Author Topic: Ganja Recipes...  (Read 2255 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« on: December 26, 2006, 08:14:04 PM »
Please post, if you would...

Thank-ye kin'ly...

Spiritual Anarchy.   :skull:  ::dove::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 08:32:06 PM »
best to start out with some cannabutter, then you can just cook things that would use butter as normally. you can use it in cookies, cakes, quesadillas, pancakes, toast, baked potato, you get the idea. the trick is to make the cannabutter both pure for taste reasons and strong so you dont have to use any more butter than you normaly would. meaning a teaspoon of butter on toast should get you stoned, if thats the strength you prefer, etc.

Cannabutter a la fornits

ive tried many diferent techniques and this is by far the best i have found. start with a crockpot, they are twenty bucks at walmart for a really nice one that will last forever. grab a few pounds of unsalted butter, some people say plugra is better because of the slightly higher fat content, i have tried both and just go with the cheapo unsalted generic brand butter. its very easy to do.

1. put your butter in the crockpot on a setting of low
2. let the butter melt and add a cup or two of water to prevent butter from burning or evaporating
3. add your buds or trimmings in with the butter
4. cover and leave overnight. (minimum 4 hours, no more than 12 needed max  - the longer it simmers the greener your butter will get and stronger)
5. turn the crockpot off and let it cool for a minute or two and then using cheescloth (at any gorvery store) you strain out all the plant matter. just pull the cheescloth over a bowl or container of some kind, and poor the crockpot bowl right over it. if you want your buter really clera, do this a couple times. squeeze out the cheescloth after filtering to be sure to squeeze all the butter out.
6. take the container with the strained butter, and put it in the freezer.
7. about an hour later (depending on how much butter you make) the mix will begin to freeze. the butter rises to the top, and below that is the greenish clear water that needs to be discarded. once the butter has hardedned enough, you crack it out of it's container as gently as you can, and poor out all the waste water that is located beneath the butter.
8. clean off the bottom of your butter chunk. place in container.

now you have super pure cannabis butter that can be added to anything to make it great. i keep a few pounds ready at times in my freezer for cookies mostly, sometimes banana bread. but i thought this would start the thread out nicely since its a good start to many recipes.

the ratio i use

1 pound of butter : 2 ounce of med quality bud trim
or
1 pound of butter:  1/2 ounce of med quality buds

i prefer to use trim for butter and smoke the buds.
 :smokin:

my own personal favorite recipe is to make oatmeal rasigin cookies with the cannabutter, and then mix that with ice cream and eat it that way.

oatmeal cookie recipe
Ingredients:

1/4 pound cannabutter!
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 1/2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Get ready to be stoned off your ass for the next 12 hours. Not for lightweights. I've had friends go into 'bad trips' from these cookies before, and they didn't look like they were having fun. Mostly mumbling about never coming out of it and how I laced their cookies with something other than pot. Blastoff!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:50:21 PM »
Thanks, my friend.  I'm on it now...only I aint got a crock pot, I'm just gonna simmer it in a pot on the stove...should be alright.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:45:04 PM »
howd it work out?  :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 01:57:22 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 06:53:23 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
howd it work out?  :D

I made the butter last night.  I just got home.  I got all the ingredients out on the counter and I just turned on the oven now...

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 07:24:18 PM »
I added some water to the mix and I think it would've been better if I'd 'a' melted the cannabutter, as it was I had to use a masher to get it all mixed, well, somewhat evenly.  Should be alright.  They're bakin now... :D
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 07:26:14 PM »
Wow they're really spreadin out.  It's like the whole sheet is one big cookie!!

Wow!!  They're huge dude!!

• View Profile
Ganja Recipes...
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:21 PM »
They taste good and I gotta strange buzz, but they aren't holdin together very well.   :question:

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
its all about the buttah!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 11:06:20 PM »
cant beleive i didnt see this before.   i will never eat brownies again and here's  why. Also i will only cook w/ tasty weed lol.

i got some "chocolate thai" smelled slightly like choclate. we smoked most of it but did save some to make butter with. I have all but mastered the butter technique. I can turn it green with no weed leaf or stem or seeds in the butter! lol  Certain OILS will work really well too.  im sure we all do it the right way now that we are old and wise, but back in the day i had a brownie that was crunchy with stems hanging out of it, was not good and i did not get high.  they didnt understand the whole chemical break down and u need to separate the thc from the leaves etc blah blah. read a book before you cook your weed lol

SO i made some nice green butter and we were gonna make brownies cuz well it was chocolate thai and thats all anyone makes. well my friend brett is a gourmet chef and he calls and says why don't i pick up salmon, pasta, bread and salad makings and instead of brownies we will just use the butter on the fish, pasta and bread. I was like u know that sounds good. Plus did i mention gourmet chef?

So he came over and seared 5 nice big pieces of salmon, did up the pasta, we had garlic/weed butter bread and a salad. Not only was it one of the best meals i had in a long time. But good herb as we all know (the kind you can buy at the STORE here in CALI) has interesting scents which means they actually have FLAVA when you cook with them, kinda like spices if they are really good.  The chocolate thai did not taste like weed but you could taste something. It didnt taste like chocolate, it was mildly spicey and just added a good bit of zest to the meal even chef brett commented on how tasty it was and he hadnt used spice ANY spices on the dish just the butter.  SO next time u think brownies just make butter and then ou can really make ANYTHING you want that calls for butter and it will rock especially if it is flavorful weed.  Many people dnot like using good herb to cook with Im spoiled now. It makes a hell of a difference and you dont need nearly as much to get REALLY fucked up.  We fed 5 people off that, got high as fuck for a good 18+ hours and  I had leftovers. hahaha  I used only about  a 1/16. but i did slow cook it over 2 days give or take. i got every possible bit of thc out of that weed for sure!

ok just thought i'd share!  ill be giving cooking lessons next month for anyone in the area who'd like to learn the process. LOL :) for real!
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!