Author Topic: TheWho: Spin off discussion, Unconditional Love  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
TheWho: Spin off discussion, Unconditional Love
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
note that when i said "conditional" i meant "unending" as in "no matter what".  others might view "conditional" as meaning "only under certain conditions".  (the two are related...  but one implies compassion, the other, control.)

What i meant, is that it is possible for a child to hate his/her parent(s).

Hey who:  So have you asked your daughter questions about her program recently?  She still not talking to you?

I understand your statement fully.  It usually comes in this form:  "I don't like you very much now, but I still love you."

Now, Whooter has stated something entirely different.  His daughter is not loved by him unconditionally.  He needs to have certain conditions met before he will love her.  All I keep asking is what are the conditions your daughter needs to meet so that you will love her?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 02:16:31 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
note that when i said "conditional" i meant "unending" as in "no matter what".  others might view "conditional" as meaning "only under certain conditions".  (the two are related...  but one implies compassion, the other, control.)

What i meant, is that it is possible for a child to hate his/her parent(s).

Hey who:  So have you asked your daughter questions about her program recently?  She still not talking to you?

We intermix it into the conversation from time to time, I haven?t asked her specifics in over a month?why does everyone assume kids don?t talk to their parents when they get home?  I know it is a teenage thing but she has matured we talk openly about most stuff.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 02:20:07 PM »
Great.  Do you explain to her that you only love her based on certain conditions?  Does she know what the conditions are?  If so, can she explain them to us because you won't?

Quote from: ""Dysfunction Junction""
Earlier today TheWho happened to mention that he did not unconditionally love his child - that he doesn't believe in unconditional love from a parent to a child.

I then asked this question:

Maybe I can make this much simpler before we get into some more nonsense.

Who, exactly what conditions does your daughter need to meet in order for you to love her?

I'm just waiting for the answer now.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 02:29:15 PM »
I am surprised at this, DJ,lets explore it further, so how long do you expect your kids to love you unconditionally it you continue to ignore them every day when you go home?  Forever? Or just until they are old enough to move out?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 02:40:44 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
I am surprised at this, DJ,lets explore it further, so how long do you expect your kids to love you unconditionally it you continue to ignore them every day when you go home?  Forever? Or just until they are old enough to move out?

I repeat...I repeat...Do you have your ears on???

I don't expect unconditional love from anyone, as I stated many times before, by simply quoting myself.  I'm surprised you haven't noticed!

Do you want me to quote myself one more time, or are you able to scroll up and look for yourself?  I'll repost it for the fourth time if you need me to.

Anyway, we were asking a question of you, I believe:

Earlier today TheWho happened to mention that he did not unconditionally love his child - that he doesn't believe in unconditional love from a parent to a child.

I then asked this question:

Maybe I can make this much simpler before we get into some more nonsense.

Who, exactly what conditions does your daughter need to meet in order for you to love her?

I'm just waiting for the answer now.

So, please answer the question.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 02:44:01 PM »
Aw, heck.  I know you'll misquote me again if I don't re-re-re-repost my own statement again, so I'll just do it.

I don't take anyone else's love for granted, but I do love my own familiy unconditionally and would without hesitation sacrifice my own life for any one of theirs.

Now, does it now become clear to you?  "I don't take anyone else's love for granted..."

Now, for the umpteenth time, what conditions does your daughter need to meet so that you'll love her?

Geez, you'd think this was written in Kanji!
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
I am surprised at this, DJ,lets explore it further, so how long do you expect your kids to love you unconditionally it you continue to ignore them every day when you go home? Forever? Or just until they are old enough to move out?

How about if you beat them, would you still expect them to love you?

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 02:55:21 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how debates on here always turn personal. WTF does any of this crap between DJ and The Who have to do with the original post? I say give them their own forum and let them go one on one without any interference from any other posters so we can end this bullshit once and for all.  ::bangin::
die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 02:56:20 PM »
I am surprised at this, DJ,lets explore it further, so how long do you expect your kids to love you unconditionally it you continue to ignore them every day when you go home? Forever? Or just until they are old enough to move out?

How about if you beat them, would you still expect them to love you?

Can you really not read this?  "One in ten adults in America are functionally illiterate..."  Are you one of 'em, Who?

This is what I said:

Dysfunction Junction wrote:

I don't take anyone else's love for granted, but I do love my own familiy unconditionally and would without hesitation sacrifice my own life for any one of theirs.  

Tell me which part of this you don't understand and I'll help you to understand.  I think it's as plain as it will get.  It's already broken down Barney style.  How much more can I explain this simple declarative?

Now, you're looking foolish repeating this over and again, but I've been patient - holding your hand, helping you read, explaining (just like I would for my child!).

Can you please answer the question now?

What conditions must your daughter meet in order for her father to love her?

You said it, now explain it.  I've explained one simple sentence at least five times in this thread.  Now it's your turn to explain.

What conditions must your daughter meet in order for her father to love her?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 02:58:12 PM »
Cindy when did DJ claim to ignore his kids?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »
Quote from: ""odie""
It never ceases to amaze me how debates on here always turn personal. WTF does any of this crap between DJ and The Who have to do with the original post? I say give them their own forum and let them go one on one without any interference from any other posters so we can end this bullshit once and for all.  ::bangin::

Whooter has his own thread, but he like to pollute at random.  I'd stop if he just answered the question.  He stated earlier in the thread that he doesn't love his daughter unconditionally.  Now I just want to know under what conditions would he choose to love her.  It ain't that deep.  And, for me, it's not personal, just interesting.  I'd like to know how Who places conditions on his daughter in order for him to love her.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 03:01:10 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Cindy when did DJ claim to ignore his kids?

Never.  It's a red herring to avoid the question I've been asking all day.  

Who, what conditions must your daughter meet in order for her father to love her?

Whooter is just a tad bit upset with himself for letting his true thoughts slip out and getting questioned on them.  I told him waaaaaaay back in the thread that idf he misspoke about not loving his child, then he should just correct it and we'll move on.  Instead he has just tried to shift the focus onto me, the guy who does love his kids and has painted himself into a tiny little corner.  Now he's backpeddling furiously.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 03:08:22 PM »
Well, sounds like an impasse, I was just curious about this:

And I am interested in how DJ feels he can expect his kids to love him unconditionally, even if he ignores them for long periods of time?just curious on who taught him this is a good thing.

But I can let it go, lets get back to the topic and stop wasting space.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »
Riiight an impasse.

Any chance on you providing a basis for the claim that he ignores his kids?

Or maybe even answering his question regarding what conditions your daughter must meet in order to recieve your love?

Then again if you dont have answers to those questions and are too ashamed to continue we can move on if you like.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 03:17:29 PM »
Well, sounds like an impasse, I was just curious about this:

And I am interested in how DJ feels he can expect his kids to love him unconditionally, even if he ignores them for long periods of time?just curious on who taught him this is a good thing.

But I can let it go, lets get back to the topic and stop wasting space.

DJ doesn't expect unconditional love, as DJ has stated over and over.

Whooter only loves his daughter based on certain conditions and won't explain those conditions.  

Whooter keeps misquoting DJ even though DJ dutifully reposts his original statement like this:

I don't take anyone else's love for granted

Can you read it now, Whooter?

Now, what must your kid do in order for you to love her?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control