Author Topic: The future of LifeStep  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
The future of LifeStep
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:48:57 AM »
During my research of Aspen Ranch, ASR og Copper Canyon I have discovered that Lifestep has been abandoned at ASR.

Detainees from Aspen Ranch has to go to Copper Canyon for the Marathon seminars and it is only those person, who is "working the program", who is tormented with the ordeal.

According to a press-release ASR made that the decision to abandon Lifestep in order to achieve better results.

Why did the rest of the facilities not go in the same direction. Why continue to use a less efficiend method?

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_at_Swift_River
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_Canyon_Academy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 03:05:32 PM »
oh my god....maybe they just realized that what they were doing might have been wrong and decided to try something else.  what is so hard to believe about this.  i mean you down the Lifesteps over and over and when it appears they feel the same way instead of seeing what comes about you stil lhave to down them.  i don;t get it!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »
Can't remember where I read it (someone help me out here), but ASR is indeed carrying on with the LGAT marathons, only they're calling it someting else and claim it has been "refined."

Same shit, different name...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Press release
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 04:01:32 PM »
I found this press release from the marketing firm of the industry.

http://www.strugglingteens.com/artman/p ... 5437.shtml

How should I interpret this press release? It was not meant for us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 04:02:25 PM »
Don't interpret it. It's ass-covering nonsense.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: Press release
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""

Wasn't meant for us, but is definitely a response to their critics. You can interpret it as an attempt to sway the public/ed cons/etc to believe that they're changing their ways. Apparently trying to move away from the reputation of employing CEDUs experimental methods. Trying to present the program as softer and more therapeutic. The methods would have to be described by a survivor and scrutinized before it can be determined if they are evidence based or not.
What's relevant is that they're admitting that the methods they "previously employed" (wink,wink) were unethical, weren't evidence-based, and harmful.
They also brought an industry gal on board to do 'research' of their facilities (Behrens), and there's plenty about that scam on Fornits. Just search Behrens.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Press release
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 06:14:25 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""Covergaard""

Wasn't meant for us, but is definitely a response to their critics. You can interpret it as an attempt to sway the public/ed cons/etc to believe that they're changing their ways. Apparently trying to move away from the reputation of employing CEDUs experimental methods. Trying to present the program as softer and more therapeutic. The methods would have to be described by a survivor and scrutinized before it can be determined if they are evidence based or not.
What's relevant is that they're admitting that the methods they "previously employed" (wink,wink) were unethical, weren't evidence-based, and harmful.
They also brought an industry gal on board to do 'research' of their facilities (Behrens), and there's plenty about that scam on Fornits. Just search Behrens.

"Psychodrama" and "Sociometry" are the junk sciences of psychology.  The methods are not mainstream and success in treatment has never been proven.

These topics get, at best, maybe one college course to cover both along with a few other "experimental" methods.  Mostly these methods are taught at "training institutes" :roll: and not any bona-fide colleges.

If someone can provide clinical trial results, I'd like to see those.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 11:32:30 AM »
Well, here's the irony.
They issued this press release, "Lifesteps or Mis-steps" in Oct stating the methods previously used were potentially damaging AFTER Behren's "long-term study" was released in Aug attempting to show efficacy.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=215887#215887
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »
It appears (to me) that ASR, like many schools and businesses, react to the findings and studies, as they come to light, and use this as an opportunity to improve and grow.  
I have always been a  firm believer that the ability to recognize short comings in ones own businesses? process and adjust quickly is key (and in my opinion is fundamental) to the success and long term survival of any business.  To step up and say ?This doesn?t appear to be working as well as we would like? and then ?change it? and implement a new strategy shows business integrity, Professional courage and confidence in their commitment to helping these children.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
You idiot.
The appropriate analogy here is that, following a year-long study, a report is presented to the shareholders claiming that the business model was excellent, all was good, profits up.
Two months later, it's reported that the business model is flawed at it's very core and will be restructured.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
You idiot.
The appropriate analogy here is that, following a year-long study, a report is presented to the shareholders claiming that the business model was excellent, all was good, profits up.
Two months later, it's reported that the business model is flawed at it's very core and will be restructured.

Patience and educating others doesn?t seem to be a strong point with you??
So harsh, Deborah !!  They are restructuring ?.every company I have ever had business dealings with (that have been successful) has restructured from time to time.  Beware of the ones that don?t change with the times as new information/technology come to light, they will not grow or thrive, because they cant (or wont) see the larger picture.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »
You're a dope.  The research that LGATs were harmful has been around since the 60's.  This place was using an already debunked method for years knowing full well what the research showed.  

Now that people are hip to what LGATs are, they have to change the name to "psychodrama" which is equally debunked and should never be performed by anyone not explicitly trained in its methods and even as practiced by those people it is shown to be ineffective and possibly damaging.  New name, same concept.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
You're a dope.  The research that LGATs were harmful has been around since the 60's.  This place was using an already debunked method for years knowing full well what the research showed.  

Now that people are hip to what LGATs are, they have to change the name to "psychodrama" which is equally debunked and should never be performed by anyone not explicitly trained in its methods and even as practiced by those people it is shown to be ineffective and possibly damaging.  New name, same concept.

....."Advances, however, in our understanding of trauma, the adolescent brain and disorders of affect regulation have correspondingly led to more judicious applications of expressive therapies. These understandings have played a key role in Swift River's implementation of an evidenced based clinical model...............................................Psychodramatic methods can be very powerful, however, when misapplied can create the risk of harm especially for certain adolescent populations.

Press release 10/24/2006"

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »
Advances, however, in our understanding of trauma, the adolescent brain and disorders of affect regulation have correspondingly led to more judicious applications of expressive therapies.

Advances?  This has been widely known since the 60's!

Is ASR lying or incompetent?  It's got to be one of the two!
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
The future of LifeStep
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 04:58:40 PM »
Just stop arguing with him already?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."