Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 311278 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #915 on: September 04, 2007, 09:26:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
May God forgive you all for the hateful, selfish, and hurtful things you say about the homes and people who loved God. I never saw anything of this sort happen to anyone. I only have good memories and instilled in my heart many character traits that sadly to say many of you who lacked such things went to the homes in the first place. Many of you were sent there against your will filled with bitter hatred, deeply wounded, lonely, sad, pathetic wicked people who interpreted "discipline" as being beaten and terribly mistreated -- oh poor you so spoiled rotten that you couldn't take any type of reprimand and no it wasn't abuse at all. And it only shows how you all are still in the same place in life today as you were the day you walked through the gate at the farm and this is so sad to hear. I for one have no regrets and would do it all over again if need be. Not everyone is able to be strong enough to love and take in such stubborn, strong-willed, rude, law-breaking, society rejects and not fold. Most of you should have just been sent straight to juve/prison --maybe you would have been treated like royalty -- you need to earn respect -- you give it and you receive it. But, you are still going to feel the way you do and I'm glad I didn't allow the devil to win this battle -- this is one I won by God's wonderful grace and mercy and today lead a fulfilling, happy, and wonderful life and don't allow such petty things to be strongholds in my life as you do. Get over it--life's to short and oh so precious if you treat it right.

Shut up, really...

I'm not a rude person but you just posted a ton of bull shit. The homes were shut down because of abuse and the only person not obeying the law was the school by refusing to get licensed in Texas, amongst other things. Beating children, locking them up in closets, and forcing girls to adopt away their babies is beyond cruel. This program is as close to God as Satan in hell, and I suspect that you are nothing more then a troll.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
I'm with Hanzonmon
« Reply #916 on: September 04, 2007, 09:31:48 PM »
What kind of person uses someone elses hurt against them?
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
shut down
« Reply #917 on: September 04, 2007, 09:33:58 PM »
not shut down, moved and names changed.  several still open.

Lorri
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 04, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »
Of course, like Straight....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
exactly
« Reply #919 on: September 04, 2007, 10:04:57 PM »
They get in trouble, move, change name, and start all over again.  I have done some major research on this, and if GUEST wants to give me her email I would be happy to flood her box with reports from every major news corp in the country.

Lorri
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 05, 2007, 11:43:53 PM »
oh i have better things to do with my time than sit here and type back and forth wallowing in self pity and shame dwelling on past things that are all in your heads, I just wanted to check back to see your replies and how defensive some of you get -- it's kinda sad, but at the same time kinda funny. I really don't mean to be ugly --uh troll oh come on - I'm just entitled to my opinion just as you all are and every once in awhile like to drop in to read up on these silly yet quite entertaining stories of yours sans of course  the "really bad" things that happened to you. Oh well, continue on and may God bless you all because his love is everlasting -- this is nothing new to Him -- just this sinful world doing what it does best...taking the glory away from God and may I add that you too "friend" have your place in the judgment line and may God have mercy on your soul -- for I look forward to that day because I have nothing to fear and am at peace within. So, go ahead and post up your once again negative reply for I will not allow you the privilege of response because I don't need to keep reading your pathetic sad stories over and over again. Please try dedicating as much energy and time as some of you do on these blogs and "research" and turn it to God, your children and families and who knows you may find true peace, joy, and happiness within yourselves. Just give it a try ;)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 06, 2007, 12:01:14 AM »
If you don't like these stories of "self pity" so much why keep coming back,  :rofl:

Howto]

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Hanz, don't waste your time:
« Reply #922 on: September 06, 2007, 12:55:09 AM »
I went back and read through the forums connected to Roloff, and Guest has been posting that crap anonymously for years.  It is some sick and twisted wreck that thrives on others pain.

Lorri
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: exactly
« Reply #923 on: September 07, 2007, 08:09:07 AM »
Quote from: ""lorrispickelmire""
They get in trouble, move, change name, and start all over again.  I have done some major research on this, and if GUEST wants to give me her email I would be happy to flood her box with reports from every major news corp in the country.

