Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 318556 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »
How can I get more information on the recent episode in Florida?  I have a young relative that is incarcerated there and I have been beating my head against a wall trying to get her out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline betty277

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »
i would be willing to send you a pesonal email if you want...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »
i think what you say is probably accurate....did you ever think of Compton?
i dont know...i was in rebekah years ago, but i fear somethings happened from the pe teachers and others who lived there ...that went beyond regular abuses mentioned...

but i only have years of PTSD flashbacks to inform me,  and one lone other survivor who seems to remember same kind of things

am waiting to see how this all come out in the light of day...
never so much smoke, but if there is a fire somewhere...
eh?

God is a good God!! but some people even under cover of Gods word and name take it all in vain and abuse it and victims rendered powerless...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »
hey, just curious,
did anyone ever know if Roloff the man was a freemason or
if Wiley Bogart Cameron Sr. were a freemason?

i had heard from the grapvine recently that Cameron was a Naval Officer...

hum....

just wondering if any one ever knew if they were in that or not...

:question:  :question:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »
well those who are for us are not against us, now melissa,
she may have been a kid on the farm, but that does not automatically put her into the zone of an enemy of the survivors....

she may have seen other things you failed to see mainly becuase you were locked up and she had more freedom to move around...

she may know some valuable pieces of information,

remember those who are not against us are for us...etc...

I was a rebekah girl, and I know it has handicapped me socially mentally and emotionally, etc, but I would also assume many of the farm kids were also 'victims' of the roloff cult atmosphere, it was a cult dear, and the kids who grew up on that farm are its victims also, but they are NOT a rebekah survivor, but maybe a roloff cult survivor....
they didnt get a choice in where they were growing up, they didnt get to choose, who does as a kid>??? not many....and espcecially not many of the rebekah girls who were most of them being dumped off by irresponsible parents and guardians who did not care enough to get proper counseling for us kids....

just my two cents melissa, chill a bit, and relax....

she didnt say a thing that would or could be detrimental to the cause of any surivor in need of healing, help, and or validation...

:smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »
you know it has been confirmed to me recently that my memories are confirmed in the mouth of THREE witnesses about Lester Roloff himself had tapes, what i would call scripts, that he read to us girls in the dorm at nights while we were asleep,

this is a strong brainwashing technique, subliminal messaging...

and without a young persons consent or awareness of the hidden subliminal messages...

Jesus talks about the enemy that sowed when the men were asleep...thought that was interesting, in Matthew 13: 25..... that in the sleep times, is when the enemy will plant in his seeds...when we are in a mode of unconsciousness or unawaredness....

in the Bible it is taught us to be aware, to stay alert, to be awake,
tho they did not teach to us thinking skills (mental alertness and awareness).. in Rebekah dorm, that would cause us to be aware of the distortions and lies and see the truth...nope, they didnt encourage sound thinking to us...cults never do..research on cults and how they control nad manipulate thru brainwashings and not permitting open thinking or difference in thinknig or open debate to search for truth...

truth will set us free, free from the lies, from the distortions and planted bad seeds...Gods word is truth, but we must learn to study it , not thwart it or chunk it but be open to realize it had been distorted to us...

sincerly
a rebekah survivor
from the 70's...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
I was at New beginnings in Florida, I just returned home in July. Honestly, there's too much to be able to say it all but I can tell you this - I was a ridiculously rebellious girl before I went there, and I knew that the road I was going down could soon have gotten me killed, but I wouldn't listen to anyone else, I was just consumed with doing exactly what my family didn't want me to do. Anyway, I was sent there for a year, and I got the help that I needed. Since returning home I've realized some things about the difficulty there is in getting my life straightened out in that environment and then returning home, beacuse it was such a bubble there, and it's not a bubble in Houston. Anyways, there are some things that looking back on I can see how they're difficult, but when you're there and you see how some people act in there and what they're willing to do, it gives you a different perspective on things. It's much different to look at those places and take one event out of context and sa y how it's so horrible without knowing the rest of the story or that girl's particular history. There were times when I had to help hold girls down, but that was because they had gone so far and were so violent that they were a danger to themselves and to people around them. THink of how much more horrible it would be if they didn't take an action against their behavior and just let them hurt other girls. I know from personal experience what it's like there, there are girls who have chosen to stay there for years after they would have been allowed to go home, all because they love that place so much. They really are good people, they were like parents to us. And the Cameron's were like grandparents, they are amazing people, and I love them like family.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »
Also, after having read all the things said by people about the Cameron's running the home in Florida, I thuoght I'd clear up that misconception. I was the one who posted the last message, I just returned home from New Beginnings on July 15, 2004, just a couple weeks shy of having been there a year. Anyway, the Cameron's don't run the home. The McNamaras, who took over Rebekah in TX the last time that it was there in like 2000 i think, anyway, Brother McNamara (we called him Brother Mac, and his wife Mrs. Mac), are the Superintendents of the school as a whole and they are the ones who live on the property with the girls along with the staff members. Brother Cameron is the President, and Brother Jimmie Clark is the Vice-President. I'm sorry for the bad experiences some people have talked about on this website, but I truly believe things have changed. I was there under the Mac's care and they really did treat all of us girls like their children and the Cameron's were like grandparents to all of us. I, along with countless other girls who were my friends there, have been helped immensely by the home in Florida and by these people. While I wish that I had been at a point in my life a year and a half ago to have been able to listen to my family trying to help me at home so that I could have avoided having been separated that way. but after having experienced it I wouldn't trade where it's placed me in my life. If that makes any sense. Granted, there were some things that I sitll don't have a clear understanding of that went on while I was there, I still know what I got from my experience, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Because of having been there, I was able to open up my mind and my heart to hearing scripture and about God, and the Holy Spirit convicted my heart and i accepted Christ while I was there, and my life hasn't been the same since. My heart was just in darkness and lonely but after asking Christ to come into it I'm not ever lonely. I can be in a room by myself and still have someone to talk to because I can pray to God and talk to him, I dont' think I would have ever gotten to a point where I could've experienced that if I hadn't gone to New Beginnings, I thank God everyday for intervening in my life and bringing me to him.

