Author Topic: Gardasil: Mandatory Vaccinations for PreTeen Girls in Tx  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Gardasil: Mandatory Vaccinations for PreTeen Girls in Tx
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:38:14 PM »
Here is a recent bed check in Texas to see who is sleeping with who and how much they are getting paid to do so . . . AMAZING what will be done for profit anymore!

My neighbor is a retired oncology nurse who told me just months ago that in her entire career she never saw anyone die of cancer. That was not because they were cured, but because they all died of the chemo or radiation long before they could die of the cancer. Now, to that add the fact that this past year was the first year in fifteen years of existence that the National Cancer Society has been able to claim ANY progress in their battle against cancer. And the rate of progress they claim after 15 years is a whopping 1%!!!!

Who would want anything to do with a success rate of 1%, especially when it took them 15 years to get even that?? And now, with the governor of Texas mandating a vaccine for a virus that is hypothesized to cause one form of cancer, I would say it is time for everyone in Texas to either put their children in a private school or home school their children!

I honestly never dreamed I would witness in my lifetime anything so blatant by the drug companies! Seriously . . . they must obviously believe they now have medicated enough of the population with antidepressants, which the patients taking them have dubbed the "I don't give a damn drugs," that they think can get away with anything!!! Their motto: "Drug society into apathy and see what you can slip by them!" At $350 per girl for this vaccine series it will certainly bring in the profits!!

I would hope that the entire state of Texas rises up in rebellion against
this, because it is yet another sign of blatant forced medicating of the entire population - like the Hep B vaccine for babies is.

Am I to believe that every young girl in Texas is sexually active and in
need of this vaccine?

And are we suppose to believe that all newborn babies are sexually active or use IV drugs before birth - since those are the only ways you get Hepatitis B for which they now vaccinate all babies? [Hep A soon to be mandatory]

How clear it is that to drug companies we are nothing more than dollar signs from the minute we are born to the minute we die. Come to think of it, they now start making money off of us long before birth and continue on even after death.

Dr. Ann Blake Tracy, Executive Director,
International Coalition for Drug Awareness
_www.drugawareness.org_ ( http://www.drugawareness.org/ ) and author of Prozac: Panacea or Pandora? - Our Serotonin Nightmare and audio Help! I Can't Get Off My Antidepressant!
(Order Number: 800-280-0730)

Perry has ties to Merck and Women in Government. One of the drug company's three lobbyists in Texas is Mike Toomey, Perry's former chief of staff. His current chief of staff's mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi, is a state director for Women in Government.

The New Jersey-based drug company could generate billions in sales if
Gardasil - at $360 for the three-shot regimen - were made mandatory across the country. Most insurance companies now cover the vaccine, which has been shown to have no serious side effects.

Merck spokeswoman Janet Skidmore would not say how much the company is spending on lobbyists or how much it has donated to Women in Government. Susan Crosby, the group's president, also declined to specify how much the drug company gave.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a ... 109990001_

Updated:2007-02-02 23:29:31

Texas Requires Anti-Cancer Vaccine for Girls
By LIZ AUSTIN PETERSON AP
AUSTIN, Texas (Feb. 2) - Bypassing the Legislature altogether, Republican  Gov. Rick Perry issued an order Friday making Texas the
first state to require that schoolgirls get vaccinated against the sexually
transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer.

Mandatory Vaccination

More Coverage: _Vaccine's Cost Hurdles_
( http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/c ... 3909990021 )

Talk About It: _Post Thoughts_
( http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/ ... 787&func=3 )

By employing an executive order, Perry sidestepped opposition in the
Legislature from conservatives and parents' rights groups who fear such a
requirement would condone premarital sex and interfere with the way Texans raise their children.

Beginning in September 2008, girls entering the sixth grade - meaning,
generally, girls ages 11 and 12 - will have to receive Gardasil, Merck & Co.'s new vaccine against strains of the human papillomavirus, or HPV.

