Author Topic: Programs in China...for "Internet Addiction"  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Karass

• View Profile
Programs in China...for "Internet Addiction"
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:51:09 AM »
Electric shocks and "tough love"...at 10x the average monthly salary of a Chinese family...but they have no shortage of parents wanting to "save" their kids from too much internet!

Sick stuff...

DAXING, China - Sun Jiting spends his days locked behind metal bars in this military-run installation, put there by his parents. The 17-year-old high school student is not allowed to communicate with friends back home, and his only companions are psychologists, nurses and other patients. Each morning at 6:30, he is jolted awake by a soldier in fatigues shouting, "This is for your own good!"

Sun's offense: Internet addiction.

read the rest at

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17251571/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 10:28:45 AM »
If the article wasn't on MSNBC I would have thought it bogus.

Part of me thinks that surfing the net can be addictive ... just as video games can.  I sometimes question the amount of time I spend in front of this screen.  :lol:     The reality of living in todays world requires frequent use of the web.  Like any other activity ... it's all about balance.

But, this type of "treatment" is certainly over the top.  Not sure if this is a reflection of their culture or type of government (?).

Quite shocking whatever the reasons ... but I don't suppose they are too big on human rights ... let alone the rights of minors.
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 01:47:50 PM »
I found it noteworthy that they did NOT discuss differences between internet gaming/gambling and more socially oriented perusals...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »
China and a lot of Asian culture is actually the root of a lot of this bullshit...
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »
No.. actually culture has nothing to do with the universal human condition of being moronic enough to fall prey to bullshit.

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:01:59 PM »
Asian chicks are hot!

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:36 PM »
I think he's talking about the Chinese "re-education" schools/camps? and the tactics used by the North Koreans on POWs in the Korean war.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:18:34 PM »
Well maybe we could change the subject?  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 08:26:48 PM »
You mean the same tactics of "re-education" used before all over the world? Take a look at the catholic church and the indoctrination of the native tribes of Central and South America. That is a mere tip of the iceberg.

Re-education has been going on long before the Korean war and hasn't been the exclusive domain of the Yellow Heathens of Asia.  I do remember something about our own American government shipping young Indian children off to boarding schools to make them better Americans.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 08:30:39 PM »
It's not just China. In the US, there is, I shit you not, OLGA. i.e. Online Gamers Anonymous. 12 step for online gaming.

We admitted we were powerless over world of warcraft.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
You mean the same tactics of "re-education" used before all over the world? Take a look at the catholic church and the indoctrination of the native tribes of Central and South America. That is a mere tip of the iceberg.

Re-education has been going on long before the Korean war and hasn't been the exclusive domain of the Yellow Heathens of Asia.  I do remember something about our own American government shipping young Indian children off to boarding schools to make them better Americans.

And don't forget eugenics in America, I remember seeing a documentary about a program (pre-nazi) in America that warehoused morons(no bullshit, they were serious about this term) with the goal of removing their "bad" genes from the American gene pool.

I wish I could remember the name of that documentary, but any way many people look at the specific and systematic thought reform, or brainwashing, models as being started in the east(China, Korea) and extended by us.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 11:54:40 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
It's not just China. In the US, there is, I shit you not, OLGA. i.e. Online Gamers Anonymous. 12 step for online gaming.

We admitted we were powerless over world of warcraft.

I hate WoW

The grind bored me before I got over lvl 12 and I canceled.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 10:48:07 AM »
You youngsters with your fucking games.

I don't play games....  8-)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Quote from: ""Guest""

And don't forget eugenics in America, I remember seeing a documentary about a program (pre-nazi) in America that warehoused morons(no bullshit, they were serious about this term) with the goal of removing their "bad" genes from the American gene pool.

I wish I could remember the name of that documentary, but any way many people look at the specific and systematic thought reform, or brainwashing, models as being started in the east(China, Korea) and extended by us.

Indeed, more on roots of progressive social engineering in the US.
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=20706

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=20706
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700