Author Topic: Friendly reminder.  (Read 38912 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2007, 12:26:58 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
So life goes on, unless you're a kid referred by CCM girl?

Ever thought about taking your logic the other way? Kids with involuntary "commitment" in a program can't have their life move on, they haven't 7th stepped/graduated/exit planned yet.

Why do you even still have that sig about control anyway?

I hope you're trolling, I would hate to know someone who firsthand spent years getting abused and neglected would further the same bullshit to the next generation, but its hardly unexpected.

In any event, I would like to ask WHY you feel its ok to do that, now.

Sorry babe, I am not trolling! Puhleese!!!! I do think I could do a better job then most of the folks in the ed con biz though. It would take a great deal of time, and energy to do that. When I stop working the 50+ hours a week that I already work, and upgrade to a solid 60 focused on the teen help referral agency, I'll let you know!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2007, 12:28:22 AM »
I didn't ask that.

I asked how you justify doing to others what was done to you for so long that hurt you so much.

Don't want to answer, or do you simply not have one?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2007, 12:38:39 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
I didn't ask that.

I asked how you justify doing to others what was done to you for so long that hurt you so much.

Don't want to answer, or do you simply not have one?

I have an answer........I justify it by the fact that my parents selected my school through a Sunset Magazine Issue. There is not anyone out there currently who is tied into these schools. What I mean by that, is that it would be my intention to focus on a small group of quality schools that addresses each individual teen needs, and their families problems, and refer to those only.

Most people out there know very little about the schools they refer to. I promise if I were to go into such a business that I would. End of story. Even a small amount of effort on my part would be 10X more effort then what was spent on finding my placement. I would be the best. I have no doubt in that.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2007, 12:44:54 AM »
Uh, CCM, there are no good duckfarms.

That being, coersion/isolation/BM/minimum duration programs do not work, are not good, and can not be defended or justified.

If you are looking for an alternative to programs, that being institutions that treat only those who need treatment and accept it with no abuse, neglect, torture, isolation, LGATs, or coercion, and tell people looking for programs to turn to actual treatment, I would be all for that.

Program apologetics and spindoctoring, I am not.

At any rate, why place people in programs at all? They don't do any good and people turn out fine despite them, and we've done fine for thousands of years without any 'answer' to give parents an easy button.

Until necessity and efficacy is established how can you morally or ethically do edconning at all?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2007, 12:47:48 AM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""
Most people out there know very little about the schools they refer to. I promise if I were to go into such a business that I would. End of story. Even a small amount of effort on my part would be 10X more effort then what was spent on finding my placement. I would be the best. I have no doubt in that.

I'm sure you would bust your ass to help those kids! Pay no attention to these disgruntled lunatics! They are all just envious of you! You are talking about becoming what they only wish (in their wildest dreams) that they could become themselves.

CCM Girl, I can tell you I have plently of experience in the industry and I know you & I are going to get along splendidly!

Let's do lunch sometime, eh?  :wink:

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2007, 12:55:05 AM »
Dr. Tard,

I'll see you at 12pm at the Starbucks on the corner of Main and 1st St. If it goes well, maybe we can continue on to lunch? Be there, or else!

Luv,

CCM girl 1989

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2007, 01:06:37 AM »
Ah... playing hard to get, I like that! :lol:

Or else what? I may be able to squeeze you in...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2007, 02:46:34 AM »
Again, this self-serving, selfish, abusive bitch nees to STFU!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2007, 02:52:21 AM »
Why does this ccm gal have to constantly repeat her dumb ass?
We got it!  You work with men only.  You work 50 hours a week.  You have a fucking horse. You have friends out the ass. You love your cussing potty mouth, because you must think it makes you sound tough-and-cool.
Where that bridge groom husband of yours. Can't he fill in a bit of your time?  Give it a rest girl!

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2007, 05:25:44 AM »
All of this vitriol is not helping any. It is obvious to me that CCM girl and This anti WWASP guy have good intentions. The problem as I see it is that nobody can truly tell a good program from a bad one because it is impossible to know whether you are getting the full story. Places grow and change, staff leave.

I also think that CCM girl and Anti WWASP would do well to remember that this kind of boarding school only exists in the US and that within the US the vast majority of children do not attend such places. This is because it is not a normative thing.
It is playing with fire to suggest that if people are going to send their kids to TBS it should be to a place which is not abusive because the nature of a school which institutionalizes kids is problematic in itself. it creates a highly unnatural world. iIt also discourages the idea that problems should be dealt with by the family, school and community. Is this really the kind of road a civil society should be going down?