Lorri

Lorri,..(?)

are you Lorri or Loretta?

you signed it off under Lorri's name

hummm

Offline GentleStormi

• View Profile
    • http://roloffsurvivorssupport.bravehost.com/
« Reply #924 on: September 07, 2007, 08:33:50 AM »
oh i have better things to do with my time than sit here and type back and forth wallowing in self pity and shame dwelling on past things that are all in your heads, I just wanted to check back to see your replies and how defensive some of you get -- it's kinda sad, but at the same time kinda funny. I really don't mean to be ugly --uh troll oh come on - I'm just entitled to my opinion just as you all are and every once in awhile like to drop in to read up on these silly yet quite entertaining stories of yours sans of course  the "really bad" things that happened to you. Oh well, continue on and may God bless you all because his love is everlasting -- this is nothing new to Him -- just this sinful world doing what it does best...taking the glory away from God and may I add that you too "friend" have your place in the judgment line and may God have mercy on your soul -- for I look forward to that day because I have nothing to fear and am at peace within. So, go ahead and post up your once again negative reply for I will not allow you the privilege of response because I don't need to keep reading your pathetic sad stories over and over again. Please try dedicating as much energy and time as some of you do on these blogs and "research" and turn it to God, your children and families and who knows you may find true peace, joy, and happiness within yourselves. Just give it a try ;)

Hi,

i have not been to Fornits in quite some time, just dropped in this morning, and have to apolgize here, but can you give me some bible verses that support your display of scorn and disdain for the broken and wounded? Can you please post some verses that support your theories of Christs condemnation to those whom he came to sit and eat dinner with? can you put some verses up here to actually support your sneering views of being holier than thou?

If you would do that then i think i could might actually engage you into a discussion as if we both were sane sensible thinkers who would go to the word of God to find out what it actually does have to say about the broken and bruised, what it does actually say about being compassionate to those who are hurt, instead of sneering down on them like you were some high and mighty monarch who had some standing of rightness in Gods prescence based solely on your own sense of being better than the rest of them

what does the bible say? be angry, but in your anger do not do evil. if you are a christian, why do you not show tears and compassion to those who were wounded by those who called themself Gods people? i wrote recently on my blog about Hagar, she was an outcast, and how did God treat Hagar?
Sarah and Abraham used this poor slave girl, used her and raised up her hopes of being among the elite with them then without thought to her personhoood cast them down, Sarah in her failure to trust in God, (a sin, yah, amazing to find that high people of Gods are sinners too, huh?)  she sold her slave girl out to get pregnant by Abraham, Abraham was a man, not a god. Roloff was also a man, not a god.Just sinners themselves. called by Gods name.

Sarah,  in her failure to trust and obey God ,wanted to "fix" this messy problem and so began to abuse Hagar, and this was not Gods doing, it was not of God to do that to Hagar, it was Sarah who did that, not God, Sarah beat the child, Sarah used her and disregarded her personhood. why? Because of failing faith in what God said he was going to do.

People in Gods name do terrible wrongs to others, they can be found to use them as if they were expendable. They then after using them, can be found to have toss them out ,

But God had a plan for Hagar, and what a wonderful thing that Hagar was honored to be the first woman God made direct communication to in the history of Genesis, an "outcast", the social reject, the used one, a woman that had been physically, emotionally and sexually abused and used, all by Gods "people".

does this mean God would then renig on his promises to Sarah and Abraham? no...because Gods faithfulness is not mans way of dealings, when God promises something he comes through with it. no matter how many "people of God" screw it up and hurt others in their falthLESSness.
people, all persons are broken and sin, abraham and sarah were no exception to that fact. God works with sinners, not those who are not in need of him. Christ said that in his phrase: "I did not come to call the righteous to returning back, but sinners" and "It is not the whole people who need a doctor, but it is the hurting and wounded ones who are in need of fixing and attention by a doctor"
(paraphrase)

