Author Topic: Martha Kolbe - Educational Consultant  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Martha Kolbe - Educational Consultant
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:30:28 AM »
Anyone out there had her as an Ed Con?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 04:40:46 PM »
A concerned party emailed:

Recently (a few days ago), a student referred to HLA by Martha Kolbe freaked out, ran away, then got physical with the cops who were sent after him, tried to grab a gun, and is now reportedly facing several  felony charges.  

When his dad went there to collect his belongings, the kid's counselor didn't even know the boy had been arrested.  The family is devastated.  

What does it take, one might wonder, for consultants to wake up?  Dr. Kolbe has always been HLA's leading referral source.  

What does Dr. Kolbe think about this tragedy?  Why would she continue to refer kids to a facility that clearly is not properly staffed and the kids not properly monitored?  How many more ruined lives is it going to take before people wake up to Ed Conning and unregulated, unlicensed "treatment" facilities?

Can anyone flesh out this incident?  People should understand how something like this can happen and the devastating effects these unregulated businesses of Ed Conning and Behavior Modification programs.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 04:47:39 PM »
Quotes taken directly from a court filing on February 2:

"I am more than eighteen (18) years of age, under no legal disability, and I make this affidavit based upon my personal knowledge.

"As mentioned in more detail in my declaration of December 6, 2006, Hidden Lake Academy ("HLA") has suffered a sharp decrease in enrollment, primarily due to the decrease in referrals from educational consultants.

"My understanding of this decrease in referrals is that the educational consultants fear legal action against them, which fear arises from the allegations in plaintiffs' complaint implicating educational consultants.

"As set forth in more detail in my declaration of December 6, 2006, HLA has suffered significant loss of revenue due to decreased enrollment. Enrollment has dropped from over 150 students in September to 102 as of this date. Since September 1, 2006, 42 of the 120 employees of HLA have been terminated due to decreased revenues.

"Despite reductions in the number of staff and reductions in the salaries of those who remained employed by HLA, HLA's revenue is insufficient to cover its expenses (mortgage, payroll, utilities, etc.) each month.

"Due to the dire financial situation faced by HLA, further reductions in the number of staff employed by HLA or closure of the school is imminent.

"It is important to note that this situation affects not only the employees of the school, but also the 102 students currently enrolled at HLA who have completed approximately two-thirds of their academic year. Further staff reductions will result in a decreased quality of service to those students.

"Even more troublesome is the imminent threat of closure of HLA, which I reasonably believe will have devastating effects on the currently enrolled students, whose mental health will be jeopardized by such instability.

"HLA cannot afford a continued delay in the prosecution of this litigation and will not likely survive the two months that plaintiffs' counsel has requested to conduct discovery prior to a decision on class certification."

"educational consultants fear legal action against them"

I would too if i were in Dr. Kolbe's position.  

Look, Dr. Kolbe (and any other Ed Con reading) HLA is not a safe environment for children!

How much plainer can it be said?  Stop referring kids there and warn your clients about the dangers!
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Look, Dr. Kolbe (and any other Ed Con reading) Not a single one of these shitpits is a safe environment for children!

How much plainer can it be said?  Quit your job and find something more respectable to do, like selling crack on street corners!

Fixed!

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 05:46:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
Look, Dr. Kolbe (and any other Ed Con reading) Not a single one of these shitpits is a safe environment for children!

How much plainer can it be said?  Quit your job and find something more respectable to do, like selling crack on street corners!

Fixed!

I think that is the way it should have been originally written!  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Martha Kolbe - Educational Consultant
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 07:29:22 PM »
Anyone out there had her as an Ed Con?

She was my ed con.

She referred me to HLA.

Her hands are dirty!!!

If anyone knows how one might hypothetically go about suing a crooked ed con pleeaaase do tell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 09:51:25 PM »
A concerned party emailed:

Recently (a few days ago), a student referred to HLA by Martha Kolbe freaked out, ran away, then got physical with the cops who were sent after him, tried to grab a gun, and is now reportedly facing several  felony charges.  

When his dad went there to collect his belongings, the kid's counselor didn't even know the boy had been arrested.  The family is devastated.  

What does it take, one might wonder, for consultants to wake up?  Dr. Kolbe has always been HLA's leading referral source.  

What does Dr. Kolbe think about this tragedy?  Why would she continue to refer kids to a facility that clearly is not properly staffed and the kids not properly monitored?  How many more ruined lives is it going to take before people wake up to Ed Conning and unregulated, unlicensed "treatment" facilities?

Can anyone flesh out this incident?  People should understand how something like this can happen and the devastating effects these unregulated businesses of Ed Conning and Behavior Modification programs.

Is there an official police report? Has anyone contacted ORS about this incident?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 11:20:08 PM »
Clearly the kid does not need to be at HLA.  
He should be in jail.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »
Wouldn't that be an improvement?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 11:39:20 PM »
Rumor has it the kid didn't receive his medications for several days prior to this incident taking place....

Offline FunkyChild

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 01:56:30 AM »
Rumor has it the kid didn't receive his medications for several days prior to this incident taking place....

how did that happen? cheeking? let me lnow, are you a student there?
ithout art, the crudeness of the world\'s realities would make everyday life unbearable

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:01:21 AM »

I heard this also.  Bad, bad news if this is true.  Good news for the kid, though.  Got a viable defense for his actions.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 07:04:36 AM »
Clearly the kid does not need to be at HLA.  
He should be in jail.

Actually, from all accounts, this was a good, decent kid that had no real problems before HLA.  Within a few days he snapped (maybe because of no meds also) and tried to leave.  If they just let him leave instead of using FORCE to keep him at HLA none of this would have happened.

How's that "break-'em-down" plan working up there? :roll:
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »
IF the kid did not receive his meds, then he has a great defense and HLA should be sued again.  Man, they have been irresponsible with their meds over the years!!!

IF the kid was cheeking his meds then he needs to be in jail.  I don't care if he was a good and decent kid, the kid went for a cops gun.  You don't do that without doing some time.  HLA may not have been the place for him, but he still holds the majority of the responsiblity.  Assuming HLA didn't screw up his meds.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 10:31:01 AM »
IF the kid did not receive his meds, then he has a great defense and HLA should be sued again.  Man, they have been irresponsible with their meds over the years!!!

IF the kid was cheeking his meds then he needs to be in jail.  I don't care if he was a good and decent kid, the kid went for a cops gun.  You don't do that without doing some time.  HLA may not have been the place for him, but he still holds the majority of the responsiblity.  Assuming HLA didn't screw up his meds.

I see your point.  I do believe his meds were not given though - not cheeked.  We'll get to the bottom of it.

In either case, if HLA did not try to use force against this kid (by proxy thru the police) then none of this would ever have transpired.  If they weren't trying to hold onto kids like grim death to support their dwindling bottom line, this kid could have walked away and there wouldn't have been a problem at all, except for the kid who made the choice to leave.

See, it's the coercion that leads to incidents like this.  I can only imagine what the staff tried to do to him before and during his "running."  Maybe he was frightened bad enough that jail looked like a good option?  Maybe bad judgement, fear and mismanaged meds all confluenced to a very bad point.  

No matter how you cut it up, it's devastating for the family and this seems to be HLA's legacy: DEVASTATED FAMILIES.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control