Author Topic: Friendly reminder.  (Read 38721 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »
FYI: teenshelp.us is opposed to wwasps programs and links back to anti-wwasps (Kev's website).

Q:  What programs does teenshelp.us "recommend" to parents?

All I see are a bunch of ads for programs and schools that one could argue are not necessarily any more safe or effective than the WWASPS brand of programs.

What happens when a parent registers and asks for "help"?  

This is really some muddy waters to be venturing into, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 06:18:32 PM »
Thought Kev at ANTI-WWASP had agreed to remove all these references to Sue Scheff PURE.

What gives, Kev?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 06:32:15 AM »
Wow, this is a disaster, you people are ferocious, but obviously only with the best intentions. TeensHelp.us is owned by myself and my attempt to provide parents asking me for help a place to turn. The google ads were basically serving as placeholders for content yet to be developed. The website will also serve as a starting point for loosening the teen help network's monopoly in every major search engine. This one is going to be a contender, I think I can optimize it to the point of getting it to at least a 1-20 position for terms like "teen help" "teen boarding schools". The link back to antiwwasp is to showcase that there are schools out there that are putting teens in dangerous and unhealthy living environments, as well as subjecting them to abuse.

I have no answers for the hoards of people asking for help here. What do I tell them? Can anyone actually specify something realistic for what the parents of these teens should do when they're at their wits end? I've held off for a year and a half of people asking me "what do i do if I can't use wwasp?". I'm tired of not being able to answer. I'm also tired of thinking that the same people that I'm trying to inform about WWASP, are left with no other options and are forced to put their teen in a WWASP affiliated school. It would be foolish to think that every facility in existence is abusing children or not providing adequate care.

I know I'm still going to get criticism for referring parents to licensed, regulated, and helpful facilities, but I'm confident that there are still staff at various schools around the country trying to make a difference in young peoples lives. I will be doing vigorous screening of every school that applies to be a part of the list. I'm trying to find licensed places that don't employ any of the tactics wwasp uses. I'm setting up a list of requirements for schools to be added to this new service with things such as, Background Checks, Licensing Requirements for the State the school's located in and other things I believe every school should require. I'll do my absolute best to research every school held within this new directory to make sure no school is a part of ISACCORP.org's watchlist gets included in the list. I will also use my visitors opinions and knowledge of the industry to best suit the teens who will be sent to the schools I'm "recommending".

That site isn't exactly finished, it was more of a placeholder until I can get the real thing up. I know there will be more comments here about being a hypocrit and you're all entitled to your opinion. Or you're being nieve about what's really going on here. Regardless of what I'm doing with antiwwasp.com, it does no good if there's no alternative. I hope you can see what I'm trying to do.

I want to establish that I'm not going to defend myself here at fornits at every turn. I've stated my opinion on the subject and I'm basically at the end of the line on this one unless someone can offer a solution. As for the references earlier to the year 2002, that only refers to the life experience I've incurred with this troublesome industry since going through several rehab centers, a wilderness program (that was actually helpful), and then onto 12 months at spring creek which was one of the worst things I've ever gone through.

I'm going to try to help some of the smaller schools more exposure, ones that are doing good by giving students valid educations, job skills, and helping them turn their lives around. Not locking someone up and making them pay for extras such as therapy.

As for sue scheff, if you can tell me which page still has a link to her site i'd be glad to remove it. I was just today informed that teenhelpindustry.info is her's it will be removed shortly. I had no idea because it had the "referral-free zone" button on the page with tons of info on WWASP. Should have done my homework.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »
I'm confident that there are still staff at various schools around the country trying to make a difference in young peoples lives.

Your confidence is misplaced. Either that or you've decided to get into the ed-con business.. but only for the "Good" places! In so doing, you've further perpetrated the illusion that sending your kids off to sadistic assholes is a solution.

Furthermore, teenshelp.us only lists one place openly, and leaves the rest as "Hidden"... I wonder why that is? If you can't be open and forthright with just where you want parents to send their kids, then we have no reason to believe you're open and forthright with anything else.

You are the next Sue Scheff.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 12:54:27 PM »
Why can't ANTI-WASP be just that?

A web-site that warns parents/readers agaisnt the WWASP programs and a website where former students can come to tell their "stories."

Kev,
WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS---for recommending any programs....or for offering advise to any parents about what to do with their "troubled teens?"

Are you a psychologist?
Are you at least a college educated teacher?
Have you ever worked with children---like maybe in a Day Care Center?

Are you AT LEAST one of these Educational Consultatants?

OH, so hou are going to "vigourously screen these programs you recommend?"
Go read the damn WWASP vs PURE transcripts---those are Sue Scheff's exact words---exactly what she CLAIMS she does/did before she enrolled our children in abusive programs!

What will be your referral fee?