Remember Hagar, ...the outcast and Gods compassion to her to meet her in her outcast place. there she was sobbing, weeping wailing and crying her heart and soul out, and God came down to meet with her, in her wilderness experience without family without roots, with out acceptance and in her desert of rejection, he met her there and honored her in a very specific manner to promise to her also his promises. God cared for her

the bible tells us of a God of compassion, one who sits and visits with us, one who seeks to mend the hearts that were broken by those who were "people of God", God promises not to snuff out the flickering candle, God promises to not break the bruised and bent over reed, even when humans in their sinning will think to break down and think its even God sevice to do that,

but God wants to set people free from all the hurt and brokenness and sadly, here you come in your own self sense of being "right and correct and pure before God" (sounds satanic to me, for there is NO ONE who can stand before God and say "Look at Me God, i am better because i dont hurt, i am better because i dont harp on the past" sounds a lot like pride satan exhibited)
but yet you breeze in here assuming that you have some better standing with God than the rest of broken humanity who is being honest, they are honest and God seeks honest people, not dishonest who pretend they are better, God can work more with those who are at least honest about their feelings, than he ever could with someone who wanted to gloss over the pain inside, who assumes they are superior because they dont "talk" about what hurts them,

please remember to post some verses to stand on where you feel you are justified in going around to condemn everyone here, just because they are real and honest persons. they speak about the truth of what happened to them, they allow their pain to be expressed about what is in them, and do not hide it, this is real and honest and those who condemn such honesty are not working with God but against him, for he hates falsehood.

go ahead post those verses that make you out to be someone who has earned some right to sit in a judges podium and stake out the laws and condemnation. please i want to see these verses .....

i dont know what scriptural gounds you are standing on?

in the bible i have not found your attitude to be in Christ at all,  maybe your attitude is more seeable in the religious Pharisees?whom Christ eventually said that they were like "whitewashed tombs filled with dead mens bones" , and he tagged the Pharisees attitudes in their "religiousity" as the vipers, not the regular people who needed hellp.

GentleStormi
SistersSurvivors
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roloff-si ... -bethesda/

http://roloffsisterssurvivors.bravehost.com/index.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:07:15 AM by Guest »

Offline GentleStormi

• View Profile
Re: Rebekah girl from 80-81
« Reply #925 on: September 07, 2007, 09:10:36 AM »
Quote from: ""ging3rhoffman""
Hello, My name is Ginger Hoover and I was in Rebekah from 1980 to 81.  I cant believe most of what I am reading.  Rebekah was a save haven! I think those that are writing terrible things about Rebekah are not Christan at all and couldnt stand discipline or correction.  They wanted to live their filthy lives, which consisted of drugs, sex, pregnancy and diseases.  Someone loved me enough to send me to Rebekah where i could be protected from the world.  I thank the Lord everyday for the year I spent in Rebekah.  Cult?  That is so laughable.   I never seen lockup.  I never seen any abuse while I was there.  I knew of one girl in a whole year that went to lockup.  If you are going to act crazy and disrupt a peaceful enviroment then you need some time out!  Good grief!!  I was fed very well! I had a clean soft bed, clean room with shag carpet.  Loving people all around!  A great education!  It so sad to read the horrible things that are being said about Rebekah.  To those of you who love the Lord I have a great website that you can go to and listen to some of the best online sermons ever heard.  My favorite preacher to listen to is Henry Mahan.  The spiritual growth  that you will recieve is such a great comfort !  
www.sovereign-grace.com/sermon.htm

May the Lord Bless those who are His,
Ginger Hoover

My life verse:  Psm 40:2  He brought me up also out of an HORRIBLE PIT, out of the Miry Clay and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings.  (That rock is Christ my Savior)

Hi Ginger,
wow, you know i had tried to kill myself when i was 14, i had been tossed between 3 families in my larger family system. i was not on drugs, i was not doing anything that warrented a juvenile correctional lockdown facility, i was being used and abused, my perpetrator was an older man in my family, who took my trust and used it to his own sickness, i was a victim, i was his sexual abuse victim, i had been raised in a family that had violence and and perversions in it. i was a "lost child" looking for somene to help me grow up right, i needed a caretaker who would be there day after day. i had given my trust to Jesus at age 10, but that trust got used, abused, and was left to the wolves, i NEEDED adult oversight and care, not beatings for everytime i hollered.

if i were to come to you and take a sledgehammer and smash it into your feet, and break and shatter your bones, what would your reaction be?
if you hollered, you would be normal
if you sat there and said nothing, but "thank you" and walked off you would be a non human non real freako.
if you hollered and the police came and put you in jail for hollering, you would have been given some severe injustice in that matter, if you were furhter beaten for even "talking" about it, then you would have been severely wronged.

so why do those who were in the homes who had it ok, beat up on those who were not so fortunate? not everyone experienced those juvenile lock down facilities the same. you assume your story of being on drugs and living in filth is everyone elses story, that is pretty darn assumptious of you, just because Lester Roloff had the power to slander our characters and run our persons into the mud, does not make it right.

you never saw lockup? were you among the snooty cameron pleasers and kissing their butts?

lockup was right smack on the hall way down you could not hve missed it, go back and revisit the dorm, the lockup room is still in the same place, you must have been snowed out on something, to have missed lockup?

Mrs Cameron took that heavy board and beat me 32 hits with it. I counted each strike, and never forgot that. That is extreme coporeal punishement and the punishment did not fit the crime, i was not given any one to help me or counsel me. what was my crime? that warranted 32 hits? "i talked to a new girl and said something about running" , which if they were sincerely wanting to help me then they would have sat me down and asked me why i had done that, and listened to what was motivating me, and they would have realized the fact that running was not what i wanted, i would not have ran, i was too chicken to have run, what i really wanted and needed was to know i mattered,

do you consider 32 hits by Mrs Cameron onto my backside, while i am running around her office chair in her office, screaming and pleading for mercy, do you consider that abusive or do you consider that normal child care or teen care? and also, can you produce any writings found in the New Testament by Paul or any other of the Church Writers of the first century that justify that kind of extreme beating? Did you forget that one where Paul told the "Fathers" to not provoke their children to anger and discouragement? but to gently rear them up as cared for and cultivated to be who God created them to be in nurture and guidance?

can you even explain what Solomon was observing in his famous wisdom writings? in Proverbs? did you take time out to read the history of the culture of his times? his culture and how they lived life in that context? did you take time out to even know that Proverbs is a form of Oriental Poetry and Hebrew Poetry? that its written to be read a certain way?

if you consider that kind of beating normal, then there is something seriously wrong with your sense of what is right and what is wrong,

stand a moment and look around your high lofty place and see the results, Christ said, that "Wisdom is proven of its children"

what are the results Ginger? tell me and show me the results? what is the outcome of Roloffs juvenile lockdown facilities he dared to call homes and churches?

for those who had been given "sledgehammers"  into their bones (their spirits) and their bones were broken, and they hollered/reacted in normal human pain), the treatement in the Roloff juveniles lockdown facilities were the jail they were thrown into for expressing pain.
yet, they were the normal ones, they were exhibiting normal human expression of pain and woundedness.

i was not ever on drugs, i did not sleep around i was an abuse victim and because of my earlier years of abuse i was primed and ready to be a victim as i grew.

healing work in part,  is about venting the pain, the pain that because we were treated as common criminals, and programmed robots who could quote what they wanted us to parrot, we learned to stuff our real feelings for years, that now finds expression in years later we can finlly HOLLER IT OUT, what hurts....that delayed reaction.

healing work is that and much more, it also includes a personal  walk and journey to know God and find the real God, (you wont be successful in removing God from the healing all the way, i..e you can heal to a point, but there will always be that place unhealed that has to do with how you view your Maker, because everything the Roloff persons did was done in his name)

to discern between the God of the Bible and the demonic god (spirit of condemnation, spirit of fear, spirit of control) found in the dorms, and to know that the God of the Bible did not beat me, and to know that the God of the Bible was not the god that was mind controlled and mercilessly beaten into our beings, without any thinking and or sense, to robotize us as mere robots to become "llittle roloffs who resound the voice of Big Roloff" is sick, it is dehumanizing what is human,

Gentlestormi
Roloff Rebekah Survivor to Overcomer 77-78
SistersSurvivors

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:23:56 AM by Guest »

