Author Topic: Friendly reminder.  (Read 39020 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »
There are no good instances of "The Program" because "The Program"---defined by its characteristic components--is a lousy, ineffective "treatment."

There are good, medical-model RTC's for teens with serious mental illnesses. So those would be good places to refer to if the teen has a major mental illness and is presently dangerous---or is willing to accept inpatient help to get stabilized. It would be good for someone to investigate and pass on a list of those.

There are good drug rehabs. Those would be good places to refer to for kids with substance abuse problems. It would be good for someone to investigate and pass on a list of those.

Kids with substance abuse problems who are mentally ill need to go to the medical model RTC to get stabilized and from there to the good drug rehab---that's the proper order of services.

There are good community-based programs (as opposed to The Program) for helping genuinely wild teens to cope better and follow the minimum social norms of respect for the property and rights of others.

It would be a good idea for someone to investigate those, make a list of the best ones, and put together an advocacy class on how to get public officials, health providers, and perhaps "corporate citizens" to cooperate in setting up good community-based treatment where you live.

Frankly, if their kid is doing crimes--other than the victimless kind--it's necessary and appropriate for those parents to call the police. This is on the theory that a genuinely criminal teen is a danger to the community like any other criminal. The parents are liable--morally and not just legally---for what they do once they know their kid is criminally victimizing others.

And, of course, if a kid is genuinely criminally victimizing people, his ass belongs in juvie.

Which is still likely to be more humane than The Program.

Parents whose kids are in deep trouble need options.

But they need good options.

Those are the forms the good options take.

Researching specific implementations of those good options and trying to ensure quality care or just, humane punishment, as appropriate, would be helpful.

Any referrals to the Programs are dangerous and wrong, because the Program itself is dangerous and wrong.

Julie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2007, 08:02:26 AM »
I think what Julie had to say made a lot of sense. If that could be done, the kids would be way better off then they are now. I hope someday that it may be that way.....
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:03 AM »
That's right CCM; and the goal is to keep people like YOU, Kevin August, and Sue Scheff from sending ---I mean SELLING--kids into these programs in the mean while.
GET IT, bitch?

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2007, 11:45:01 PM »
Put a cork in it! Once again, you have no clue what you're talking about. Do, us all a favor......... and handcuff your hands behind your back if you can't control yourself. Please, pretty please! I'm begging you!!!!!!!!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »
ccm, no one needs you dishing out suggestions of any type of your brand of abuse, OK?  YOU AIN'T in a program now, as an upper level bitch, who gets to dispense abuse on anybody.  And anyone can say what they wish, and no one has to "put a cork in it."

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2007, 10:57:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
ccm, no one needs you dishing out suggestions of any type of your brand of abuse, OK?  YOU AIN'T in a program now, as an upper level bitch, who gets to dispense abuse on anybody.  And anyone can say what they wish, and no one has to "put a cork in it."

Nobody HAS to put a cork in it?!! I just wish YOU would because I NEVER was some "upper level bitch"!!!! I was just quoted today by a former staff member as a total hellion when asked about me LOL!!!! You have no clue of who I was or who I am today. Remember this.......I'll dish out whatever I want, whenever I want, and how I want. So, back off bitch.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2007, 11:00:57 PM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""
Remember this.......I'll dish out whatever I want, whenever I want, and how I want. So, back off bitch.

:scared:  :nworthy:  ::bwahaha::  :scared:  :oops:  :silly:  ::argue::  ::rocker::  ::bangin::  ::hehehmm::  ::eek3:: :rofl: :exclaim:  :exclaim:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2007, 11:04:53 PM »
I was just quoted today by a former staff member as a total hellion

Why would you give a fuck what a former staff member thinks?

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2007, 11:07:01 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""

I don't care! But, somebody calling me some upper level bitch???? I was the furthest thing from it!

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2007, 11:13:04 PM »
Put a cork in it! Once again, you have no clue what you're talking about. Do, us all a favor......... and handcuff your hands behind your back if you can't control yourself. Please, pretty please! I'm begging you!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2007, 11:14:14 PM »

I don't care! But, somebody calling me some upper level bitch???? I was the furthest thing from it!

Well, you ~are kind of bitchy...  :rofl:

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2007, 11:25:11 PM »
Quote from: ""grasshopper""

Well, you ~are kind of bitchy...  :rofl:

I know I come across it here at times LOL. Somebody told me a few days ago when they were running errands with me that I command a lot of attention. Yeah, so? Respect me, and I will respect you. If people run to open doors, and push their way through to personally help me with anything that I do in everyday life. Does that make me bitchy? I never talk down to people. When we throw parties everybody is invited. It bothers me you guys have this impression of me as being a cold hearted bitch. I'm just not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2007, 11:30:37 PM »
I suppose the fact that you advocate child torture shouldn't be factored into that?

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2007, 11:35:26 PM »
I suppose the fact that you advocate child torture shouldn't be factored into that?

Absolutely not LOL!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2007, 12:02:19 AM »
and she finds that funny? maybe she's not a bitch. maybe she's just plain old everyday fucking sick.