Author Topic: What is the point of this forum?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
What is the point of this forum?
« on: March 31, 2007, 04:36:53 AM »
I came across this forum while searching for information online about AARC.  As I stated in other posts, I have a very close friend who is a graduate of AARC.  While at AARC, this person was subjected to a physical assault in the home of an AARC board member by the sibling of a client.  For reasons known only to the staff of AARC, my friend was forced to recant the account of this assault.  My friend was also sexually assaulted in another home by a "client".  It is not a great leap of logic to assume that placing vulnerable children into the homes that produced children with severely destructive behaviors puts these vulnerable children at risk.  There is no question that Dean Vause has attempted to misrepresent himself as a psychologist. The question one must ask is "Why?".  Whether or not some children emerged from AARC able to live productive lives is not the issue.  The issue is the harm done to many children while in AARC.  Graham James was a successful hockey coach in the most elite junior league in the world, and was able to work for years while allegations about his behavior swirled about.  In the end he was convicted for sexually assaulting a number of his most successful charges.  People with wealth and power in this province have lent their support to AARC.  This includes holders of political office.  It is never in the interest of people whose positions entail an element of public awareness to be associated with a scandal, particularly one involving the harming of children.  The unravelling of AARC could encompass a great many unsavory things: abuse of children, misappropriation of charity and government funds, fraud etc.
If some former "clients" feel that they were mistreated in AARC, a forum such as this to discuss their experiences makes sense.  It does not make sense for those former "clients" who advocate AARC to post here.  If one was not harmed by AARC, it does not mean that others were not.
I just wanted some info so that I could have a greater understanding of the profoundly negative experience of my friend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
What is the point of this forum?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 01:06:07 PM »
Hang in there and you'll find the information you need, or at least get an idea as to where to start looking.

By the way or you aware of the str8 connection? I would look into THAT history to gain more insight on how to fight AARC. There's been a few successful law suits and facilities have been forced to shutdown(only to reopen with a new name sadly). Perhaps the straightlings here can get you into contact with some folks that can help you,(Antigen?)

Depending on how old AARC is it could be a few years before the mind-fucking done to your peers wears off. But don't give up.... The shit will hit the fan, it's only a matter of when and how.

Visit the ISAC site and fill out a survivor statement... Tell other victims of AARC to do the same. ISAC has some good info on str8 that can give you the basic story and history.

Also file complaints with the proper agencies(I don't know which ones in Canada). They may brush you off but your compliant will be on record which is a start. Also you may want to get in touch with an AARC survivor named Rachel who posts here. She seems quiet intelligent and driven, better to work to together then fighting alone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]