Author Topic: Breaking my heart  (Read 22489 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Breaking my heart
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »
This is breaking my heart
Yes, she takes meds for the depression, anxiety, etc. so thankfully, she is not self-medicating at this point. She does not bond well with others so no boyfriend issues per se other than the fact that she is dying for love and obsessed with finding it in whatever boy will pay attention to her. I feel that she needs a place that is "good at working with kids who need some help with emotional issues" first and foremost. She will not cooperate here in town with counseling. We have tried and tried. I will check into St. Margaret's nonetheless. I also have an appointment to talk with Big Creek Ranch in Arkansas. Thank you for your insight.
Psy- She needs more help (emotionally) than she allows here. It's time for an intervention so to speak even though there are no obvious outward signs of total destruction. i.c. drugs, alcohol, sex, etc. Her issues run deep. I feel that it is more important to help with those than move head on into college, even though she is college material. Thanks for your help.

No problems to speak of, but the woman still thinks her kid needs an EGBS.  I don't know what i can say to convince her not to do this...  I saw so many kids like these at benchmark, and they were systematically destroyed.  They were hollowed out...

Also, any information on "Big Creek Ranch" in Arkensas would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
*clicks link* "AAAH!! ST!" *closes window* ST is the new Goatse.

You can't make these tards realize reality, Psy. Did you invite her to Fornits?

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »
Milk don't call this parent a tard, she/he is desperate because they're child is unhappy, you don't know how terrible that feeling is

I agree tho that if Psy could get her to come over here, even to just read what is being said .........

i'd have to say to this parent, that a child with emmotional issues that are running this deep, needs to be at home, not sent away, if she's finding love wherever, however, the issues begin at home, sending her away is going to make her feel more 'unloved'
Lots of girls find love through opening their legs - sorry to be so blunt, but that's what they think they're doing
being at home, with family who are tirelesly chipping away at her low self esteem and showing she is wanted around will eventually bring her back into the fold, the girl has no self worth, she needs her family to constantly show her they love her no matter what, she will eventually realise she's worth more than that - she will stil sleep around, play about, all the parents can do is advise her & keep her as safe as possible while she carries on like this

The poster says she needs to address these issues rather than worry about college, that's a good sign, let her have a gap year and really work on what's bothering her .... i don't know what else to say, I hope she's reading this, it's a long road, I know, I've walked it, and although I have a long long way to go, my persistence is paying off big time, I actually like my kids and they like me, we are a family again ..... so much can be achieved with baby steps, I will never ever regret my decision not to send my son away, I just KNOW that would have been the end of us as a family and he would have ended up a gibbering wreck (or dead, that's a strong possibility) - it's a really hard thing to do, but no-one said being a parent was easy, some kids just make the job a little tougher than others

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »
exhausted, maybe you could send her a PM.....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 07:53:30 PM »
Group prayer that she answers it people.....

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »
I pm ed her too
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 08:14:20 PM »
Curing an unhappy child by sending her to one of these places? :lol: "My child has a stubbed toe. Anyone know where I can get her foot amputated?"

I actually like my kids and they like me, we are a family again

Startled me to read that here, but this is probably the thread that one belongs in. Very glad to hear it.

Look, Lori- are you reading this? Have you checked out the rest of Fornits? Would you like some quotes, or would you rather find them for yourself? Don't take my word for it, I'm an asshole. Surf the rest of this board. Won't take you very long at all before your "Oh my GOD" meter maxes out and you join Exhausted among the ranks of the horrified.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 08:26:32 PM »
Anyone who's been in a program know almost all the kids are sent away for bogus or no reason at all. This parent articulates it well, they simply want the kid to dissapear until they turn 18. They want their kid gone a few years earlier.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »
I registered but can't post yet(or send pm's?), so I'll ask God to send my message via telekineses
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
It's impossible to get an address out of an IP without a subpoena. End of story.

The kid isn't going to get sent away- if ever (and probably not) until June. And even one of the ST regulars is opposing it.

AND I JUST HAD TO READ ST TO GET THAT.

::puke::

Thanks a lot, TSW.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
Also to the daughter... If your mother insists on depriving you of your rights to the pursuit of life liberty and happiness then you ARE empowered to defend those rights.

If you don't have any relatives around you may have to accept that being a ward of the state is better for your short term options.

CALL CPS and tell them whatever it takes to get you out of that house.

DON't let your mom win on this one. Fight back and use the system to protect you.

The state isn't going to protect anyone. It's legal for parents to privaely kidnap their children and have them rendered to private gulags. Until that changes, nobody is going to help these kids before placement.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 09:00:13 PM »
Damn, TSW. Having your period today or what? The woman hasn't actually done anything irrevocable yet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 09:00:22 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
And even one of the ST regulars is opposing it.

at least publically, behind the scenes there's a group of program moms  and dads salivating at the idea of confirming their beliefs with another new member to the cult, and line their pocket with cash.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »
their forum sure is slow.. remember when they all came over here and tried to disrupt this forum.. that was hilarious. looks like their forum did not survive the questioning.. sucks for them.  :P

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking my heart
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »
I didnt know people still used AOL.. if you want a program parents information just tell them you have a new shiny program to offer and they will get all googly eyed and tell you whatever you want... paint a utopian picture with words then move in for the sell.. works every time!