Author Topic: Court Ruling Soon  (Read 6517 times)

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:49:53 AM »
I heard that the Judge is supposed to make the final ruling on whether or not to allow class certification of this lawsuit either this week or next week. I have heard through a reliable source that HLA thinks that the Judge will  will not certify this class action suit.

If the class action suit is not certified, can HLA get loans to recover and stay in business is the question? With several peer groups to graduate in May, I do not see how they could recover losing that many more students. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:07:33 AM »
From what I understand there are many consultants just waiting for the judge to rule.  This is what I could see happening...If he rules in HLA's favor, which is expected, you can expect to see a large influx of students at HLA.  HLA is good for their business and it will benefit them (ed cons) to help it stay open.  Because of  the lawsuit they can make an even better case to parents about how effective HLA is.  They will site the fact that HLA is a licensed treatment facility with the state and that they have more safety measures in place than do most schools.  For parents that are worried about whether or not it is a REAL school, they will site HLA's SACS accreditation.  IF HLA does not fold, this is going to make them much stronger.  In the idustry HLA will be seen as the victim of a few misguided and disgruntled parents.

If he rules against HLA, they will close in May after graduation.

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:16:06 AM »
The sad thing is that HLA makes promises and so do Ed Cons that they never follow through with. It is sad that they can get that kind of money and then not do what parents in good faith signed the contracts for HLA expecting them to do. The families that filed suit all have very valid points.
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:27:49 AM »
Quote from: ""happyday7""
I heard that the Judge is supposed to make the final ruling on whether or not to allow class certification of this lawsuit either this week or next week. I have heard through a reliable source that HLA thinks that the Judge will  will not certify this class action suit.

If the class action suit is not certified, can HLA get loans to recover and stay in business is the question? With several peer groups to graduate in May, I do not see how they could recover losing that many more students. Just my opinion.

Of course they want people to think the Judge won't certify the class action suit. How can HLA get another loan when they can't even pay back the money they owe to parents who pre-paid the whole tuition and pulled their kids early? Plus, it's rumored Bucci is preparing to declare bankruptcy and is looking for someone to buy HLA. I doubt people that are still owed money are going to see a dime of their money returned to them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:54:55 AM »
The sad thing is that HLA makes promises and so do Ed Cons that they never follow through with. It is sad that they can get that kind of money and then not do what parents in good faith signed the contracts for HLA expecting them to do. The families that filed suit all have very valid points.

Do you know the circumstances of all the families that have filed?  I don't, but I know of a couple of them and am frankly shocked that they would file.  In one of the cases HLA bent over backwards to help this family.  Don't be fooled into thinking that ALL of these families are innocent victims.  Some have very legitimit complaints, but some are just completely difunctional adults who cannot accept the extent to which they screwed up there kids.  HLA's biggest fault with one of these kids is that they allowed the kid to stay.  There is a lot of irony in the fact that the suit claims HLA allows violent students (which sadly is true), but this kid I am speaking was probably the biggest thug that HLA ever had.

I know there are A LOT of changes that needed to happen at HLA, and I sincerely hope they are happening, but this one family in the suit is unbelievable.

Offline happyday7

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
I read the lawsuit as to what all the charges are that the families are suing for and I speak from my own experience that most of what they are claiming is true based on what I have seen for myself. I am sure there have been some bad situations like what you are referencing, but I know that HLA makes lots of empty promises. For as much as the tuition is, you ought to get everything you are promised and MORE!!
ET ER DONE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 10:35:11 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Do you know the circumstances of all the families that have filed?  I don't, but I know of a couple of them and am frankly shocked that they would file.  In one of the cases HLA bent over backwards to help this family.  Don't be fooled into thinking that ALL of these families are innocent victims.  Some have very legitimit complaints, but some are just completely difunctional adults who cannot accept the extent to which they screwed up there kids.  HLA's biggest fault with one of these kids is that they allowed the kid to stay.  There is a lot of irony in the fact that the suit claims HLA allows violent students (which sadly is true), but this kid I am speaking was probably the biggest thug that HLA ever had.

I know there are A LOT of changes that needed to happen at HLA, and I sincerely hope they are happening, but this one family in the suit is unbelievable.

And how much of the prison mentality at HLA contributed to turning this kid (who you say is one of the biggest thugs you know) into a thug? For some of the kids that was the only way to survive HLA - especially for the boys.

The only thing HLA bent over to do was to give it to someone up the ass.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 11:24:07 AM »
For this kid HLA did absolutely nothing to turn him into a thug.  HE contributed heavily into turning other kids into a thug and creating a prison mentality.  Again, HLA's biggest fault, and it was a big one, was keeping this kid for so long.

Offline odie

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »
Regardless of whether or not the class is certified HLA will not be allowed to operate business as usual. I see this place closing within 3 months. With all the negative publicity they will not be able to survive. As far as Len is concerned I'm sure he will pop up elsewhere, probably outside the scrutiny of regulatory agencies that are now wise to his practices.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 01:34:24 PM »
This is all conjecture...only Judge O'Kelley knows when his decision
will be rendered.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »
Quote from: ""odie""
Regardless of whether or not the class is certified HLA will not be allowed to operate business as usual. I see this place closing within 3 months. With all the negative publicity they will not be able to survive. As far as Len is concerned I'm sure he will pop up elsewhere, probably outside the scrutiny of regulatory agencies that are now wise to his practices.

Actually HLA is very close to state compliance.  You are right that they will not be able to do things as usual, and that is a good thing.  They are being forced to do things the way they should be done.  The system is working.  It is sad that it took a law suit to force compliance, but when you are dealing with someone like Len Buccellato the only way he will let someone else call the shots is if he is forced to do so.  That has always been HLA's biggest weakness.  Regardless of that, however, HLA is being seen as the victim in many ed con circles and they will send a lot of business toward HLA if the suit is not certified.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 01:54:50 PM »
Either way its win-win. If HLA has to actually obey the law and stop violating the rights of these kids then that in itself is a major victory.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 02:55:38 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Either way its win-win. If HLA has to actually obey the law and stop violating the rights of these kids then that in itself is a major victory.

I absolutely agree.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 09:40:34 PM »
For this kid HLA did absolutely nothing to turn him into a thug.  HE contributed heavily into turning other kids into a thug and creating a prison mentality.  Again, HLA's biggest fault, and it was a big one, was keeping this kid for so long.

You seem to know quite a bit about this kid - were you his counselor by chance? Big ethical violation if you were.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Court Ruling Soon
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »

You seem to know quite a bit about this kid - were you his counselor by chance? Big ethical violation if you were.

No I was not his counselor.  Also, his name has not been mentioned.  No one without prior knowledge of him would know who he is.  if you CAN guess who he is, then it further goes to show that I am right about him.