Author Topic: Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon  (Read 311476 times)

Offline cloud9mom

• View Profile
Lester Roloffs Rebekah Home for Girls Survivors-Cult-mindcon
« Reply #900 on: May 19, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »
Melanie, I'm so glad that the Roloff Homes helped you. But even you would have to admit that the odds of girls that actually were helped and not abused,not having memory lapses due to brain washing with the tapes played nightly, are sadly lacking.The Roloffs are were and are a cult. Plain and simple.God is love,not hatred.The Roloffs, Camerons,Wills,and the Barnwells were about control. They wanted to control your body and soul.God wants you to accept HIS love.He gives you the choice, Heaven or Hell. Your pick.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i I was in Bethesda in 80,anyone else?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 10, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »
Hi,

I think I was there in 79-80 and I don't remember the home closing.  Maybe I was there 80-81.  I'm 40 now and I was 14 then.

My question is, why does it take us 20 years to even begin to talk about what happened to us in there?  What's up with that.

I remember the fruit.  There was a hurricane and they shipped us all somewhere but I remember peach trees.  Peaches.

Beautiful post, by the way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 11, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »
I just remembered about the peaches the other day. I tried some peach tea and never had before but the second I did Roloff came to mind eating a big peach.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 04, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »
On 2006-04-29 22:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Do you think that he wasn't a true Christian? I remember listening to him every morning during breakfast. I know he died with the Palmers daughter, Cheryl. I believe she was in the home. Did you ever hear that song "Willing" that she wrote. I dont know much about Bro. Roloff but I remember hearing him every morning for 365 days straight."

I don't know about you and not being mean but I still hear him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 04, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
On 2006-06-10 18:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi,

I think I was there in 79-80 and I don't remember the home closing.  Maybe I was there 80-81.  I'm 40 now and I was 14 then.

My question is, why does it take us 20 years to even begin to talk about what happened to us in there?  What's up with that.

I remember the fruit.  There was a hurricane and they shipped us all somewhere but I remember peach trees.  Peaches.

Beautiful post, by the way.

"

What took me so long was I did not know how to work a computer. ::blushing::

Offline pamwoodger

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 09, 2007, 10:54:58 PM »
i was in the rebekah home in 2000 please tell me that there is someone here who remembers me and can get back to me. i am trying to connect with friends from those days.

Offline Chai

• View Profile
New Beginnings Web Site
« Reply #906 on: May 10, 2007, 10:59:47 PM »
newbeginningsgirlsacademy.com

Offline Chai

• View Profile
New Beginnings Girls Academy
« Reply #907 on: May 31, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »
My friends just brought their daughter home from New Beginnings for her 10-day visit after being there for a year. She will be 18 in August and doesn't want to go back and she won't be going back. For those of you interested, if/when I hear reports of how the school has operated over this last year, I will post so that those of you who have friends there will have an idea of how it is currently. You can also check out newbeginningsgirlsacademy.com if you want to see pictures. They are opening another facility in Missouri.
Chai

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah girl from 80-81
« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
Hello, My name is Ginger Hoover and I was in Rebekah from 1980 to 81.  I cant believe most of what I am reading.  Rebekah was a save haven! I think those that are writing terrible things about Rebekah are not Christan at all and couldnt stand discipline or correction.  They wanted to live their filthy lives, which consisted of drugs, sex, pregnancy and diseases.  Someone loved me enough to send me to Rebekah where i could be protected from the world.  I thank the Lord everyday for the year I spent in Rebekah.  Cult?  That is so laughable.   I never seen lockup.  I never seen any abuse while I was there.  I knew of one girl in a whole year that went to lockup.  If you are going to act crazy and disrupt a peaceful enviroment then you need some time out!  Good grief!!  I was fed very well! I had a clean soft bed, clean room with shag carpet.  Loving people all around!  A great education!  It so sad to read the horrible things that are being said about Rebekah.  To those of you who love the Lord I have a great website that you can go to and listen to some of the best online sermons ever heard.  My favorite preacher to listen to is Henry Mahan.  The spiritual growth  that you will recieve is such a great comfort !  
www.sovereign-grace.com/sermon.htm

May the Lord Bless those who are His,
Ginger Hoover

My life verse:  Psm 40:2  He brought me up also out of an HORRIBLE PIT, out of the Miry Clay and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings.  (That rock is Christ my Savior)

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Roloff Homes
« Reply #909 on: August 29, 2007, 11:19:19 PM »
I am a Rebekah Survivor from 85-86  I have resently started a healing and support group on yahoo groups for survivors of all of the Roloff homes.  You are all welcome to join us at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ro ... ngNetwork/
if you are still needing a place to go for some real healing.  Pro-Roloff people are not wanted or welcome.  Those homes were trecherous, and I am looking for people who still have issues to work through.