- Tracy, 17, Houston, TX

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2005, 07:01:00 AM »
Hi Tracy,
i am near by houston, i am a roloff survivor from texas...
glad you are posting....its good to hear your perspective...
 ::rainbow::

Gods Blessings into your young life my friend,

from a Rebekah Survivor
from the late 197*  ::read::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »
well, I do enjoy quotes, Grains of wisdom from others who have thru experience and time harnessed some real truths....
thinking and mulling over this, I am pasting in some more quotes...sorry,....just my insy winsy way to help me think clearer...
later  ::troll::

=============================================
http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_confusion.html

Helen Keller:
It is not possible for civilization to flow backward while there is youth in the world. Youth may be headstrong, but it will advance its allotted length.

Henry David Thoreau:
The youth gets together his materials to build a bridge to the moon, or, perchance, a palace or temple on the earth, and, at length, the middle-aged man concludes to build a woodshed with them.

Maurice Chevalier (attributed but unverified):
Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.

Robert Louis Stevenson:
To hold the same views at forty as we held at twenty is to have been stupefied for a score of years, and take rank, not as a prophet, but as an unteachable brat, well birched and none the wiser.

Thomas Jefferson:
Too old to plant trees for my own gratification, I shall do it for my posterity.

Whitney Young:
Liberalism seems to be related to the distance people are from the problem.

Anaïs Nin:
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.

Demosthenes:
Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true.

Elias Canetti:
People love as self-recognition what they hate as an accusation.

Garrison Keillor:
I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it.

James Thurber:
Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness.

Jessamyn West:
A religious awakening which does not awaken the sleeper to love has roused him in vain.

The Quaker Reader, 1962

Nietzsche:
'I have done that,' says my memory. 'I cannot have done that' -- says my pride, and remains adamant. At last -- memory yields.

Alan Bennett:
Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

Chinese proverb:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

Gilda Radner:
I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity

Henri Nouwen:
When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

Jane Haddam:
People always seemed to know half of history, and to get it confused with the other half.

Rainer Maria Rilke:
Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.

Letters to a Young Poet

Salvador Dali:
I believe that the moment is near when by a procedure of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible to systematize confusion and contribute to the total discrediting of the world of reality.

Thomas A. Edison:
Restlessness and discontent are the first necessities of progress.

Tom Peters:
If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

=================================================

WAKE UP....
 ::troll::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
Did you know that the man who is the director of the New Beginning Rebekah Home is a former convict. The same is true of his wife. They worked at the Roloff Homes before it was moved to Pace, Florida. His name is Bill McNamara. He and his wife work closely with the girls.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »
Sherri Compton molested several underage girls in Rebekah. she finally left after there was a lawsuit by a girl's parents. the last I heard she was teaching PE at a private girls school.

Offline letstalkaboutpants

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sweetaspickles
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
why is she working with children if she is a pedophile?

unbelievable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
Most people don't want to get involved so they keep quiet about Compton. Once Mrs. Cameron caught her at it and all she did was pray with her. Then Mrs. Cameron said Compton had repented and would never do it again. There was one more girl she molested who went home and told her parents. They settled out of court with the Homes.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »
I've seen things like this again and again. A kid gets stood up and confronted for some cruel or criminal behavior. He/She gets started over on their program. They make second phase, then third, then fourth and, having confessed, been reamed about it, promised they understand the error of their ways and will never do such a thing again, they're declared "cured" by staff and group... till next time.

This is one reason why these programs are dangerous. These people don't posess the power to 'cure' pedophelia! What could the parents be thinking? Oh yeah, they're not thinking. They're busy praying and writing checks, naturally.
 :roll:

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0136374069/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Andrew Tannenbaum

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes