Author Topic: Boarding School Truth  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« on: April 08, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to the Boarding School Truth website?  I suspect one of two things.  Either WWASP has paid for thier silence in which they have had to take the site off the net for monetary gain or they have taken their site down due to the class action law suit that is underway.

Some believe that the site might have been "squashed" by WWASP.  I am not sure exactly what is meant by that. If by "squashed" you mean that WWASP has somehow taken them down.  Then there should be an explination provided by the internet host to BS4 in which BS4 would be able to pass on to the rest of us.  

There has to be a reason why BS4 is not willing to explain why he/she has pulled the site.

I think it was such a great site.  It is a true loss of good informative resources.

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2003-04-08 10:40 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 03:27:00 PM »
Probably having something to do with a lawsuit or the threat of one. Maybe WWASP even got some utah judge to issue a gag order.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Janet

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »
I think you are correct FaceKhan, because the Lichfields do give a lot of money to the Republican party and it would be worth their while to also donate to local judgeships.  I have no proof but I have thought for quite some time that WWASP had a lot of control over local police and court systems. Asking for a gag order should be easy. :evil:   Right after BS4 was kicked off of Angelfire BS4 said she would go nomad if necessary.  I think she is unable to go nomad.  Does anyone have her e-mail address to tell her to come here or to Barbe Stamps Internet post.
oriahkitty

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 09:45:00 PM »
I don't have any proof of undue influence on the police and judiciary either. But I do know of a lot of unfunny coincidences wrt Seed and Straight clients. It seems that they went out of their way to recruite a ballance of cops, judges and one doctor, usually a pediatrician, whevever they planned to expand. The doctor was there so that they could say kids were getting medical care without letting the kid have contact with non-member professionals.

So it wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out that WWASP operated the same way. But it seems asthough it would be harder to find out about it. We lived in each-others homes and knew what each-other's parents did for a living. Afterward, we can compare notes and see a pattern. But TOUGHLOVE parent groups are more anonymous than that, aren't they?

Government operates best when it allows all messengers to offer their views, allowing the American people to decide which take root and which wither away.
--Harold Furchtgott-Roth, member of the Federal Communications Commission

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 10:17:00 PM »
Why would he/she not be protected by the 1st Amendment?  It just does not make any sense to me.  That can't be the explination. A judge can not take away one's right to freedom of speech.

Offline anon

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »
Hi Cary -
I'm also troubled by what we don't know. However, I can't think theres anyway BS4 is to blame. After all, even if the sight was taken down because for whatever reason BS4 wanted it down - it was their sight and they can do as they please with it.
I do tend to think somehow, and I don't know how, WWASP is behind it. BST was for some reason more often visited by the Legions of Faithfull, and I know they got their little world shook up every time they waded into the fray. I feel its likely, it tended to bleed over onto the BBS, and WWASP wouldn't like that one bit.
Unless an actual law suit, or charges have been filed - I can't buy the gag order thing. And I think word would get out if this were the case.
Threats can be made tho, that would make a person want to clam up.
I don't even know what going Nomad means - and I was struck by the fact as soon as it was mentioned on BST the sight was down.
Whatever the situation - I still hope to see it back up. I still hit the link daily, just in case.
: )
KZ

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »
Hi Karen,

I also, periodically check to see if the BST site is up and running.

I did not mean for my posts to imply that I was blaming BS4 for the situation.  I am just trying to understand how or why someone who had such a passion for what is right, exposing evil, and who obviously put a lot of work into that passion, simply can just vanish into thin air.

There is a reason and I can only assume the reason that BSF is not willing to provide us with that information is because it is not good.  

Carey

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 05:06:00 PM »
I kinda doubt that this is the result of a direct threat to boardingschooltruth's owner. I think it has more to do with wwasp threatening bs4 and them taking the site down. In addition it is possible that bst is unable or unwilling to discuss it on advice of his/her lawyer or possibly a gag order by a judge.

If a threat of harm was made to bst I doubt she would just clam up. As it is she must have expected to eventually have to deal with some nuts. Personally I got the local branch of the fbi on speed dial after the recent nutjob came through here and bothered me.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline anon

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »
I think I have been a little confussed -
See if this is correct now - BST is the name of the sight, and also is used for the owner of the sight;
BS4 is the server?
If BS4 is the server, and they have dumped BST - and BST is advised not to talk about it (maybe) could we not require an answer from BS4??

Offline Janet

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »
Boarding school truth was on angelfire along with one other exWWASP inmate whose homepage was called something about 'rebellion'.  Rebellion was suddenly kicked off of angelfire.  Angelfire stated when you tried to get the home page that the owner of that page did not obey angelfire's rules.  I tried reading those legalese rules and as a UCLA graduate, I was confused and realized I needed a Harvard Law degree. Boarding school truth was also kicked off angelfire shortly thereafter and went to a new provider.  When I asked boarding school truth what happened that is when she indicated she would go nomad if necessary, meaning she would go from home page provider to home page provider to stay on the internet.  Boarding school truth has somehow been blackballed from providers or she has been threatened.  If you have to use FREE providers for your forum, you don't have money for legal fees.  That's where WWASP is controlling their critics.  One on WWASP's board is a lawyer so they don't have to worry about legal fees and they have more than enough money for court costs.

By the way I tried to ask angelfire what rebellion and boarding school truth did that was breaking their rules, but couldn't figure out how to get to the correct person to ask that question.
Maybe someone more savvy about the workings of the internet could ask angelfire that question.
oriahkitty

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Boarding School Truth
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2003, 12:22:00 AM »