Author Topic: Training - not therapy  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Training - not therapy
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:11:20 AM »
On this german Forum following statement in relationship with the german version of "Brat Camp" - "Teenager ausser kontrolle" was made:

(Rabea 03/22/07 - 01:34:22)

http://www.stern.de/forum/showflat.php? ... art=3&vc=1

Entschuldigung,
aber diese Camp war keine Therapie, sondern zynischer Dressurversuch.
Ein Armutszeugnis für das, was sich Pädagogik nennt.

In english:

I am sorry, but this camp was not therapy, rather an cynical training experiment. A admitsion of failure if it was suposed to be labelled as pedagogy

I dont know if there is a better english word for dressur as training. What she means is that it is something you can do to a horse or a dog.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Training - not therapy
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »
I assume Brat Camp has now been shown in europe? What was the general reception? Do people think it is barbaric, inspirational? How are the kids portrayed in comparison to their UK and American counterparts?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Training - not therapy
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »
The German response will be interesting given their sterotypical mania for order and regimentation.
am the metal pig.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Training - not therapy
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »
Knowing how they wig out at even a HINT of anything like Nazism, there's a good chance someone might Godwin this out of existence.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Training - not therapy
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:53:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
The German response will be interesting given their sterotypical mania for order and regimentation.

I dunno when i was there about 4 years ago, germany seemed pretty laid back & matter of fact about most Adolescent vices like sex and alcohol. I dont know about other drugs
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Training - not therapy
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 04:00:41 PM »
Americans have been deluged with propaganda concerning Nazi Germany, and it's worked well. Take a look at any argument, everyone is calling their opposition a Nazi, to them, the worst imaginable term they can muster. Sometimes I respond by calling them a Maoist but I just get a blank stare.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Training - not therapy
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 04:27:36 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Sometimes I respond by calling them a Maoist but I just get a blank stare.

LOL, or Stalinist, for that matter.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Training - not therapy
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 08:24:23 PM »
Quote from: ""Antigen's Ghost""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Sometimes I respond by calling them a Maoist but I just get a blank stare.

LOL, or Stalinist, for that matter.

No.. I'm pretty sure they full well understand the implications of the insult Stalinist. Maoist.. clever.  

Left winged panty biter works also.
am the metal pig.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Oppinions and a review.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
I assume Brat Camp has now been shown in europe? What was the general reception? Do people think it is barbaric, inspirational? How are the kids portrayed in comparison to their UK and American counterparts?

First of all it is a fake program built on the program at Turnabout Ranch, but certainly not as harsh as the original program. Germany is more civilialised and it would have resulted in a public outcry, if they had to go through what the British kids did some years ago.

Second there two main oppinions:

1) Germany should be able to take care of their own children. There is something wrong with parents, who would fix problems by sending the children out in the desert.

2) Kids should be seen - not heard. They deserve their fate. Why bring them back?

I also have to quote from the lastest review from the show: (http://www.phuckd.co.uk/2006/10/12/family-brat-camp/)

Last night was a veritable chavalanche of mockery - The Kenny Family, with their lunatic Elizabeth Duke Princess daughter, The Paramol lot with their half man half beast daughter that could barely string a coherent sentence together that didn?t sound like a mumbling retard, The Sparow lot, another Elizabeth Duke Princess that thought she was Ali-G, innit. And possibly the most retarded The Tates - although we didn?t see much of their ?troubled? son, i saw enough of old woman Tate to make me want to throw myself out the window.

Anyway, so you throw a few do-gooders/brainwashers into this equation, rile up the little shits so they have a hissy fit, rile up the parents to make them do the same and put it all on film.

The worst part of the whole show was the mangina that is Mark Paramor getting lambasted by his wife and daughter because they had to go on a trek without him??????? what the shit - his wife was as stupid as the daughter - she needed to sort her own whining self out before blaming all ills on her little chavette, yet mangina carried on giving into them - how i laughed.

Who is getting laughed at - The parents or the children? I think that we in Europe have a kind of suspicion of the behavior of our children have something to do with our behavior. Just a suspicion.