Author Topic: Oprah marketing teen LGAT Challenge Day  (Read 6251 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Oprah marketing teen LGAT Challenge Day
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 10:29:46 PM »
Ah, I see your posts now. That is the most assed-backwards BB I've seen in a long time. Who the fuck engineered that? An eighth grader?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »
So, who now has Administrative Duties on fornits?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »
That's some scary shit.  All those posts about how this shit should be mandatory at all schools.  Get the fuck outta my kid's head!!!  THIS is the reason TBS and RTCs exist.   The mindset of the Oprah/Phil/Maury audience is surely a sign of the end times.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 10:36:21 PM »
TSW: How did you know that MILK no longer had his ADMIN powers?  He tell you?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »
TSW, go here:

http://boards.oprah.com/WebX?13@@.f12c6 ... LARAZ3R3KQ

Then... scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on the "newest message" button. That should take you to the right page. Your posts are about halfway down.

I have a direct link for the newest post page, which might be better, but who knows, with  that ferkakde system.

http://boards.oprah.com/[email protected] ... 856&view=C

Oh wait, never mind. you found them.

Yeah, no shit. The Cult of Oprah. Fucking cunt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:43 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
does any one know if there are any old news articles about oprahs promotion of Straight?
Oz girl

No, but I will tell you that Miller Newton is the only man that Oprah ever allowed to cornhole her! (Dr. Phil has never had this privilege.) Miller bent her over and stuck his pecker in her little brown ring and she loved it; a match made in hell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 10:41:34 PM »
I am a high school teacher. I've been teaching for over 20 years. The high school challenge "experiment" inspired me to an exciting level! For years I have envisioned a concept that I termed "Cross the Line". I dreamed that "somehow" I could get students to unite and make a stand, but really had no specific way I could figure to do this...then came your show! That's it! This whole concept really has the potential to change a generation. I would treasure the opportunity to be a part of this! Need a west coast coordinator? An exciting prospective!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 10:46:23 PM »
Quote from: ""Inside Track""
does any one know if there are any old news articles about oprahs promotion of Straight?
Oz girl
No, but I will tell you that Miller Newton is the only man that Oprah ever allowed to cornhole her! (Dr. Phil has never had this privilege.) Miller bent her over and stuck his pecker in her little brown ring and she loved it; a match made in hell.

::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::both::  ::rocker::  ::soapbox::  ::kma::  ::bwahaha2::  ::bwahaha2::  ::bwahaha2::  :wave:  ::armed::

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 10:48:09 PM »
The Rick Ross site is talking about it too.

http://forum.rickross.com/viewtopic.php ... 9509e39b31

http://www.cultnews.com/?p=2201

Challenge Day: Bringing Transformational Workshops to a School Near You.

Posted in Miscellaneous at 3:20 pm by Rick Ross

By Frank Schwerin, MD

Challenge Day is a California-based corporation that according to its handbook, ?provides youth and their communities with experiential workshops and programs that demonstrate the possibility of love and connection through the celebration of diversity, truth and full expression?  

The Challenge Day Corporation does not provide schools with anti-bullying or anti-suicide programs. According to the company?s own literature: ?Challenge Day is not designed as a program to ?fix? students who are struggling.?

Whether such a program should be a part of the high school curriculum has been controversial. A Seattle Times editorial opined, ?It is alarming that nearly 300 Seattle Public Schools students have already participated in Challenge Day workshops. These 12- and 13-year-olds went through sessions reminiscent of est, or Lifespring encounter groups???While the goal of the seminars has merit ? to create a safe school environment free of teasing and harassment ? their methods don?t belong under the imprimatur of public education.?

One year ago, when I learned of Challenge Day while reading an article about it in my local newspaper the Naples News, I was not aware of the controversy surrounding the company. Challenge Day promised to make students feel ?safe, loved and celebrated.? ?No more teasing, no more belittling, no more gangs.? A follow-up headline one week later proclaimed: ?Program stimulates students to be more accepting.?

All this was from a 6-hour workshop limited to 100 students per school - and it was free! Challenge Day previously had been ?given? to two of our high schools by a group of volunteers who had raised money to sponsor the workshops.

It seemed too good to be true. The first Naples, Florida Challenge Days were obviously important to the Challenge Day Corporation. The local press had been enlisted to photograph and interview the participants The founders of Challenge Day, Rich Dutra-St.John and his wife Yvonne St. John-Dutra (you read it right) flew out to Florida from California to personally lead the ?showcase? workshops held here last year.

The Dutras also personally lead the Challenge Day at a Michigan high school that was recently featured on Oprah.

Why Naples?

It may have had something to do with money. At the time, the median house price in Naples was nearly five hundred thousand dollars, the highest in Florida. And a charity fundraiser to benefit local education programs had raised a record twelve million dollars earlier in the year. If they could raise sufficient funds, anything was possible.

Challenge Day organizers didn?t need the financial support of the school district.

The promoters of Challenge Day pitched the program directly to the high school principals. One organizer stated that her goal was for Challenge Day to be in every Collier County high school and middle school by 2007.

Things didn?t work out as planned in Collier County. Two months later the county school board ordered a temporary moratorium on Challenge Day in order to look into safety issues. Three months after that, following an extensive review by the Collier County school administration, a permanent hold was placed on the workshops. And the school board ultimately said ?no? to the program.

What went wrong?

As more information about the company surfaced, it became clear that the Challenge Day press kit didn?t tell whole story............(cont'd)

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 10:49:25 PM »
Oz girl
::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::both::  ::rocker::  ::soapbox::  ::kma::  ::bwahaha2::  ::bwahaha2::  ::bwahaha2::  :wave:  ::armed::

Yep, gotta admit.  That cracked me up.
 :rofl:

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 10:53:35 PM »
FUCK! You know what I just remembered about? Who here saw Donnie Darko?

They had a subplot regarding an LGAT trainer who comes to the school to "inspire" the kids. (Played  by Patrick Swayze.) They even had lingo similar to the I Want to Live propheet from CEDU. Fear = death and love = life. (I think that's how it went. It's been a long time since that propheet.)

Anyway, Donnie thought it was full of shit. The movie did a real good job of parodying that whole mentality.

For those interested in seeing the movie, I won't divulge what happens to Swayze's character.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 10:58:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Oz girl

Yep, gotta admit.  That cracked me up.
 :rofl:

YEAH, talk about the COLOR PURPLE -- I guess that'd be OPRAH'S SHITTER!!!!!!  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 10:59:33 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
FUCK! You know what I just remembered about? Who here saw Donnie Darko?

They had a subplot regarding an LGAT trainer who comes to the school to "inspire" the kids. (Played  by Patrick Swayze.) They even had lingo similar to the I Want to Live propheet from CEDU. Fear = death and love = life. (I think that's how it went. It's been a long time since that propheet.)

Anyway, Donnie thought it was full of shit. The movie did a real good job of parodying that whole mentality.

For those interested in seeing the movie, I won't divulge what happens to Swayze's character.

YES!!  My kids were telling me for year that I just HAD to see this movie.  I finally did about a month or two ago.  Fucking loved it!!!

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 11:06:48 PM »
Thank you, my son!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:19:28 PM by Guest »
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 11:06:48 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
Couldn't resist it... I had to do it..

posted up : http://http://www.fornits.com/SIBS/ on the oprah forum.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: