08:13:52 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""

Are you saying that it is hard to listen to Ursus, pleading his case against Billy yet again, without the image of Captain Queeg in The Caine Mutiny coming to mind? Are you particularly referring to the courtroom scene in which the deranged, obsessed, and ultimately pathetic captain takes the witness stand and raves about duplicate icebox keys, missing strawberries, and how his entire crew plotted against him? Isn't that a little harsh?

Mike

Well there is more to it then Queeg's mental imbalance.  Queeg was correct.  His men were disloyal.  Some times the pizza boy is a spy.  It is how you present your case.  If you sound like an OC it pushes people away from your cause.  It is not about the strawberries. It is about the bigger picture.  If you let them make you talk about the strawberries, you lose.
  Mr Bear is a dedicated crusader.  I am just a dilettante so far be it from me to cast aspersions.  I just here to provide comic relief.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 08:21:15 AM »
Quote from: ""billy procida""
i'm tireed. night.
- Bill Procida '07
NYU '11

Bill,

We anti hyde people ARE impressive.  We went to Hyde and have a lot of character.

Ya know billy, I would have never gotten away with saying about the headmaster, "I don't give a rats ass." Another strange thing is that you say faculty is aware of this site yet not one has come on or at least admitted to coming on.

Hyde put the fear in both students and faculty when I was there. I stayed in touch with a few former faculty members for a couple of years after they left.  They ALL talked negatively about Hyde.  The same kind of comments from each, saying how they had no business facilitating seminars and the concern they always had for the kids when doing so.  They also were concerned about the proper staffing and at that time they said the salaries were not up to par with other boarding schools, although it was more in line with wilderness programs. One former faculty member talked about a girl who almost drowned and another spoke about the dysfunction of  many of the faculty including ones who drank too much and others who were inappropriate in different ways with students.  I heard a lot of negativity about the administration especially the family and extended family of the people who run Hyde.

I want to believe that Hyde does some good with some kids, but I wonder if it is worth the damage they do to others. I think most any cult will have some positive effects, but  seems to be on the ones who conform and pledge their devotion to the cult.  I think Hyde's biggest mistake is in not admitting what type of institution they are.  They continue to advertise themselves as a Character Based School.  I suppose you can call it a school if you want, but they do not teach scholastics on a level equal to public schools.  Also from what I have seen myself, the character schools who teach with positive reinforcement and love seem to have much better outcomes than Hyde which teaches through fear, shame, intimidation, and Brothers Keeper.  

I do not claim to be right, but these are my opinions

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
Sometimes the pizza boy is a spy and he only half knows it.  Those are the best kind.  That somewhat murky ethical grey area is easily avoided by the shine of those glistening ripe strawberries... And most importantly, they sure do aim to please...

I harbor no ill will towards Billy.  He strikes me as a well-meaning, earnest sort.  It is the backdrop that I find less than picturesque.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 09:40:39 AM »
Sometimes the pizza boy is a spy and he only half knows it.  Those are the best kind.  That somewhat murky ethical grey area is easily avoided by the shine of those glistening ripe strawberries... And most importantly, they sure do aim to please...

I harbor no ill will towards Billy.  He strikes me as a well-meaning, earnest sort.  It is the backdrop that I find less than picturesque.

Bear,

You seem like a good guy, but too melodramatic. You are not a terrorist and Hyde is not the CIA. No spies, no assassinations. May Hyde be as unimportant to you as you are to them.

Mike

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 10:08:19 AM »
Ah, Mike... Who is being melodramatic here?  No one said anything about assassinations, at least not physical ones.  You have tried to apply one of the more commonly used "Informal Fallacies" in Logic:  Try to discredit an opposing viewpoint by exaggerating it.  Have you been studying presidential campaign speeches lately?

I felt that it was important that this issue was aired, for immediate as well as preemptive concerns.  Whether you get it now, soon, later, or never, or whether anyone else does, for that matter... it's really not a whole lot of sweat off my back at this point.  Someone had to put the bell around the cat's neck, and I done did that.

The next time somebody trolls you looking for information, you might just hear that "ding ding ding" in the back of your mind and be forewarned.  You might also want to spend some time trawling through the Hyde archives here just to get some perspective on precedents in previous years.

Cheers.  No hard feelings, but the issue is not so academic for some of us here.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
Ah, Mike... Who is being melodramatic here?  No one said anything about assassinations, at least not physical ones.  You have tried to apply one of the more commonly used "Informal Fallacies" in Logic:  Try to discredit an opposing viewpoint by exaggerating it.  Have you been studying presidential campaign speeches lately?

I felt that it was important that this issue was aired, for immediate as well as preemptive concerns.  Whether you get it now, soon, later, or never, or whether anyone else does, for that matter... it's really not a whole lot of sweat off my back at this point.  Someone had to put the bell around the cat's neck, and I done did that.

The next time somebody trolls you looking for information, you might just hear that "ding ding ding" in the back of your mind and be forewarned.  You might also want to spend some time trawling through the Hyde archives here just to get some perspective on precedents in previous years.

Cheers.  No hard feelings, but the issue is not so academic for some of us here.

Thanks for the warning.

As far as Hyde being unimportant, you really can't tell who Mr Bear is.  He might be Paul Hurd. He might be a she.  Maybe he is Ms Grant.  Maybe he is Gigi.

I see it as a save the whales kind of thing.  Everyone needs a hobby.  Mr Bear's is anti hyde posting.  To each thier own.

I think we should have a Mansion Levitation day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »

I felt that it was important that this issue was aired, for the immediate as well as preemptive concerns.  Whether you get it now, soon, later, or never, or whether anyone else does, for that matter... it's really not a whole lot of sweat off my back at this point.  Someone had to put the bell around the cat's neck, and I done did that.

Cheers.  No hard feelings, but it's not so academic for some of us here.

Ursus,

Hyde can identify me if they care to. No harm, bodily or otherwise, has come to me. Emil posted his e-mail address here. No harm has come to him. There are several other people who are identifiable. No harm has come to them. So you're doing a satisfactory job of discrediting your own viewpoint. Trouble is, you're discrediting this entire forum, to the extent that you dominate it. The thought likewise occurred to me that you might be Billy.    

Mike

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »

I felt that it was important that this issue was aired, for the immediate as well as preemptive concerns.  Whether you get it now, soon, later, or never, or whether anyone else does, for that matter... it's really not a whole lot of sweat off my back at this point.  Someone had to put the bell around the cat's neck, and I done did that.

Cheers.  No hard feelings, but it's not so academic for some of us here.

Ursus,

Hyde can identify me if they care to. No harm, bodily or otherwise, has come to me. Emil posted his e-mail address here. No harm has come to him. There are several other people who are identifiable. No harm has come to them. So you're doing a satisfactory job of discrediting your own viewpoint. Trouble is, you're discrediting this entire forum, to the extent that you dominate it. The thought likewise occurred to me that you might be Billy.    

Mike

Mike,

You could be Ursus and Billy.  I could be you and I am having this conversation with myself.  

I am  the Walrus.