Perry also directed state health authorities to make the vaccine available
free to girls 9 to 18 who are uninsured or whose insurance does not cover
vaccines. In addition, he ordered that Medicaid offer Gardasil to women ages 19 to 21.

Perry, a conservative Christian who opposes abortion and stem-cell research using embryonic cells, counts on the religious right for his political base.  But he has said the cervical cancer vaccine is no different from the one that protects children against polio.

"The HPV vaccine provides us with an incredible opportunity to effectively
target and prevent cervical cancer," Perry said.

Merck is bankrolling efforts to pass state laws across the country mandating Gardasil for girls as young as 11 or 12. It doubled its lobbying budget in Texas and has funneled money through Women in Government, an advocacy group made up of female state legislators around the country.

Perry has ties to Merck and Women in Government. One of the drug company's three lobbyists in Texas is Mike Toomey, Perry's former chief of staff. His current chief of staff's mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi, is a state director for Women in Government.

The governor also received $6,000 from Merck's political action committee during his re-election campaign.

The order is effective until Perry or a successor changes it, and the
Legislature has no authority to repeal it, said Perry spokeswoman Krista Moody. Moody said the Texas Constitution permits the governor, as head of the executive branch, to order other members of the executive branch to adopt rules like this one.

Legislative aides said they are looking for ways around the order for
parents who oppose it.

"He's circumventing the will of the people," said Dawn Richardson, president of Parents Requesting Open Vaccine Education, a citizens group that fought for the right to opt out of other vaccine requirements. "There are bills filed. There's no emergency except in the boardrooms of Merck, where this is failing to gain the support that they had expected."

Texas allows parents to opt out of inoculations by filing an affidavit
objecting to the vaccine on religious or philosophical reasons. Even with such provisions, however, conservative groups say such requirements interfere with parents' rights to make medical decisions for their children.

The federal government approved Gardasil in June, and a government advisory panel has recommended that all girls get the shots at 11 and 12, before they are likely to be sexually active.

The New Jersey-based drug company could generate billions in sales if
Gardasil - at $360 for the three-shot regimen - were made mandatory across the country. Most insurance companies now cover the vaccine, which has been shown to have no serious side effects.

Merck spokeswoman Janet Skidmore would not say how much the company is spending on lobbyists or how much it has donated to Women in Government. Susan Crosby, the group's president, also declined to specify how much the drug company gave.