Offline GentleStormi

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 07, 2007, 09:52:31 AM »
May God forgive you all for the hateful, selfish, and hurtful things you say about the homes and people who loved God. I never saw anything of this sort happen to anyone. I only have good memories and instilled in my heart many character traits that sadly to say many of you who lacked such things went to the homes in the first place. Many of you were sent there against your will filled with bitter hatred, deeply wounded, lonely, sad, pathetic wicked people who interpreted "discipline" as being beaten and terribly mistreated -- oh poor you so spoiled rotten that you couldn't take any type of reprimand and no it wasn't abuse at all. And it only shows how you all are still in the same place in life today as you were the day you walked through the gate at the farm and this is so sad to hear. I for one have no regrets and would do it all over again if need be. Not everyone is able to be strong enough to love and take in such stubborn, strong-willed, rude, law-breaking, society rejects and not fold. Most of you should have just been sent straight to juve/prison --maybe you would have been treated like royalty -- you need to earn respect -- you give it and you receive it. But, you are still going to feel the way you do and I'm glad I didn't allow the devil to win this battle -- this is one I won by God's wonderful grace and mercy and today lead a fulfilling, happy, and wonderful life and don't allow such petty things to be strongholds in my life as you do. Get over it--life's to short and oh so precious if you treat it right.

Jesus came to take away the sins of the whole world. every sin ever committed and every sin that still will be commmitted has been paid for, there only needs remain the persons ability to lean onto the Lord for trusting in that what Christ did on calvarly,
i can see why your approach here may not be working and coming across in a way that is helpful, apparently  there is no offer of love, or compassion from you.
It says that Christ did not come into the world to judge it, but to save it.
yet here you audaciously stand here and tout that you are his, and yet show no mercy , no love and no open door to the ones who need love, compassoin and mercy.
the bible says to those who show no mercy, no mercy shall be given to them.

Faceless nameless said:
Many of you were sent there against your will filled with bitter hatred, deeply wounded, lonely, sad, pathetic wicked people who interpreted "discipline" as being beaten and terribly mistreated --

Gentlestormi says:
you sure know all the facts on all the thousands who walked through the homes, dont you? were you given access to all of everyones files? read all their personal history (if there were any)? you seem to be filled with utmost knowlege about each and every single individual that went through the homes, or are you basing such horrid judgements from your judges podium upon what Roloff had to say about us as a whole?
Roloff did not see individuals,
Roloff saw a lump of ugliness that was a obviously was a projection of his own issues, he was a sexist for he exhibited in word and in action his belief in the inferiority of women and he exhibited in word and action an abusive way of treating them. He did not see us as girls with minds and individual ilves, he saw us as he projected his own warped issues onto us females, "whores , witches, prostitutes" his harsh stance was rooted more than likely in how he grew up. he was extremely sexist to my opinion because of this denigration to females on his compound and who were in his homes.

for your information, namless faceless poster, i actually agreed to go to see Roloff, i actually hoped it was a safe place for me, i wanted to be in a safe place, i needed to get away from abusive people in my family of origins, who were not caring for me but were using me and abusing, me,

i remember sitting across from Lester in his office at the People's Church, i remember the "interview" i recall how badly i wanted to escape my hellish home life, and hoped he would let me stay,

it turned out nameless faceless person, that my trust was shattered, the place was no haven of rest, it was a pit from the dungeons of hell, my own Dad years later has said that to me, he now realizes how wrong they were to trust in Camerons, and he said that Rebekah Home was a "Dungeon from the pits of hell" and he is right, this was something coming from my own dad who actually was a roloff supporter for years, and also an extremisits and fundamentalists in that mindset for years.

at least nameless faceless has amitted to us being deeply wounded. but i wonder why nameless faceless is not showing compassion and help to those who were wounded?

namelessfaceless said:
oh poor you so spoiled rotten that you couldn't take any type of reprimand and no it wasn't abuse at all.

from Gentlestormi:
so spoiled rotten? yes, i remember how spoiled i was for hurting, i lay in a hospital bed with stiches in my arm because of my deep depression at age 14, from all the abuses from sexual perverts and controllers, i was accused then of being selfish and uncaring. oddly i was not given any rights to scream or even cry when i was being hurt. i was totally told i had to be non human, and this is dehumanizing of others created in Gods Own image and who are all based on that,worthy.

