Author Topic: Inside the head of a shithead parent  (Read 25875 times)

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
Inside the head of a shithead parent
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2007, 07:26:52 AM »
Agreed, chores are work, work gets you pay, on one hand a parent will take away any allownace because they're child isn't doing chores, so how is it fair not to give them financial gain for doing the work, if they messed up elsewhere, like they outrun their curfew, they get punished in a different way for that one, like having to stay in the next night for example.

If kids learn that they won't get paid/rewarded for work in younger years, why would anyone expect them to go get a job as there's no reward in working for it ? it's a simple life skill.

As for wa wa wa you sent me to a program without finding out i was about to be dehydrated, starved for being unable to build a fire, jumped on by 20 fat guys, yep, I'd be pretty pissed off too....
it'd be more wa wa wa why did you bring me into this world if you couldn't take the fight that parenting brings with it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
Agreed, chores are work, work gets you pay, on one hand a parent will take away any allownace because they're child isn't doing chores, so how is it fair not to give them financial gain for doing the work, if they messed up elsewhere, like they outrun their curfew, they get punished in a different way for that one, like having to stay in the next night for example.

If kids learn that they won't get paid/rewarded for work in younger years, why would anyone expect them to go get a job as there's no reward in working for it ? it's a simple life skill.

As for wa wa wa you sent me to a program without finding out i was about to be dehydrated, starved for being unable to build a fire, jumped on by 20 fat guys, yep, I'd be pretty pissed off too....
it'd be more wa wa wa why did you bring me into this world if you couldn't take the fight that parenting brings with it

If a child is interested in playing baseball  there is no shame in getting outside help to teach him further skills if the parent has done all they can to teach them.  It doesn?t mean the parent doesn?t have the fight in them to do it or they are bad parents.  It doesn?t make sense for the parent to go to baseball camp and then come back and teach the child, much can be lost in translation.  The most effective way is to match the child directly with the professional.  Although I do agree the parent would be very highly regarded if he took the summer off from work to attend baseball camp for the soul purpose of helping his child, but most parents couldn?t do this.

Many kids at Wilderness or TBS have siblings who are doing fine, making great choices and moving down a healthy path, but some children require extra/professional help.  If the parent was checked out or doing a lousy job then it would be reflected in all his children.  As I have mentioned in previous posts the root cause can vary from family to family, child to child.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »
You mean that all any of us needed was to go to baseball camp? FUCK! I could be hitting homers now.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
You mean that all any of us needed was to go to baseball camp? FUCK! I could be hitting homers now.

Yea...I hear ya.......plus getting paid $5,000,000 a year!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 10:10:13 AM »
but some children require extra/professional help

No matter how many times you imply that there are any children out there who need this crap, it doesn't make it true.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 10:24:28 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
but some children require extra/professional help

No matter how many times you imply that there are any children out there who need this crap, it doesn't make it true.

I think you will have an equally tough time convincing anyone that all these schools are the same and abuse kids, it just isnt true, which makes it a tough sell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »
Yes they are. Every single one. Especially incredibly abusive shitpits like ASR.

This is because the techniques used as "therapy" are themselves abusive. Hey Who, did you know that every single member of the Green Berets is a professional killer? Not just most of them, every single one. That's what we pay them for. Same way here. Like every other programmed parent there is, you shelled out big money to have your daughter hurt, because that's what behavior modification is, despite your laughable attempts to redefine the term.

Despite what other organizations the programmies might try to cuddle up with to include in "the industry", they are not included.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 11:07:48 AM »
If I sell faith healing services to cancer patients, is that abuse? Not according to who, even if my mismanagement of their care, kills them in the end. As long as nobody is getting abused, right.. whistle down the street, nothing to see here.. its not quackery or a cult, no this is legitimate. Put your hands on my stomach and I will cure your cancer, five thousand cash upfront. Any takers?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
Yes they are. Every single one. Especially incredibly abusive shitpits like ASR.

This is because the techniques used as "therapy" are themselves abusive. Hey Who, did you know that every single member of the Green Berets is a professional killer? Not just most of them, every single one. That's what we pay them for. Same way here. Like every other programmed parent there is, you shelled out big money to have your daughter hurt, because that's what behavior modification is, despite your laughable attempts to redefine the term.

Despite what other organizations the programmies might try to cuddle up with to include in "the industry", they are not included.

Yes, they are put on bans and reflections.  They break the rules they lose ?movie night? or the right to leave campus, self study etc.
I didn?t see anyone being hurt by illegal restraints, rapes, high suicide rate or reports of lots of kids running away.  I didn?t see any process in place designed to hurt the kids.

I didn?t see any questions about how good it felt to spend an afternoon in the pool or in the gym.  How much fun they had on their off campus nights or trip to Costa Rica, friends they made , games they played during their down time etc.

The Green Berets are trained to kill,yes.  It is in the training process, some make it through others do not because it doesn?t work for them.  A TBS is designed to help kids, everyone of them!!  Some can not be reached others have bad experiences and therefore are not helped.  But the intent and design is there and it works.  You cant judge the entire industry based on a few failures, bad counselors a dentist who screwed up someones braces.  ASR doesn?t even have a dentist, the local dentists work directly with the parents.
If a group of people try hard enough they can make any industry look bad but as long as the industry is adding value to the people who utilize it  the industry will thrive.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
Kids aren't typically murdered in baseball camp by their coaches for refusing to do something. Happens in TBS's all the time.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Kids aren't typically murdered in baseball camp by their coaches for refusing to do something. Happens in TBS's all the time.

Murder occurs all the time at TBS's???.Hmmmmm , okay

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=20505

Yes, it does happen on a fairly regular basis.

I think you forgot to mention painful joint holds as punishment in Aspen facilities, Who.  Sort of just skipped over that one, huh?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2007, 12:42:07 PM »
Yes Cindy, just because you took right to your programming and brainwashing doesnt mean the rest of us bought into it.

Just like after your cult leaders murder someone and then try to call it something else (sickle cell anyone?) doesnt change the fact that the kids were murdered.

Its time for you to wake up Cindy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Hmmm....I wonder how well it would go over if a parent responded:

Wa,Wa,Wa,  my parents sent me to wilderness camp for 3 weeks and they took away my ipod and cd collection and made me remove my jewelry.  I had to do exercise every day and cook my own food,  wa,wa,wa,  and then I had to talk about my feelings?wa,wa,wa??I will get even and make up stories about how evil the place is and tell how everyone abuses the kids and I will get these places shut down?  Wa,Wa,Wa,?.. every time I screw up in life I can always blame my parents for sending me to wilderness?wa,wa,wa,

You sound like an idiot who's never set foot in a program.  :rofl:

Actually I think this is the twat who left awhile back to set up her own concentration camp.  Guess it failed.  Hope she lost a lot of money

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »
Its time for you to wake up Cindy

...or to take a dirt nap...  either way.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control