Author Topic: Midwest changes directors?  (Read 12025 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Midwest changes directors?
« on: January 17, 2007, 01:24:26 AM »
Does anyone know about Midwest Academy making a change in directors? I was contacted by Ben Trane trying to convince me that his program is no longer affiliated with WWASP. He apparently used to be the assistant director. He had this to say.

"Kev, My name is Ben Trane, the director of Midwest Academy, I would like  to have discussion with you about being on the WWASP site.  We are not in WWASP.  We do utilize the premier seminars.  We dual enroll our students in the keokuk school district as help make our academics not just get by but excel.  I know there are some schools who do cut corners, but we are not one of them,  We have an outstanding campus, Great teaching staff, Full size gym, auditorium.  Our school is a leader on how private schools can be.  I would love to have a discussion with you about this."

I asked for some kind of documentation to prove that they have no affiliation with WWASP. I knew it wasn't possible since they are still being marketed by Teen Help LLC. He did reply asking me what documents I'd like to have him provide. I know they are still WWASP for a fact but I was wondering whether this change in administration was announced or if anyone knew about it. All the resources I've ever read say that Brian Vaifanua is the director.

Here is his response to me asking him about Vaifanua.

"Brian Vaifanua lives in utah and does not work at the school any more but is my partner."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 02:34:38 AM »
Kev, Viafanua is still the director, and Midwest is still WWASPS. The official affiliation doesn't matter. What matters is that they'rew still using the program-- seminars, levels, all that.

Don't be fooled by their lies and denials.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
Isn't Brian Vaifanua the monstrous prick who through Steven Fredrickson's little spotted dog, Monkey, off the cliff; in Samoa?

There is a thread somewhere on Fornits about it. I am sure the name  Vaifanua was involved, but don't know if there is more than one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »
What's the deal Kevin?
If this guy can convince you that Midwest is no longer WWASP, you going to add him and Midwest to YOUR referral list?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
What's the deal Kevin?
If this guy can convince you that Midwest is no longer WWASP, you going to add him and Midwest to YOUR referral list?

[troll2]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »
Lol I love these people, some of the trolls I laugh with, others I feel sorry for.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »
Isn't Brian Vaifanua the monstrous prick who through Steven Fredrickson's little spotted dog, Monkey, off the cliff; in Samoa?

There is a thread somewhere on Fornits about it. I am sure the name  Vaifanua was involved, but don't know if there is more than one.

From what I heard, yes he was. Don't quote me on that though!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline jnzmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:11 AM »
As of August, Midwest was still with WWASP.   When I went to Discovery, all the schools were there.  Dont be fooled!

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
wikipedia
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 07:26:34 AM »
I would cetainly like to på Midwest on wikipedia, but I need:

a contract
student guide (if such exist)
parent guide
discovery papers
an outline of the punishment and description of the room used as OP (Intervention). (Do the detainees sit or do they have to lie on the floor as TB.)

The school homepage says nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWASP
(Long way to go - but we are going to get them all on. One step a time.).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Midwest Academy
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 05:56:34 AM »
I have the full parent guide etc.  definitely WWASP  Brian Vaifanua was director but some newspaper articles state family moving to Hurricane, UT in 2006.  However, Brian still listed as active in Keokuk Country Club.  I spoke to Gate City newspaper and as far as they know Brian is still there.  Brian seems to enjoy a wonderful community reputation etc.  any other information from Samoa?  The gov't there doesn't seem to be able to answer any of my inquiries.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:05 AM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""

From what I heard, yes he was. Don't quote me on that though!

I can't find the thread. But yes, he was named as involved with that horrible episode. I can't remember if it was actually him that through the pup off the cliff - or if it was him that stood by laughing - but he was there and took part.

I hope someone with better search skills can find the thread. It was a group of anon kids from Paradise Cove talking about it.

I did speak with someone who sometimes talks to Steven - and they confirmed to me, that he confirmed to them, the truth of the account.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
It was monkey! It was thrown over the cliff to get a rise out of Stephen Frederickson who was like 11 or 12 at the time. I think one of the staff later killed it with a machete. It was thrown over during a facility meeting where the majority of the kids from all three beaches were present I think the meeting was called by Dace regarding some change in the school procedures or something. I remember he thought it was pretty funny.

=======================================================

So - it looks like it was Dace Goulding who thought it was funny. Vaifanua isn't metioned by name in the thread (unless I over looked it) So, I am thinking I must remember having been told of his envolvment by my friend who spoke with Stephen about it. I'll talk to her later and see what she remembers.

========================================================

I went digging through some archived material, and found the following, which indicates Stephen did in fact confirm it was Viafanua who threw the puppy off of the cliff.

=========================================================================

We learned something new this past week.
While in Samoa - he had a puppy. He was allowed this puppy b/c of his extreme young age.

However - one night during a meeting of the families and staff - the director, Brian Viafanua, took the puppy and threw it over a cliff. Apparently the fall didn't kill it, as a Samoan staff member later finished it off with a machete.

Several boys from Paradise Cove posted this account on Fornits last Nov.
Not having heard this before, there was some tendency to doubt it. After all, it is difficult to believe these men would be That cruel - at least in front of so many witnesses.

Just this past week, Steven (the little boy, now a young man) called a friend of mine. . . He keeps in touch, calling once every few months maybe. . . She asked him if he remembered anyone throwing an animal off a cliff.

He then told the same story the boys had related on Fornits - it was his puppy - a little white dog, with brown spots, he had named Monkey.

Brian Viafanua, The man who threw the pup over the cliff, is a long time WWASP staff member. He stared his career at Cross Creek in Utah - moved to Paradise Cove in Samoa - then back to Cross Creek - and is now director of their Mid West academy, in Iowa.

Dace Goulding, who was also present when this took place, and is reported to have found it amusing - is another long time member of the WWASP web - has also been in charge of Casa By the Sea - the hellish Mexican program - closed now due to allegations of abuse - and he is now operating Darrington academy, in Georgia.

So, one is forced to conclude - throwing puppies off of cliffs, to terrorize little boys, is considered an acceptable modality of treatment in these programs, as these men have never suffered any kind of career set back as a result of these things

====================================================

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 08:51:13 AM »
Sounds like a wonderful program..  :o

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »
Had a chat this morning with a friend who confirmed it was indeed Brian Vaifanua who through Stephen Frederickson's little dog, Monkey, over the cliff.