in my way of hearing you and experiencing your post, your attitude smells badly and i would think it stinks to Gods throne room and you bring upon the name of Christ a blasphemous stench. unless of course you can pull out the word of God and stand on it, use the verses that justify this attitude?

where is the love? or did you forget that love endures, that love is kind, that love is something that is thoughtful of others, that love waits patiently? did you forget that love never gives up? that love never throws in the towels on that which it loves? that love is always there, and never dies out? obviously you have no show of love for those who need wound care. if i were the doctor i would not let you into the room with those who needed care, you would obviously be abusive and sneering to these wounded, you would not be allowed in the room with them, for your apparent spirit of hatred to them is so high it is grossly negligent of what God tells you to do:
help them , reach them
yet, you are preaching as if the purpose of preaching were to nail them and judge them and tell them what horrid beings you think of them. you do not know the God of love and compassion, i dont know what god you do know, whatever you seem to know its apparently dead and inactive and not working in your post above.

nameless facelesssaid:
 Not everyone is able to be strong enough to love and take in such stubborn, strong-willed, rude, law-breaking, society rejects and not fold.

Gentlestormi replies:
Love is enough, God is love, love NEVER fails, but since you are failing you have no real love. your type of  "love" is a cloak to hide over your spirit of maliciousness and hate, (sounds a lot like a roloff voice in your post, a voice of the abuser and tyrant) (a wolf hiding in a sheeps covering?)

why do you have a need to stomp on the hearts of broken people?
you apparently are among the pharisees who also wanted  to be in high places but who would not help anyone "below them". you are among those who throw stones on sinners and Christ says, "you who are without sin and wrong, you throw the first stones"
and "those who live by the sword will die by the sword" i.e. what goes around comes back around.  

Thank God , that his love to Hagar was good. that God cared about Hagar and though God gives people free will to do waht they want, he did not stop Sarah from abusing this girl,
 even so, ....God is there in our deserts, when we feel outcast and alone and rejected by some society, God is there in our vast loneliness and deserts when we find no resting place nor water to drink, God will meet us there, and come to us and help us and his word to us will help us and defend us

nameless faceless said:
Most of you should have just been sent straight to juve/prison

From Gentlestormi:
we were, it failed, again, Christ said, "Wisdom is proven by its children" look around, did it work? to send us to juvenile prison aka roloffs lockdown juvenile facilities?

nameless faceless said:
 And it only shows how you all are still in the same place in life today as you were the day you walked through the gate at the farm and this is so sad to hear.

From Gentlestormi:
we face our futures from the pasts that shaped us, to come out of the past means to change ones patterns of relating,

we learned those patterns from abusive others, we are like garden plants that grew up in soil that was tainted with toxins, buried there and we were  told it was godly to bury the poisons into the soil of our hearts, and thought it would not affect our lives,

when in fact we realize now that those buried poisons of feelings and memories are what causes us to hurt so badly after this many years of hiding those pains and are the root to our dysfunctional lives.

those who are working on thier issues are those who seek to dig out the poisons and toxins and clean their soil and make it fit for healthy growth. those who keep on burying their hurting feelings and pain, are loaded with toxic wastes in their minds and actions.

your past is what shaped you, your past is the root to your plant, the soil that fed your plant, to know your past, is to know who you are, a person with no past is a non person. a vegetable taking up space without any meaning.

nameless faceless said:
you need to earn respect -- you give it and you receive it.

From Gentlestormi:
""ditto""[/color]
....it is my opinion here that you have seriously failed earning any respect here from your posting.
you dont give any respect to any human being on this forum in your post here, you do not honor them as God created them to be honored.
in fact you chop them and dice them and tear them to shreds all in the name of Christ, you bring blasphemy onto his name. Because of the fact that Christ is not that. and you should know he is not. He does not do that to the hurting and bruised.
i am still astounded you dare to show an attitude of disdain and call that giving us respect? you will never earn it here nameless and faceless, not with me.

nameless faceless said:
But, you are still going to feel the way you do and I'm glad I didn't allow the devil to win this battle -- this is one I won by God's wonderful grace and mercy and today lead a fulfilling, happy, and wonderful life and don't allow such petty things to be strongholds in my life as you do. Get over it--life's to short and oh so precious if you treat it right.[/quote]

