Author Topic: Split from Court Dismisses Indenmity Clause thread  (Read 1598 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Split from Court Dismisses Indenmity Clause thread
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »
Look, Deborah, we are talking about licensing and you stated:

Any facility that warehouses kids 24/7 must ensure those kids receive an education. They certainly don't want the kids attending the public schools in their districts- must keep them contained in the bubble to protect the illusion. Therefore they must provide some semblance of education.

We all know the TBS provide their own education (atleast the ones I am familiar with) and you indicate that they don?t want them attending a local public school (implying licensing may force this on the TBS?s which they don?t want and is a reason to avoid licensing)?.  Why bring it up if this not what you meant?

I replied with:

This is precisely why many of these schools don?t seek licensing. I know I wouldn?t want to have the school put my kids into the local public school system?.these are the type of requirements that antiquated regulation can impose and drag a school back to the 19th century.

Of course the schools want to provide their own education, why do you have to paint this as something evil.  You only want see a small part of what is going on?. If these kids attended a local public school and their SAT scores dropped down future parents would not want to send their kids there and the schools reputation would drop.

Why does the cost of $6,000 seem to be such a big deal?  Would everyone feel better if it was $2,000 a month?  Remember the schools don?t set the price the consumers do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
TO THE WHO
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »
$6,000 a month is a big deal unless you are incredibly wealthy. You should expect a lot for this monthly tuition which is not happening. The education program at HLA sucks! Lots of teachers have left HLA and parents are not getting the quality of education and special education help that they were promised. It is not happening at all. Anybody that says "What's the big deal about $6,000 a month is clueless and not in touch with reality. That was truly a very ignorant statement on your part!!  :roll:
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Not again...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »
Let's not allow TheWho to bog down yet ANOTHER discussion with his idiotic drivel.  Say it with me folks: Ignore the troll and he will go away!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »
what you fail to mention is the kids are much safer in a TBS than anyplace else.

We fail to mention it because there is no evidence to suggest its true.

(TBS?s) are set up to help these kids and provide a safe environment which they do

Your basis for this statement is..........?

and they are very effective ??

Not a single scientific study  done yet you somehow know this. How?

I think we would like to be able to save them all but we cant, there is no magic cure.

"We"? Who is we Cindy? Are you now acknowledging that you do in fact work for the industry?

I wouldn?t want the school to send my child off to the local public school all day, with the bullying, safety issues etc.

Is it your beliefe that bullying doesnt occur in TBS's? What with all the Hannibal Lector's and all there is a good deal of bullying. As to safety issues, you still refuse to even look at data regarding abuses in the TBS industry, that being the case how can you claim TBS's are immune to such issues, or even safer.

I know you probably wont answer these questions due to your cowardice but bear in mind this is exactly why you have no credibility.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 04:42:04 PM »
"What's the big deal about $6,000 a month is clueless and not in touch with reality. That was truly a very ignorant statement on your part!!

Well I don?t feel it is an ignorant statement and here is why? first of all the school doesn?t set the price, the parents do, if the price is too high no one will show up, if its too low they wouldn?t be able to keep up with demand.
Another option is to double the amount of beds and charge $3,000 a month or triple it and charge $2,000 a month.  But I bet no one here would be any happier and neither would the parents.

If you approached a person on welfare and asked if they thought a Mercedes was expensive they would laugh and say for that price it would need to have a shower and two beds and a kitchen.  Another person may say they would be too embarrassed to be seen in one unless it was a least an ?S? class,  so the impact of the price is relative and varies from person to person.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 04:59:56 PM »
first of all the school doesn?t set the price, the parents do, if the price is too high no one will show up

Wrong. You mentioned before that we were using scare tactics. Well Cindy these people practically invented the practice.

"It may seem like alot of money but if you don't pay it little Johnny is going to end up "dead or in jail". It only cost so much because of all the amazing services we provide that can't be provided anywhere else."

They don't bother to mention that the "services provided" include an abusive environment and quack  therapy provided by unlicensed hacks, disgusting food, subpar education, and squalor like living conditions. All being provided by an unlicensed facility.

Who could ask for more?

Another option is to double the amount of beds and charge $3,000 a month or triple it and charge $2,000 a month. But I bet no one here would be any happier and neither would the parents.

Interesting you mention this. Youre apparently unaware that HLA for several years felt the "8 to a room" policy, was just fine.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Look, Deborah, we are talking about licensing and you stated:

Any facility that warehouses kids 24/7 must ensure those kids receive an education. They certainly don't want the kids attending the public schools in their districts- must keep them contained in the bubble to protect the illusion. Therefore they must provide some semblance of education.

We all know the TBS provide their own education (atleast the ones I am familiar with) and you indicate that they don?t want them attending a local public school (implying licensing may force this on the TBS?s which they don?t want and is a reason to avoid licensing)?.  Why bring it up if this not what you meant?

I replied with:

This is precisely why many of these schools don?t seek licensing. I know I wouldn?t want to have the school put my kids into the local public school system?.these are the type of requirements that antiquated regulation can impose and drag a school back to the 19th century.

Of course the schools want to provide their own education, why do you have to paint this as something evil.  You only want see a small part of what is going on?. If these kids attended a local public school and their SAT scores dropped down future parents would not want to send their kids there and the schools reputation would drop.

Why does the cost of $6,000 seem to be such a big deal?  Would everyone feel better if it was $2,000 a month?  Remember the schools don?t set the price the consumers do.

Hey, dick, I'm 12,500 miles away right now and already know Aspen deal for HLA is DEAD.  Might as well log off...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »
Hey, dick, I'm 12,500 miles away right now and already know Aspen deal for HLA is DEAD. Might as well log off...

Calm down, DJ, the sensitivity training doesn?t seem to be working, You should try to relax when traveling, enjoy where you are at..........  you will still be king of the HLA forum when you get home, I am just commenting.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:01:58 PM »
I am relaxed.  Just not sure how that has any bearing on the incontrovertible fact that you're a dick.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control