Author Topic: blownawaytheidahoway  (Read 26055 times)

Offline 3BeanSalad

• View Profile
Support
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:40 AM »
This story needs to be told and you're the one to tell it, blownaway.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
GET SOME
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »
next installment forthcoming.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
Re: GET SOME
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »
Quote from: ""blownawaytheidahoway""
next installment forthcoming.

Here is the opening and what is right now free and available for public consumption. Numbered copies of this (and the some of the following chapters) will soon (2 weeks) be available for purchase.
Negotiations began yesterday with printer,  but I'm excited enough to repost the changed opening here. Sorry if it seems familiar to some of you.
Please send me a private message if you are interested in receiving the physical manuscript from my first printing.
-blownawaytheidahoway                        11/07

(i know what month it is)
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good Work
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 04:41:29 PM »
Good God that hit home for me.

My only critique is that I wish he went to Cedu RS so it could even further hit home with the staff and what not that I went through it with.

I remember having to bend over and show my brown starfish to the gay staff member that checked me in. My big brother was there who was gay coincidentally as well.

NOTE- not that there is any thing wrong with being gay but it would be the equivalent of a guy getting to peep in on a girls strip search. (Would it not?)

That strip search didn't come back until this morning reading it over my morning cup of coffee. What a crummy cup of coffee it was.

I had started some initial memoirs from my memory and I got to say that Blownaway nails his and with very detailed, articulate, reminiscent words and accounts.

Cedu RS had the wood cutting, building named Emerson where our propheets were held, smoking section, similiar "processing" process, first day impressions, dorms, shit- almost all of it.

I am looking forward to seeing how much more he gets into the raps. The raps were some of the absolute most frightening parts. Good start though and spot on with the agreements.

Sad thing is...we all know much of what is to come!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 04:59:22 PM »
This may be just the thing my parents will need to read to understand what I went through. Thanks blownaway!!! I can't wait to read the rest.....

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 07:15:07 PM »
One thing I found curious.

They did anal cavity checks for the boys, but not the girls. Due to the fact that strip searches were same sex only, one couldn't really cry foul in terms of improper harassment if it happened to the girls, too. I mean, yes, I know that it was abusive and unnecessary to whomever it happened to, but I always wondered the reasons behind that discrepancy in intake protocol.

Fuck, man, I got to take my underwear off behind a bathroom stall and hand them over the side to the counselors and older students. Still humiliating, especially because I was on my period at the time, but at least no cavity check.

I mean, what, are guys better at smuggling stuff in their ass than girls are? It doesn't make any sense to me, especially since girls have an auxiliary hole to stash stuff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 05:47:52 AM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
One thing I found curious.

It doesn't make any sense to me, especially since girls have an auxiliary hole to stash stuff.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO STILL FINDS THAT CURIOUS?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: all those people
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 06:31:15 AM »
Blownawaytheidahoway takes place during the height of the "Drug War" in 1988, at a most rural environment outside of a little town named Bonner's Ferry, Idaho. This account is real, and many stories of subsequent "therapeutic boarding schools", sprang from the early "success" days of the CEDU schools. Similar accounts of nightmare facilities now abound, and there have been articles in virtually every major newspaper, magazine, and talk show in the American mainstream about the whole shebang of "tough love".

Over a period lasting almost three years I was subjected to some strange goings on at the place my parents sent me as a "troubled teen". I was treated not as harshly as some true stories out there, but the mental abuse, and anguish described have turned out to garner interest in a variety of readers. I've now compiled my memories, and told the story almost to it's only fictional last page.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »
When can we buy/read it?

Offline Zack Bonnie

• View Profile
    • http://www.zackbonnie.com
blownaway
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 12:23:23 PM »
Good question.
quot;live deep\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
thanks
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »
blownaway for pointing me here, this is a great forum.

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 10:47:30 AM »
Hey Allia, thanks for shouting out, stopping by, and posting intelligently. Please send your friends and anyone who will give a shit to these threads, they are our story, and it's an important facet of (un)"American" history. And, Yes...as much as I don't want to have to fight this fight, This genre of private facilities and the transgressions associated with them must become history. It's got to stop somewhere, and evidently, the only people who give fuckin' fuck fuck, are the ones who went through it.

There's the occasional friend, a true one, who did not go through the program, there's the occasional guidance or otherwise counselor, shrink, priest, rabbi, or lover who may just get a sense of what you went through, and care. But often even a cry for help to any of these is brushed off, or worse, misinterpreted.  All we have is the validation of our stories, and the opposite. The fruit loops that know it was cultish, totalitarian, fear and coersion based quackery, but still think they deserved it, still think they "learned" something (rm) amazing, that makes them different from all the other monkeys. Their stories are just as valid if they think, feel, and know (honestly in their hearts (I'm not sure it's even possible) that without their CEDU education they'd be deadinsaneorinjail) a life interrupted from drug abuse, physical abuse, gang activity, or extreme examples of "fucking up", saved them the above calamitous option.

The FACT that CEDU was closed down-  for all its magical charm- for fraud and abuse just about sums up what went on there.

I'm not going to be accountable for knowing some of what I SAW, there, what I HEARD , and what I KNEW to be wrong, is still going on. Fuck that, CEDU can change it's name, WWASPs can get some inside oversite bureaucratic mind slave to "watchdog", but as long as there is ever a kid (a fucking child, CPS) as upset for as long as I was, and lied to about what his real options are...I'm on board with the activism to stop this ABUSE.
PROVO, SECRET HARBOR, whatever, it's disgusting there are literally thousands of them. Whether the confirmedly bizarre CEDU mindgames or a dog cage and restraints...who thinks anyone besides US who've been through this stuff can decide what's ACCEPTABLE? what a word, and it's just another thought/ word that they bent.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
When can we buy/read it?

I'm working on the cover design, and waiting for the go ahead from Langley.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
CEDU reincarnated
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 11:40:09 AM »
blownaway wrote:
The FACT that CEDU was closed down- for all its magical charm- for fraud and abuse just about sums up what went on there.

I know you are aware of this, blownaway, but just to clarify for others, my research indicates that CEDU has simply been reincarnated under new owners Universal Health Services.  Rocky Mountain Academy did shut down, but the web site forwards to Boulder Creek Academy and the phone numbers are the same. Ascent and Northwest also still operating. BCA has the same key staff as they did in 2005, including program director (Paul Johnson), education director (Marjorie Timms), and several others. It was the same psychiatrist, Ulrich, until about 60 days ago. They still have raps, they still have levels, they still isolate kids.

It's been asked before, but how can we take away their oxygen--take away the flow of money? Somebody--maybe you or castle--noted that rising home mortgage interest rates were working in our favor because they are likely to keep some kids out of these programs; no cash, no incarceration. I fear that as long as there is profit in it, it's almost impossible to stop them.

As has also been mentioned, if effective, compassionate community-based mental health services for adolescents were more widely available, that could provide a better alternative for some percentage of parents who might work with the teen at home rather than sending their kids to RTCs.

Alia23, welcome. I am not a survivor, but a concerned relative with a niece who has been in BCA for almost 2 years, incommunicado. I am very grateful to people here who have patiently offered information and support and guidance, and hope you find the same.

AuntieEm