Perhaps instead of recommending places that are not seen as  abusive it would be better to set up a database of websites of govt agencies and NGOs and foundations which deal with parenting issues or specific conditions EG the autism foudation etc. This will not make things perfect but it will provide a starting point for families.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2007, 06:32:07 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
All of this vitriol is not helping any. It is obvious to me that CCM girl and This anti WWASP guy have good intentions. The problem as I see it is that nobody can truly tell a good program from a bad one because it is impossible to know whether you are getting the full story. Places grow and change, staff leave.

I also think that CCM girl and Anti WWASP would do well to remember that this kind of boarding school only exists in the US and that within the US the vast majority of children do not attend such places. This is because it is not a normative thing.
It is playing with fire to suggest that if people are going to send their kids to TBS it should be to a place which is not abusive because the nature of a school which institutionalizes kids is problematic in itself. it creates a highly unnatural world. iIt also discourages the idea that problems should be dealt with by the family, school and community. Is this really the kind of road a civil society should be going down?

Perhaps instead of recommending places that are not seen as  abusive it would be better to set up a database of websites of govt agencies and NGOs and foundations which deal with parenting issues or specific conditions EG the autism foudation etc. This will not make things perfect but it will provide a starting point for families.

The problem is, our society here in the U.S. has been going down this road for quite sometime. There is no turning back. It is unfortunate, but it's reality. This has become so excepted here, that people don't think less of other people for sending their children off somewhere. Parents aren't cast out of society for sending their children away. It's totally excepted here.

It's just another way of outsourcing as I see it. I don't agree with it, but at the same time I know that there is no way to reverse it. It's been going on for way too long. I dunno Oz GIrl?!! You have a lot of good points about a lot of the things you say, but I just don't know how realistic these things are for us Americans, and the world we've created for ourselves here?

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2007, 06:55:12 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Why does this ccm gal have to constantly repeat her dumb ass?
We got it!  You work with men only.  You work 50 hours a week.  You have a fucking horse. You have friends out the ass. You love your cussing potty mouth, because you must think it makes you sound tough-and-cool.
Where that bridge groom husband of yours. Can't he fill in a bit of your time?  Give it a rest girl!

Why do you have to repeat yourself? I write stuff, and share stuff that I see fit to share. I try to explain, and apologize for my sometimes bad potty mouth blaming it on the men I work with LOL. As far as the horse goes, she's far more important then you all here. Sometimes this back and forth crap gets really time consuming, and I have to go do more important things. I just simply let you know that's what i am doing, and that I am not running and hiding!

I am in my 30's, I don't think I am tough, I do think I am "cool" though, LOL. I do have a great husband, who do you think posts here half the time? J/K, anyway try to get some friends yourself, that's if you can pry yourself away from the computer in that dark little cavelike room you spend the majority of your life in!?!!

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2007, 07:52:58 AM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""
The problem is, our society here in the U.S. has been going down this road for quite sometime. There is no turning back. It is unfortunate, but it's reality. This has become so excepted here, that people don't think less of other people for sending their children off somewhere. Parents aren't cast out of society for sending their children away. It's totally excepted here.
It's just another way of outsourcing as I see it. I don't agree with it, but at the same time I know that there is no way to reverse it. It's been going on for way too long. I dunno Oz GIrl?!! You have a lot of good points about a lot of the things you say, but I just don't know how realistic these things are for us Americans, and the world we've created for ourselves here?

it is true that like Covergaard I come at this industry at least to some extent as a cultural outsider.  But if what you say is correct and this industry is a socially accepted norm then look at it this way.

You may not be aware of this but In Australia Indigenous people have only had the right to vote and attend university since 1969. The state up until around this time would in fact literally steal Aboriginal children from their mothers by sending "welfare officers" to their homes and taking them to orphaniges run by white people. They felt the children were better off not being raised by "savages".

In your part of the world black people also did not have the vote until the 1960s. Wider society in both of these places was perfectly ok with this. Because of various civil rights movements such things are now considered abhorrent by decent citizens. Things began to change when those who felt oppressed by such systems began to speak out. The wider community evertually listened and thought about it. This is why I dont think it is a good idea to throw in the towel and accept that referral to the lest terrible or most well meaning is the way to go.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2007, 08:48:14 AM »
The US also stole indigenous kids and stuck them in christian orphan homes where they were beaten for speaking their native language, hair chopped off and made to dress like whites.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2007, 12:20:58 PM »
I agree OZ girl, great point.......
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]