A top official from Merck's vaccine division sits on Women in Government's business council, and many of the bills around the country have been introduced by members of Women in Government.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP
news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
~~~~~
MSNBC - vote on shot against human papillomavirus Texas governor bypasses citizens and legislators and orders STD vaccine for all girls

Scroll down here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16948093/wi ... 3?GT1=9033

until you see "Vote"

Should a state require that schoolgirls get the shot against human
papillomavirus? * 22493 responses

No, parents should decide whether or not their daughters are vaccinated.
65%

Yes, the vaccine is best for girls' health.
32%

I don't know.
3.2%
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 08:28:04 AM »
This vaccine hasn't been around a long time.   The fact that there appear to be no serious side effects does not mean that there aren't any.  Moreover, there are other causes for cervical cancer, although HBV is a major one.

I have a big issue with certain aspects of the vaccine industry to begin with.  The amount of vaccines now required for a child's first 6 years of life is unprecedented.  There has been no research determining what happens to a child's immune system when it is required to accommodate all these additional onslaughts on such a tight schedule.  It is not necessarily the vaccines themselves that I have a problem with.  It is the number per visit and the age of the child.  Some kids' immune system need a little more time.  And some vaccines... I'd like to be able to research them a bit more thoroughly and see what my options are.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 09:02:50 AM »
This was really rushed to market and the long-term effects are unknown
and untested. Too small of a sample and too hasty. By making it mandatory, it in effect is forcing young children to be lab rats to help make a profit for the drug company.
Thalidomide, Vioxx, Ephedra are all recent examples of drugs that had
adverse effects.

Group Says Gardasil May Be Dangerous And Expensive As a Mandatory
Treatment
http://yedies.blogspot.com/2007/02/your ... k-and.html
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »
Okay, here are the parts that really get me going:
This was really rushed to market and the long-term effects are unknown and untested. Too small of a sample and too hasty. By making it mandatory, it in effect is forcing young children to be lab rats to help make a profit for the drug company.
"The most frequent serious health events after GARDASIL shots are neurological symptoms," said NVIC Health Policy Analyst Vicky Debold, RN, Ph.D.
Merck also states that "The duration of immunity
following a complete schedule of immunization with GARDASIL has not
been established."

Also, the lack of empirical data re. co-administration with other vaccines (routinely done, rarely studied).  And the fact that routine pap smears and examinations will pick it up.

And here is another thought:  Are boys required by the State of Texas to subject themselves to vaccination?  Granted, they have no cervix, but I imagine there are other complications from HBV...

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Are boys required by the State of Texas to subject themselves to vaccination?  Granted, they have no cervix, but I imagine there are other complications from HBV...

Haven't heard anything about boys, course they're all on Kiddie Cocaine for ADD, which more times than not leads to a dx/rx for BiPolar when they hit the teen years.
I wonder about the girls who are having neurological problems. Are they permanent, require ongoing meds?
Another generation of kids who will be dependent on some form of drugs the rest of their lives.
What a scam, and the sheeple buy right in to it.   :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »
Rush jobs getting vacs out to the public always give me the willies.  Look at what happened to SV40 contamination of the oral polio vaccine in the 1950's.  Here's a link to get you started.  I'm having problems with Safari at the moment and if I cut-and-paste the whole page, my computer will probably crash.  But there's plenty more info out there about this, I originally learned of this a few years ago on another site.

http://www.viewzone.com/sv40.html

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 04:04:48 PM »
Right. And why would they rush this vaccine, which doesn't appear to be necessary for this age group. It's not like there's an epidemic going around.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 05:21:29 PM »
I think we all know the answer to THAT one...  $$$$$$
KA - CHING!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 04:15:21 PM »
Ready for your spooky bedtime story? K, good.

When I was in Straight, they were or tried to be purists about the anti drug thing. You'd have to be literally dying to even see a doctor to get any kind of medication. The rule about otc meds being approved by staff was a laugh riot; they weren't going to approve anything without a fight. Except one thing. Sudafed. Then handed those out like skittles.