Lorri
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 30, 2007, 02:33:46 AM »
I know that the homes were abusing and torturing people, and to read some of the responses from girls saying it didn't happen I am sickened.  Nobody from 85-86 dare say that they weren't abusive, because when the diabetic girl went in to diabetic shock and Mrs. Barrett thought she was faking, she almost died, if a staff member had not gotten her help she would have.  We were forced to sit in the hall for hours and listen to a long winded but not heartfelt apology out of that woman.  Nightime meds were given to anyone who they thought posed a threat, and I have no idea what they gave us.  I had to take them for a month after I came back from my visit.  I also didn't have periods while I was there, and never have been regular since, though it did not keep me from getting pregnant.  I was made to kneel on pencils for over 8 hours in a bathtub during the first week back from my visit.  Mrs. Barrett stayed all night in our room that night.  If I tried to rest back on my heals, she hit me.
For those who think the nameless here are not telling the truth, my name is my screenname, I was beaten until I bled, I was put in lock-up, I was tortured, I was personnally accused of witchcraft.  Yes, I had been a wild child prior to Rebekah, because of trying to cope with childhood sexual abuse.  I was guilty of self medication also, but when your father is a babyraping baptist preacher these things happen.  I did not hate Roloff for taking away my freedom, I hated them for saying I deserved what had happened to me.  Mrs. Barrett has the heart of a rattlesnake, and is just as venomous.  Bro. Barrett was a perv and a bully.  Mrs. Cameron should have been a Nazi soldier in another lifetime, and Wiley was a wolf in sheeps clothing.  I know this sounds like a lot of bitterness for something that happened twenty years ago, but how long is the appropriate amount of time for righteous indignation at child abuse?  I will get over it when they are all in hell with private little demons using the "board of education" on them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 30, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »
Has anyone ever figured out why so many of us never had periods?
I wish I knew what drugs they gave us.I remember a white powder mixed with water that tasted down right  tart, not like a sweet tart either. Maybe vitamin c?

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 30, 2007, 08:42:28 PM »
I believe it's stress, quiet a few survivors have had the same experience. I first heard about it when looking into the abuse at New Bethany in Louisiana. A WWASPS survivor mentioned experiencing the same thing here on fornits. You could look into drugs that can cause this(as it's main purpose or side effect) but prolonged terror could produce this without drugs... I think
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 04, 2007, 07:51:32 PM »
May God forgive you all for the hateful, selfish, and hurtful things you say about the homes and people who loved God. I never saw anything of this sort happen to anyone. I only have good memories and instilled in my heart many character traits that sadly to say many of you who lacked such things went to the homes in the first place. Many of you were sent there against your will filled with bitter hatred, deeply wounded, lonely, sad, pathetic wicked people who interpreted "discipline" as being beaten and terribly mistreated -- oh poor you so spoiled rotten that you couldn't take any type of reprimand and no it wasn't abuse at all. And it only shows how you all are still in the same place in life today as you were the day you walked through the gate at the farm and this is so sad to hear. I for one have no regrets and would do it all over again if need be. Not everyone is able to be strong enough to love and take in such stubborn, strong-willed, rude, law-breaking, society rejects and not fold. Most of you should have just been sent straight to juve/prison --maybe you would have been treated like royalty -- you need to earn respect -- you give it and you receive it. But, you are still going to feel the way you do and I'm glad I didn't allow the devil to win this battle -- this is one I won by God's wonderful grace and mercy and today lead a fulfilling, happy, and wonderful life and don't allow such petty things to be strongholds in my life as you do. Get over it--life's to short and oh so precious if you treat it right.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
denial
« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2007, 07:59:04 PM »
You may have had a different experience, but to spout mean and hateful crap at people who are just trying to work through what happened to them at the homes shows your smallness of spirit.  God will judge what happened in the homes, and you will probably be suprised at the judgement rendered.  If you want to live in denial you are welcome to it, but you have no right to ask others to.  If you were firm in your belief, you would use your name.  I do!  I have never been to prison, or been in any other source of trouble.  I am happily married, with a great kid, and grandbaby on the way.  You are a vicous little blackhearted person, and I hope you enjoy the view up there on your high horse, because God is liable to knock you off.

Lorri
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington