Author Topic: Turnabout Ranch being altered or a fake TV-show  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Turnabout Ranch being altered or a fake TV-show
« on: March 01, 2007, 03:40:13 PM »
The German version of Brat Camp shows an entire different picture of Turnabout Ranch than the British version did.

1) They sleep in tents at Roundy
2) The stone circle has a real tent, not just a shelter.
3) They eat jam on their bread at Roundy
4) Soft therapist (speaks german properly employeed special for the show.)

See the video on http://www.rtl.de/tv/tv_932628.php (You have to register and it is in german but it is free).

Well, this is very dangerous. The tone is so soft, that it also seems like real therapy and not just bullying. In a parent send their children to Turnabout for a treatment, they certainly dont get what they saw on the show.

It is almost as the British show and the German show take place at two different locations. Are we looking at a scam?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
German's Brought Their Own Counselors & Staff
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:21:41 AM »
The German's did a totally different program than what is presented by TAR.  They brought all of their own people and only used a few staff from TAR to bring supplies and get them situated in their own camp.

Their kids were separated from the TAR kids and taken out into the desert where they set up a private, independent camp, unrelated to the TAR facilities.  They used their own counselors and their own program.

TAR's only involvement was setting it up and the related proximity to TAR by being in the Escalante desert.  I'm sure TAR also made $$ off the deal.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
It could be outright dangerous
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:51:06 AM »
If a German parent sees the program and says:

"OK. It would be shameful for my neighbour to see my child down at the social services or a local treatment center, so I would lure my child to the States disguising it as a Holiday so he can be treated overthere. I can see that the children gets good food and are treated somewhat decent, so no danger there."

then the child in reality would end up in a shape that would make it very difficult for him to socialize back in Europe.

It is a scam and some children will end up being hurt due to that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Turnabout Ranch being altered or a fake TV-show
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 10:00:24 AM »
Huh That sounds very interesting.

I saw the TAR on TV and my thoughts were the same. It looks like a therapy where you will be teached respect without any violence.
All along - we just talk about - go in the stone circle - bad guy.

But now i see that this could all be just a fake for TV.

Maybe Amnesti International is interested in this.

(sorry if english is a not very professional.)

Greetings from Austria (near Germany)

SebHoff

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
KInder
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 08:18:35 PM »
I´m german and mother. ... and my english is ... ;(

but .. my daughter upfilled all criteris for AEG-programs inclusiv drugs. We went through this time and believe me, it was not easy, I had no expierience, but I learned much.
Best of all I learned was, that we pamper our kids and when they try to go their own way ... mayby not so straight, because they must do their own expiriences, you have to take the roll of the coach. Listening, talking ... and never foget, that you have done the best you could. Trust in your education! Maybe, you cannot see your little child anymore, but this is normal! They must find the own way of life. Be the coach and don´t drop the communication.

My daughter and me, we had tough times. I think, that is what parents are for. Not only for the good times, when they are so cute.

Never ever I did really think about "outsourcing ".

Sad to read, that you think, that germans have another point of view because of history.

I affirm, that you´are wrong :)

If anyone want to say something about the TAB, I recommend www.bke-elternberatung.de
We try to care about our kids, without send away  them.

Konstigt hur rest av världen se oss :(

Dansk kan jag inte, men svensk ... och covergarden ... sorry ;)

jag läste Din tysk översättningen, ingen tysk kan förstâr det. Använde Du ett översättningsprogramm?

Vill gärna hjälpa till.

Last at least ... sorry for my horrible english

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: KInder
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:40:52 PM »
Quote from: ""monster_mom""
I´m german and mother. ... and my english is ... ;(

but .. my daughter upfilled all criteris for AEG-programs inclusiv drugs. We went through this time and believe me, it was not easy, I had no expierience, but I learned much.
Best of all I learned was, that we pamper our kids and when they try to go their own way ... mayby not so straight, because they must do their own expiriences, you have to take the roll of the coach. Listening, talking ... and never foget, that you have done the best you could. Trust in your education! Maybe, you cannot see your little child anymore, but this is normal! They must find the own way of life. Be the coach and don´t drop the communication.

My daughter and me, we had tough times. I think, that is what parents are for. Not only for the good times, when they are so cute.

Never ever I did really think about "outsourcing ".

Sad to read, that you think, that germans have another point of view because of history.

I affirm, that you´are wrong :)

If anyone want to say something about the TAB, I recommend www.bke-elternberatung.de
We try to care about our kids, without send away  them.

Konstigt hur rest av världen se oss :(

Dansk kan jag inte, men svensk ... och covergarden ... sorry ;)

jag läste Din tysk översättningen, ingen tysk kan förstâr det. Använde Du ett översättningsprogramm?

Vill gärna hjälpa till.

Last at least ... sorry for my horrible english

Ohhh you so sweet  :P
Really ,loving parents  speaking english poorly is so cute.
I dont mean to sound  condescending. Its cute

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
Yes, I want to improve my site
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 05:24:34 AM »
Yes, I used a translation tool. My German is like my English not very good.

Please contact me via Email. Just send it to monster_mon@"the name of my site"

Improving the site would benefit children not just in the states but also in our countries as the methods used to suppress children are spreading around the world.

An American company tried to open a place in Denmark and they are now out of business as our politicians found out about their lack of respect for our laws.