That was just about the time they were getting all organized and compartmentalized under Sembler Company management to have such a lofty position as Medical Research Director. Donald Ian MacDonald was the first of these:

When Clearwater, Florida pediatrician Donald Ian McDonald placed his boy Andy in Straight in 1979 he became a natural target for Straight. He was recruited as Straight's National Research Director. When McDonald later spoke at a PRIDE conference he gave credit to Father Newton. In 1982 McDonald served with Robert DuPont on NIDA's Workgroup on Marijuana Abuse in Adolescence. After Carlton Turner Ronald Reagan selected Straight's Donald Ian McDonald for Drug Czar. Later Donald Ian McDonald admitted that most of what he learned about drug addiction he learned from Straight's Dr. George Ross with whom he had breakfast at George Bush's White House on March 2, 1988.

http://www.thestraights.com/gop.htm *

*I assisted Wes w/ wording and formatting on this article, but I haven't checked many of the facts. He's usually pretty thorough, ain't been sued yet to the best of my knowledge. But once in awhile new or better information turns up. Please contact Wes if you find any errors. And be gentle. He's an old, old man!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 03:27:48 PM »
This which is not prohibited is compulsory.

> Newshawk: JimmyG
> Pubdate: Sun, 11 Feb 2007
> Source: Independent on Sunday (UK)
> Copyright: Independent Newspapers (UK) Ltd.
> Contact: http://www.independent.co.uk/
> Details: http://www.mapinc.org/media/208
> Author: Sophie Goodchild, Chief Reporter
>
> SPECIAL K: KETAMINE BREAKTHROUGH IN TREATING DEPRESSION
>
> Ketamine is the fastest growing drug on the dance scene, the chemical
> of choice for tens of thousands of clubbers.
>
> But the class C drug, which is abused for its hallucinogenic effects,
> is now being hailed by scientists as a breakthrough treatment for
> severe depressives.
>
> New research has found that patients who have failed to respond to
> more conventional drugs can be cured of depression within as little
> as two hours with an injection of ketamine. A study by the National
> Institute of Mental Health in Maryland found that in a third of cases
> the mood-lifting effects of the horse tranquilliser, known as Special
> K on the street, lasted at least a week.
>
> This compares with prescription antidepressants that can take up to
> eight weeks to have any positive impact on patients who are hard to
> treat. Experts say that it could pave the way for a new class of
> faster and longer-acting medications.
>

Strikes me how, no matter how many trillions we spend or how much upset we cause or how many young dark complected males we put in cages to try and prohibit them, the free market continues to pick the best, most effective and least harmful drugs while the compulsory, authoritarian mechanism continues to pretty reliably fuck up in that regard.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 01:08:24 PM »
Sydney Morning Herald, May 22, 2007 01:18pm
Australian FEDERAL Health Minister Tony Abbott and health authorities
have urged parents not to panic over reports that dozens of teenage
girls have been sickened by a new cervical cancer vaccine.
In one case being investigated, a girl was left temporarily paralysed
and unable to talk after receiving the Australian-developed Gardasil
vaccine.
Health authorities deny the cases are directly related to the immunisation.
Federal Health Minister Tony Abbott and doctors urged parents not to
panic, saying the benefits outweighed the small risk of side effects.
Mr Abbott said risks were taken seriously but there was no evidence of a
serious problem with the vaccine.
Schoolgirls across Australia are being immunised with the breakthrough
Gardasil, developed by Professor Ian Frazer.
Australian Medical Association president Mukesh Haikerwal said it was
important girls were still vaccinated.
"We have got for the first time a vaccine that prevents cancer," Dr
Haikerwal said.
Sacred Heart Girls' College student Natasha D'Souza was treated after
she was temporarily paralysed and unable to talk for hours after her
injection at the Oakleigh school on May 7.
The Royal Children's Hospital said the vaccine was not to blame and
tests on the girl were continuing today.
Natasha D'Souza was one of seven Victorian students taken to hospital
after vaccinations this month. Most fainted or complained of feeling dizzy.
Sacred Heart Girls' College principal Christopher Dalton said today that
26 girls were taken to the school sick bay after injections.
Five were taken to the Monash Medical Centre, but hospital staff ruled
out vaccine complications.
"It is not uncommon for girls of this age group to react to vaccinations
in ways that are not necessarily physical in origin," Mr Dalton said.
The school will press ahead with more vaccinations next month.
Parents' permission is sought before students line up for shots, which
is given in three doses over six months.
Hundreds of girls in the US have reported reactions such as temporary
paralysis, fainting and broken bones from falling over after receiving
the shot.
It is claimed Gardasil protects against strains of the human papilloma
virus, or HPV, that leads to most cervical cancers.

The Australian
Cancer jab puts girls in hospital
Richard Kerbaj and Cath Hart
23may07
FOUR secondary-school girls were rushed to hospital this month after
