Author Topic: Suicide at AAA  (Read 16744 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2007, 11:24:18 PM »
Hanzo,
I'm begging... please don't collaborate with the derailment of this thread regarding the recent suicide at AAA.

Challenge the stats in the 1000 some page Who thread.
Thanks  ::kiss::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2007, 01:10:44 AM »
Ok, sorry
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
when did suicide happen at AAA
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2007, 05:23:48 PM »
I'm still searching for information about this event. I need dates, facts.
Pitbull Mom

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2007, 08:55:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Otherwise, you need to contact Mr Kent and/or the local police

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
suicide at AAA in 2007
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2007, 11:46:08 PM »
I called AAA today, they confirmed that a boy died there from a suicide, but could not provide any further details about it. There was no mention of it in the local paper, most likely at the parents request she said.

Offline MOMMABEAR

• View Profile
Re: suicide at AAA in 2007
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2007, 01:05:36 PM »
Quote from: ""PB Mom""
There was no mention of it in the local paper, .
imagine that
VERY CHILD DESERVES TO BE RESPECTED AND PROTECTED.

Offline MOMMABEAR

• View Profile
Re: when did suicide happen at AAA
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2007, 01:08:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Pitbull Mom""
I'm still searching for information about this event. I need dates, facts.
"event" the suicide at AAA happened in april of 2007

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »
any time there is a suicide there needs to be a thorough investigation. AAA is in Utah, so good luck, you will have to make it happen. If Ken Stettler's office in not investigating they should be, but you will have to lean on them. I would think that any suicide would raise suspicions of inadequate staffing and supervision. There are a lot of preventative actions the facility is required to take to prevent suicides. AAA is probably JHACO accredited too, so they need to be notified, it doesn't happen automatically. They have on online process for filing a complaint.

The media is not going to report it without the permission of the parents.
Pitbull Mom

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »
I'm wondering if a parent could hire a private investigator, if the program would give them access to residents, files, etc.
Remember, when Ian August was killed, Stettler's boy didn't find ANY violations of regs, UNTIL the DA filed charges. Then they managed to find a few minor deficiencies. I counted 20 some violations based on court testimony and statements in the media.
A death in a private facility is news. Is the parent's approval really necessary to investigate and report? The kid's name doesn't have to be mentioned.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline MOMMABEAR

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2007, 11:58:33 PM »
SINCE I AM NOT HIS PARENT WHO COULD I CONTACT AND WOULD THEY TALK TO ME I COULD FIND OUT FROM HIS PARENTS ABOUT RELEASING HIS NAME THEY ARE ALREADY AWARE THAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO DIG FOR INFORMATION.

Offline MOMMABEAR

• View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT ! ! ! !
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2007, 12:03:22 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""MOMMABEAR""
you know at this point the one fact that we should all be able to agree on is this:    the 17 year old child that we are currently talking about had two parents who loved him very much the fact that they had already lost their only other child only increased their desperation to save him. even though the parents may not have agreed on where to get him help they did agree that he needed help. this was a wonderful ,caring and loving young man who did not do drugs was not a bad kid he was just very sad and very unhappy and no body knew how to fix the problem because no one was sure what the problem was. after several threatened and attempted suicides the decision was made for him to go to aspen achievement academy because according to what they advertise they would help him learn what the issues were and how to deal with them while they were keeping him safe from himself and others. SO I GUESS THE QUESTION IS WHAT PART OF THEIR ADVERTISING WAS INCORRECT THE PART WHERE THEY WOULD HELP HIM OR THE PART WHERE THEY WOULD KEEP HIM SAFE??????? I would have to say in my opinion they failed on both parts rather they have helped other kids is not even the question or the point. The point is they failed horribly on this child and now everyone who had ever had the pleasure of knowing him must now suffer for their failure to provide what they advertised. I'm not talking out of my ass i know this child very well. Also parents dont take out loans for thousands of dollars to get their children help if they dont truly believe they are doing the right thing. If they had all of the information before they make these choices then they would also know the risk involved. this will only stop when cases like this stop being swept under the rug so that people know children are being mistreated and dying right under our noses. All of this is happening at the places that are supposed to help them and protect them.

Can ANYONE post a link to any news article about a 2007 suicide at AAA? I cannot find it anywere on the net, only an attempted suicide some years back. I keep seeing posts by Mommabear about a suicide at AAA but I cannot find any proof that it happened. I am trying to help out Pitbull Mom by collecting EVERY news article about EVERY documented abuse or death at EVERY ASPEN program, so she will have it for Youth Care's upcoming licensing hearing in regards to her son's death in June from medical neglect. She has posted on many forums, but very few people have stepped up with documentation that can help. It seems that a lot of people have time to bitch and moan about abuse, but when it comes time to actually DOING something concrete, very few take the time to step up and help with verifiable information that can be used in court.

Come on people - STEP UP TO THE PLATE HERE.  a young boy died. Let's help mom get those bastards.

Psy, if you're reading  this, PLEASE go to Draper.

And everyone PLEASE ignore The Who, it just junks up the threads and keeps people from reading on.
AS FAR AS I KNOW THER WAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN ANY OF THE LOCAL PAPERS IN UTAH THERE WAS ONLY THE OBITUARY INOUR LOCAL PAPER IT HAPPENED APRIL 17TH 2007

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Suicide at AAA
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2007, 12:41:05 AM »
Quote from: ""MOMMABEAR""
SINCE I AM NOT HIS PARENT WHO COULD I CONTACT AND WOULD THEY TALK TO ME I COULD FIND OUT FROM HIS PARENTS ABOUT RELEASING HIS NAME THEY ARE ALREADY AWARE THAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO DIG FOR INFORMATION.

I would start with Ken Stettler. He is the Director of Licensing for the fine state of Utah. His phone number is 801-538-4242, and he will probably talk to you, he might request that the parents call since it's a suicide. If the parents wish to contact the media, they will need to call the local papers, you can look them up online.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
From Fornits Wiki
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2007, 06:32:33 AM »
On Fornits wiki, there is a link to an Salt Lake Tribune article, which confirms the death:

http://fornits.com/wiki/index.php/Aspen ... nt_Academy

Stettler confirmed Aspen's reputation, saying, "They've had a pretty spotless record."
Three of four recent deaths at Utah treatment programs, however, happened at Aspen facilities: Blum's and two suicides; one in July 2004 at Island View Academy in Syracuse, and another in April at Aspen Achievement Academy of Loa.
Stettler said the April suicide remains under investigation by law enforcement, but his own probe found Aspen wasn't at fault.

The article (It will go to archieve/pay mode in some days):

Four recent Utah deaths in treatment programs, Facility put on probation, but free to take new clients, by Kirsten Stewart, Salt Lake Tribune, October 13, 2007