Gentlestormi replies:
wow, are you not something we all want to emulate?!
amazing paragon of Grace you are?
you did not allow satan to win this one huh? even though your words fly into the face and heart of Jesus with a large slap, ..amazing you that you can to stand before the God of heaven and so pat yourself on your back as a paragon of goodness and rightness and not so wierd as everyone else.

it reminds me of the story Jesus told of the two men who went up to pray at the temple, the one was self righteous and his prayer (talking to God) was "I thank you God that i am not like the others, I thank you God that i am better and I do this good deed here and I pay my tithes and live right and correct" and the other guy goes up to pray and wont even go close to the altar and pray ,but stands off from the church prayer place and beats his chest in pain, and says, "Oh God have mercy on me a sinner"

Christ said, that the one who did not feel ok with entering into the "holy place" and who beat his chest in painful reality, and prayed for mercy went away from prayer time more justified than the guy who thought by his good deeds he had some space he had earned before God Almighty.

notice how you tout that "you" won this, ? by Gods grace?
the meaning of Grace is Divine favor and help that one did not earn. i.e. Grace is meant to be shared with those who do not deserve it.

so if you earned it, its not been Grace at all but merely self efforts.

you really come across as sanctimonious self righteous. i would not ever be able to call you a sister to me. not unless you could realize what damage you do to the victims and survivors and the heart of God in Christ

you say to people in pain "get over it"
this is a mere cliche' used by those who cant handle others being honest.

its a cliche and has no meaning upon the lives of each single individual life you have scorned and disdained here.

but since you did fall prey to using mere cliches that have no real meaning to each person, would you please state how one gets over it? what do you do to get over it? i would like you to justify/explain this cliche you have slandered upon people who have pain.

Gentlestormi
Roloff Rebekah Survivor to Overcomer
77-78

SistersSurvivors

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:56:35 AM by Guest »

Offline GentleStormi

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 07, 2007, 10:59:57 AM »

Nameless faceless said:
Get over it

From Gentlestormi:
Get ------ over -------- it

Take the first step, go through and arrive to by progressive increments, moving forward by movement, so to arrive at a conclusion , at a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration, of the thing we are so naming here. the roloff homes question.

that is what getting 'over' it is about,
i get weary of cliches, they have lost all relevant meaning to the present tense situation and is a example of closeminded persons who are like robots touting meaningless jargon from days gone by, might actually want to share what you were actually meaning by that use of an old jargon and cliche that are worn threadbare from the abuse of language and meaning. Think about what you really are meaning and try communicating it in your own words instead of reliving the past via an old worn out cliche. and a cliche that carries a negativity to it to those who are not in your boat.

it means to tell others to work through it, to wrestle through it to surmount the delimma and come to their conclusions about it, it means doing just what they are doing, talking it and discussing it, and dealing with it. [/color][/b]

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/language ... 00638.html

A cliché is a trite, hackneyed, stereotyped, or threadbare phrase or expression: spoiled from long familiarity, worn out from over-use, no longer fresh

http://www.treymorgan.net/2007/08/empty ... anity.html

The problem with clichés is that most of them have been so over used that their meanings have become empty. We've said them so often that usually we can start the cliché and someone else can end them for us.
--
The thing about clichés is they become empty and meaningless, because we think, "Yea, I've heard that before." My concern is that sometimes as Christians we hear biblical phrases and words over and over until they become meaningless and empty. We say, "Yea, I've heard that before," and we don't give the words much thought.
--

GentleStormi
SistersSurvivors
Roloff Rebekah Survivor to Overcomer 77-78

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 07, 2007, 11:31:12 AM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
I believe it's stress, quiet a few survivors have had the same experience. I first heard about it when looking into the abuse at New Bethany in Louisiana. A WWASPS survivor mentioned experiencing the same thing here on fornits. You could look into drugs that can cause this(as it's main purpose or side effect) but prolonged terror could produce this without drugs... I think

Yep.  All the girls I was in Straight with stopped with in a month or two after incarceration.  I asked my OB about it after I had my kids.  She said it was purely stress and that the amount that we must have been under to stop our menstrual cycle for years, yes years, was unbearable.   Literally.  I started back up within a month of getting out.

