Author Topic: Class Action Suit  (Read 6597 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« on: April 11, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »
Why hasn't there been a class action suit against the newtons? Can't we all band together and do the two things that need to be done:

1. Bankrupt this man so he doesn't have a penny
2. Put his ass behind bars where it belongs

There have been class action suits against individuals/corporations in the past for abuse. Has anyone previously discussed this on the board?
Can't we all sue like Rebecca did? But instead of individually, we should do it together.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »
According to the attorneys that were at the first conference, you only have one or two years to file after the offense so most of us are screwed in that department. Of course, if you really want to enact some change, get that law reversed that puts a statute of limitations on this kind of stuff. Victimization is victimization and we shouldn't have to contend with a time limit before we are strong enough to face our abuser. But yeah, I wish we could get a class-action suit going! Can you imagine the legion of persons that would come forward?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 08:41:00 PM »
What would we do? Petition congress in NJ? We would have some case!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 08:46:00 PM »
Are you the girl who is writing the book?

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 12:18:00 AM »
Yes I am! You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in giving me your story!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 10:37:00 PM »
Statue of limitations wouldn't apply to our case if we could prove that the damage or incident doesnt fall in the guideline. I have been diagnosed by several profesional with having post traumatic stress disorder, dipression and anxiety attacks. I went into kids at the age of 13-18. I am 31 now and still affected by the child abusers Miller and ruth. I was only a boy and kids abused me sexually, physically, mentally etc............. So if presented by the right attorney, I still live the nightmare today, in my dreams and in situations that remind me. I think a class action suit is very possible.After surviving that monster, we are far more capable than we realize. if interested leave email message response .I will contact you.

Offline fliksta

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »
I want to be involved on behalf of my 2 brothers and one sister who were in that program for too long.  My one brother now suffers from schizophrenia and drug addiction.  My sister has severe post traumatic stress disorder, drug addiction and is with a man who beats her.  My other brother is a pathological liar with a major drug addiction and a temper that cannot be controlled.  I tried to no avail to visit them when they were first in the program.  I could discuss my interview with kids of north jersey with you and the difference between me and most other people is that I have no addictions, nor have I ever been in trouble.  I can tell you about the abuse inflicted on me in that 30 minute interview and how scared I was after that.  I was told if I ever wanted to see them again that I would have to go through their program.  I left that place as fast as I could.  But, it kills me to see my brothers and sister experience the permanent damage left by that place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2003, 01:36:00 PM »
I have spoken with numerous attorney's over a 3 year period regarding a class action lawsuit against Sembler's and Newton.  They all have the same answer....5 years and the statutes of limitations is over.  No way, no how can we pursue this thing.  It angers the hell out of me, but I doubt there is anything we can do.  I advise you not to take my word for it; go see some attorney's yourself.   If you were sexually abused by Newton, then there may be a chance, but that will be very difficult to prove.

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »
What about the possibility of suing him for keeping people in ids despite sexual abuse.  
I know of at least one attempted rape within Kids.
It was strictly "kid-on-kid" (for lack of a better phrase).

It would be decidedly difficult to come up with enough of that sort of thing to put together a class-action suit, however.
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 01:45:00 PM »
I spoke with my lawyer for shits and giggles and if we or someone could get a doctor to testify claiming we had no idea of limitations and damage was caused after kids due to kids then guess what Kids (no pun intended) we got a big ass lawsuit that could run into hundreds of millions of dollars in damages where himself and isurance companies would have to pay including new jersey state. This is no bullshit, look it up you will see that what I am saying is true. Example alter boys who were molested fifteen years ago are now suing for damages,surprise miller your not out of the woods yet.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Class Action Suit
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »
Want to talk about some deeeeep pockets to go after?

http://fornits.com/anonanon/drug-free-a ... l-2001.htm

Please let me know if your lawyer gets excited about this. If there was a good chance of cutting off this kind of public funding, mandate, etc., I'd be willing to throw my hat in the ring, regardless of the prospects for a cash pay-off.

Our country has deliberately undertaken a great social and economic experimanet, noble in motive and far-reaching in purpose. [The Eighteenth Amendment, enacting Prohibition.]
Letter to Senator W.H. Borah
--Herbert Hoover (Feb 28, 1928)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline nycappie

• View Profile
    • http://www.palmerboyz.com
Class Action Suit
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »
I'm in.  I could right a book on how the brain washing I recieved in KIDS caused me to stay out there on the streets for years.  I was more susceptible to their brainwashing bcause I had a serious problem when I came in and wanted a better life.  Who knew...  They taught me how alright... :???:

Craig Palmer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 08:39:00 AM »
You could "right" a book or "write" a book?  (KVNY) :wink:

Offline fartoogone

• View Profile
Class Action Suit
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 11:08:00 PM »
and cute too

tt

Offline nycappie

• View Profile
    • http://www.palmerboyz.com
Class Action Suit
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »
I think I could write a book...  Thanks, Kay.

CP