having a reaction to the vaccination that immunises against cervical cancer.
The four students from Melbourne's Sacred Heart Girls College were among
20 who reported sick following the Gardasil injection.
But health authorities and the vaccine's co-creator, Australian of the
Year Ian Frazer, yesterday defended the immunisation program, saying
symptoms such as dizziness and fainting often followed injections,
particularly with groups.
The Gardasil national immunisation program is a multi-million-dollar
federal initiative to vaccinate every schoolgirl aged between 12 and 18.
On May 7, 720 students at the Sacred Heart college were vaccinated with
Gardasil.
Two of the four girls who went to hospital were checked and discharged
immediately, while the other two remained overnight for observation.
One of the students who was hospitalised, Natasha D'Souza, said she
collapsed and was left paralysed for six hours after being injected.
"I couldn't move at all," she said. "There were girls dropping like
flies, basically."
Natasha said her reaction was different from other vaccinations she had
been given.
Federal Health Minister Tony Abbott asked department officials to
investigate the reports from the school, but said he was confident
Gardasil was safe.
"A lot of people who get vaccinated report some immediate after-effects,
but the after-effects are very rarely serious and the benefits of the
vaccination are very important," Mr Abbott said.
Professor Frazer said it was common for vaccinations to cause temporary
adverse reactions such as headaches.
"I would reassure people that, yes, fainting can occur, but it's
avoidable and most commonly occurs in group vaccinations," the
University of Queensland immunologist said.
"It's not a phenomenon that goes with Gardasil - it's a phenomenon that
goes with injections in general."
College headmaster Christopher Dalton said: "It's not uncommon for girls
of this age group to react to vaccinations in ways that are not
necessarily physical in origin."

Some interesting facts about Gardasil
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/janak/070227

Gardasil killed 3 girls and caused problems with 18 pregnant women.
http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007 ... e_gar.html

Judicial Watch uncovers deaths
http://www.judicialwatch.org/6299.shtml

HPV Vaccine Gardasil Kills 3 Girls: Report Is "Catalog Of Horrors"
By Jill Farrell
May 28, 2007

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released documents obtained from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act regarding the female vaccine Gardasil.

Event reports obtained from the FDA detailed three deaths related to the vaccination for human papillomavirus (HPV) Gardasil, and 1,637 reports of adverse reactions.

One physician's assistant reported that a female patient "died of a blood clot three hours after getting the Gardasil vaccine."  Two other reports, on girls 12 and 19, reported deaths relating to heart problems and/or blood clotting.  

As of May 11, 2007, the 1,637 adverse vaccination reactions reported to the FDA via the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) included 371 serious reactions.  Of the 42 women who received the vaccine while pregnant, 18 experienced side effects ranging from spontaneous abortion to fetal abnormities.  

Side effects published by Merck & Co. warn the public about potential pain, fever, nausea, dizziness and itching after receiving the vaccine.  Indeed, 77% of the adverse reactions reported are typical side effects to vaccinations.  But other more serious side effects reported include paralysis, Bells Palsy, Guillain-Barre Syndrome (a disorder in which the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system), and seizures.  

"The FDA adverse event reports on the HPV vaccine read like a catalog of horrors," stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.  "Any state or local government now beset by Merck's lobbying campaigns to mandate this HPV vaccine for young girls ought to take a look at these adverse health reports.  It looks as if an unproven vaccine with dangerous side effects is being pushed as a miracle drug."

Judicial Watch filed its request on May 9, 2007, and received the adverse event reports from the FDA on May 15, 2007.  Judicial Watch has posted the adverse event reports on their Internet site at: here

A recent study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, also questioned the general effectiveness of Gardasil.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 10:26:40 AM »
It is rare that i would agree with tony "i pay ppl to lie for jesus" Abbott but in this case he is right to discourage hysteria. A single adverse reaction and 3 girls with mild nausea does not mean that this potentially life saving vaccine is not a very worthwhile thing to have. Especially when you consider that around the country girls were lining up for this vaccination and apparently only 4 got sick. it is also worth considering that girls here are also routinely vaccinated for rubella at around the same age and there is usually someone who goes home nauseaus.