Weird.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline GentleStormi

• View Profile
Re: Rebekah girl from 80-81
« Reply #929 on: September 07, 2007, 12:08:52 PM »
Quote from: ""ging3rhoffman""
Hello, My name is Ginger Hoover and I was in Rebekah from 1980 to 81.  I cant believe most of what I am reading.  Rebekah was a save haven! I think those that are writing terrible things about Rebekah are not Christan at all and couldnt stand discipline or correction.  They wanted to live their filthy lives, which consisted of drugs, sex, pregnancy and diseases.  Someone loved me enough to send me to Rebekah where i could be protected from the world.  I thank the Lord everyday for the year I spent in Rebekah.  Cult?  That is so laughable.   I never seen lockup.  I never seen any abuse while I was there.  I knew of one girl in a whole year that went to lockup.  If you are going to act crazy and disrupt a peaceful enviroment then you need some time out!  Good grief!!  I was fed very well! I had a clean soft bed, clean room with shag carpet.  Loving people all around!  A great education!  It so sad to read the horrible things that are being said about Rebekah.  To those of you who love the Lord I have a great website that you can go to and listen to some of the best online sermons ever heard.  My favorite preacher to listen to is Henry Mahan.  The spiritual growth  that you will recieve is such a great comfort !  
www.sovereign-grace.com/sermon.htm

May the Lord Bless those who are His,
Ginger Hoover

My life verse:  Psm 40:2  He brought me up also out of an HORRIBLE PIT, out of the Miry Clay and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings.  (That rock is Christ my Savior)

===============================

Ginger said:
"May the Lord Bless those who are His"

from Gentlestormi:
yes, he does bless those who are his, and he also blesses those who are supposedly "not" his, but all peoples bear his image on them.
Ever read where Jesus told you and i to bless and not to curse even our enemies? he says in Mattew 5 that he causes it to rain on the good and the bad, and he causes it to shine on the good and the bad.

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/tex ... n-04b.html

see Luke 13:4,5

we do reap what is sown, we reap the things we spent time in sowing, that is for sure. Certainly Roloffs Juvenile lockdown facilities Workers are getting back what they have sown, and are filled with the reapings of their sowings, and truly Christ is correct when he said "Wisdom is proven of its children"

But there are also things that happen because of other persons failures and negligence, take the bridge that recently collapsed in Minnesota. WHY did it collaspe?
does it mean anything other than that the bridge was old and worn out and needed attention to it? some would say "God killed those persons" they speak from an heart that is incapable of compassion and mercy, but some would say "It was the devil that did that" they dont want to hold the bridge builders and the City of Minneapolis accountable for the crash and deaths of so many victims, and  they grandiosly seek to gloss over human failure and human negligence and blame it either on God or the devil, or even the victims of trauma and misfortune.

we can bless those we love and we can curse those we dont regard as fully human,  please see the book wrtten by James the brother of Jesus. he talked about this prejudice of mind, this warped ability in our beings to be able to bless God and then turn around and curse those made in the Image of God.

Ginger said:
Someone loved me enough to send me to Rebekah where i could be protected from the world.

From Gentlestormi:

You feel that you were cared for, loved ,cherished and sheltered from having to deal with the broken world out there. i would also tend towards thinking too that you may have been so separate from the rest of humanity that you might just be missing the mark in being able to relate to them?

take another look, when did Christ separate himself from the rest of the world?  please find some verses for me to see that he did that?

Christ never separated himself from the sinners, he sat down and ate and drank with them, and was accused of being a "winebibber and drunken and glutton" a lazy no do gooder. why? because he sat down to get to know the persons that religious institutions would not dare to be seen around. people who in their brokenenss could not know how to fix their self.  People who were just eeking it out from pay day to pay day.

to my way of seeing it and my experience, going knocking on doors to "witness" was not connecting to people in the world. it was a smug attempt to bring them into a mindset that did not allow for any room for open discussion or talking through any issues one had.
in my opinion, reading someone the "Roman Road to Salvation" is pointless if one has no capacity to get to know the person first.

GentleStormi
SistersSurvivors
77-78
Rebekah Survivor to Overcomer