You do have Eckerd on your little website.
Guess what? This abusive wilderness program is also on the "watchlist" over on ISAC.

And yes: we at FORNITS do have the right to be upset!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 01:08:39 PM »
The referral business is unregulated just as the teen help industry is. If Keven really wants to help, he would refer parents to proven methods of intervention and treatment not programs ranging from mom and pop "group homes" and ranches to corporate gulags.

What can I say?  His motivation is to make money to turn the tables?  There are better ways to do that and if he doesn't know that, then he hasn't really thought about it enough, IMO.

Kevin isn't stupid.  He's very intelligent and super creative.  This is a misguided attempt that will take him down a slipperly slope and in the process expose children and parents to exploitation in the name of "good" therapy.

Oh well ... at least he answered the question of who "we" is.

:roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 01:36:27 PM »
Which wilderness therapy program did you go to?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 01:41:16 PM »
Kevin Writes

As for sue scheff, if you can tell me which page still has a link to her site i'd be glad to remove it. I was just today informed that teenhelpindustry.info is her's it will be removed shortly. I had no idea because it had the "referral-free zone" button on the page with tons of info on WWASP. Should have done my homework.

http://http://teenhelpindustry.info

This sure doesn't look to me like it's Sue Scheff's website, is it possible you have it confused with something else?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 02:22:50 PM »
It seems like the confusion is the use of the word "teen" in all these websites:

WWASP uses:   TEEN Help, Inc

PURE uses:        HelpyourTEEN.com

Kev uses:           TEENhelp.us

The referral free zone uses:    TEENhelpindustry.info

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 04:09:21 PM »
Yo Kev!  

You can put teenhelpindustry.info back up on your website because it's not related to Sue Scheff or PURE whatsoever.

False alarm!

http://http://www.teenhelpindustry.info

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »
But Yo Kev,

You gonna keep referring kids to abusive programs, and advertising abusive programs on your Anti-Wwasp website.

You ain't qualified to be referring kids any where!

Offline Rude Intrusion

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Kevin Writes

http://http://teenhelpindustry.info

This sure doesn't look to me like it's Sue Scheff's website, is it possible you have it confused with something else?

Ahhhemmm -  

Kev,

teenhelpindustry.info, is not affiliated with Sue Scheff. Who said it was? You do need to do better homework, me lad. I ditto the concerns about this: http://www.teenshelp.us/index.html  What are you doing?
ashed Brains Shrink

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »
Again, this may be the last time I choose to defend myself here against rediculous accusations and my inability to update my site often enough for your strategic everyday visits to my websites.

As for the schools that were specified, I always, I mean that too, I always, respect the validity of of ISACCORP as well as any other credible organization fighting for teen rights. I visit fornits as another source for this information but as of late it seems like a giant argument going nowhere.

I seek to form a new network. One that doesn't have this stigma attached to it.  

As for making sure I screen these schools and for the references to having only one school on the site so far. I just started this within the last 48 hours if that so you can't expect me to have done enough research to find qualified schools yet. Magnolia Christian Center has a package in the mail. They are sending me their accreditation papers, full FBI background check to be checked against staff records, plus copies of their licensing information. I have been in contact with administrators of the school

Oh look at me, I magically transformed into Sue Scheff now. Give me a break, I must say I actually laughed out loud at whoever wrote this one. I specifically state my intentions on teenshelp.us, I inform parents that my only experience in the referal business is that of a student with a lot of life experience. I'm being honest here. I don't know what you all want from me (besides not creating this network). I have done everything in my power to create a place for WWASP survivors, then I try to create a safe and responsible group of schools and get knocked down for it. I would have you all take a serious look at your own morals and values, put yourself in my shoes, and then ask yourself what to do. Better yet, put yourself in the shoes of the people asking for help.

All schools mentioned in previous posts will be filtered from adsense ads shortly.

What qualifies someone to recommend a school? I don't state that I have any formal education (cough cough scheff). I am not representing these schools. I sincerely feel that this is being blown out of proportion and all these accusations are undeserved.

I'm also getting fed up with anonymous people attacking my credibility. Who are you? Show your face if you have any courage at all. If you were really fighting for anyone's rights you'd show your faces like I have and make your own resources available to parents instead of telling me what to do with my own.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »
I received an email from a concerned person telling me that teenhelpindustry.info belonged to sue scheff. Now maybe you'll understand just how hard it is to maintain valid information on all of this. I have people blowing whistle's at me and now you're telling me that this isn't her website.

This is getting rediculous.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:33:32 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »
I think you are doing a good thing. I dont think a lot of people realize that parents will send their kid to WWASPS if you dont have some other direction to point them in. Its obvious you put a lot of work into your website and I cant think of anyone else who has done so much work to work against WWASPS internet marketing machine. Keep it up man, you speak for a lot of anti-wwasps peoples!