Given that parents are made fully aware of any potential side effects and given the option to ban their girls from being vaccinated, coupled with the fact that school sick bays around the country are well staffed with nurses on vaccination day and any side effects are closely monitored, I would say young women should be encouraged to take the opportunity to be vaccinated for free. All four of those girls were well enough to return to school within the week.

it is also worth bearing in mind that Australia's approach to allowing new drugs and vaccinations is ridiculously conservative. While my American and Canadian brethren are chowing down on FDA approved pills like they are lollies and not keeling over and dying, I am waiting the million years or so it takes in Australia before our somewhat uptight beauracracy approves many new drugs. So when a vaccination is finally approved and funded to the point that everyone gets it for free I usually feel pretty confident that awful side effects are gonna be pretty rare.

An interesting sideline note and i am trying to find the link. The only private school which said no to allowing its girls to have school based access to gardrisil was some crazy fundamentalist christian school who beleived immunisation agaisnt cervical cancer lead to sexual promiscuity.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 11:12:06 AM »
School-age boys are now being advised to get vaccinated with Gardasil, Merck’s cervical cancer vaccine, according to mainstream media reports. Previously, the vaccine was only recommended for girls.

The new male recommendation is based on the notion that boys could get throat cancer if they have oral sex with an HPV-infected girl.

According to some, however, recommending Gardasil to boys is little more than a scare campaign aimed at gaining market share from teenage boys.

Even the advice to give mandatory Gardasil vaccinations to young girls is simply disease mongering designed to sell vaccines. This is because girls who have HPV do not automatically get cervical cancer.

Girls who have healthy immune systems, and who lead healthy lifestyles, have little risk of developing cervical cancer from HPV. It is only girls who have compromised immune systems that may be vulnerable.

Medicine Net May 18, 2007

Comment by Dr Mercola
This could be a new low for the pharmaceutical companies, recommending a vaccine for boys that’s designed for a body part they do not have. It is my belief that this is an obvious and reprehensible attempt to sell more of their ineffective and potentially dangerous Gardasil vaccine.

After all, if Merck pulls this off, they will have doubled Gardasil’s target market, with a corresponding doubling of their profits as well.

Let’s face it. The topic of cancer can be a highly emotionally charged event with potentially devastating consequences. Drug companies are EXPERTS in understanding how to manipulate these negative emotions to their advantage. They employ some of the most effective marketers on the planet and know full well how to maximize these fears to their advantage.

This is an important decision, and if you have not carefully studied it, and are responsible for making the decision for yourself or for your children, then I would implore you to spend serious time CAREFULLY analyzing both sides of the argument. A wrong decision could have absolutely devastating consequences for you and your children.

You can use the links on my Favorites Page to start your journey.  
http://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines/links.htm

Once you carefully study the evidence you will understand that the boys who receive the proposed Gardasil vaccine will begin to experience side effects, just as their female peers did.
http://tinyurl.com/2ryva3

Fear Drives Profits Up

Unfortunately, the effectiveness of the drug company’s marketing campaign is such that the majority of the public will believe this new campaign on how to “protectâ€

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 09:15:03 AM »
And here I was, snickering somewhat facetiously back in February, hopelessly naive...
Quote from: ""Ursus""
And here is another thought: Are boys required by the State of Texas to subject themselves to vaccination? Granted, they have no cervix, but I imagine there are other complications from HBV...
Never underestimate the monetary incentives that drive Big Pharma...

Kudos to Dr. Mercola for having the balls to take a stand:
Quote from: ""Dr. Mercola""
This could be a new low for the pharmaceutical companies, recommending a vaccine for boys that’s designed for a body part they do not have. It is my belief that this is an obvious and reprehensible attempt to sell more of their ineffective and potentially dangerous Gardasil vaccine.

After all, if Merck pulls this off, they will have doubled Gardasil’s target market, with a corresponding doubling of their profits as well.

There are some interesting links on Dr. Mercola's site; I especially appreciated the reference made to the differences in different vaccine strategies, which is sadly under explained to the public in layman's terms...

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »
When will they learn....

I hope the new FDA bill passed will restrict how these guys market their products. It's gross the cereal companies face heaps of shit over ads with cartoon tigers and drug companies can get away with clear misinformation and fear mongering campaigns to sell drugs.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]