Author Topic: Bringing TB to the UK or vice versa?  (Read 6257 times)

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
Bringing TB to the UK or vice versa?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »
Ok...I think UK parenst already do send their kids there, without any action being taken, but for social services to see it as a quick fix, out of our hair thing, is very very scary indeedy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 06:25:10 PM »
Agreed. Let's just hope our fears do not become reality in regards to the UK social services.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 03:41:27 AM »
I thought that the guardian expose of TB a few years ago largely blew things for WWASP in the UK. I would be more concerned about brat camp
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
US programs
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 05:39:49 AM »
I have working against WWASP and Aspens expansion into Europe for some time.

We are some users in Danish forum which works at different front. In the old days we had institutions which were exactly as bad as TB. On Sprogoe - an island which now is used a part of the Great belt brigde, we had a place for young women which were sexual active at a very young age. A terrible place which were shut down around 1960. You can not name a kind of restraints, they did not use.

We do not want to reintroduce such places for our youth in Denmark or abroad. Our method is strict supervising and checkup on the places. All things regarding placed children has to be writen down and incidents which involve use of restraints has to be reported to autorities outside the facility. Long-term placement are under supervision from policians - not therapists, which can be paid off by the facilities.

My my opinion our biggest threat are Aspen. They use carefully edited TV-shows in order to show that their programs seems to work. Of course Brat Camp 4 backfired on them and the US version was something they wished that they never should have done. But the strategy is in place.

They also have a show called: "I know what you ate last summer" feuturing weelspring camps and "Britians youngest boozers"  feuturing SUWS of the carolinas (SPOILER: It did not work. The poor girl (Sherrie) ended up at Academy at Swift River where she is locked up until they can get her to say some positive thing about the programs to yet another TV-show. see: http://www.aspeneducation.com/news-trevor.html)

WWASP has not entered the TV-business. They work in the dark, because their programs are purely based on making money. They place their facilities in places where they are the largest employer in the area, making the local community dependable of them. The local staff just have to look at the paycheck before they shut their eyes.

Aspen of course do also make money, but I think they have hired people on the ground which thinks that they do these children a favour. The local staff can not see the big picture, so they are motivated to work with the children. However, that does not exclude the possibity of abuse. It minimize it.

Europe is not US. Of course we are also double income societies. Of course we also have problems with parents that lack communication with their children. But we generally stops when it comes to locking children up because they are not entirely our image. Aspen have realised that. That why they tried with "Family brat camp" aka Brat Camp 4. We are used to talk within the family when we have a problem. Now Anasazi has the task. Because grown up adults can leave an abusive program, they will try to create a 21-day program instead of a 42-day program.

Although I am against programs, I can see promising things, if a family program can work.

Ref:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brat_Camp
http://www.twentytwenty.tv/production.aspx?ID=61
http://www.aa-uk.org.uk/alcoholics-anon ... ntary.html

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 06:21:42 AM »
You mentioned that the brat camps were a PR disaster. Why? was there a backlash. Was this the same in the US?
it is comforting to see that Great Britian has taken up this reality TV trend of laughing at and exploiting social groups with no power! Just think today it is Fat kids tomorrow they could do it with the mentally retarded!
 :flame:
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
Brat camp 4 failure
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 06:53:56 AM »
BT's mom pulled her family because the wilderness was too hard on her - not on her son. (Her son was improving!)

AK's parents pulled their daughter from the course, Aspen had recommended after the family program, because she claimed abuse. Of course such claim would be regarded as manipulation in a normal situation, but because the parents just have been at the family camp, they had seen what the staff are willing to do and believed their daughter even though the claim was false. (Parents are not supposed to know about what is going on in the programs until they have paid. They can always be sorry afterwards for the rest of their lives.)

It was clear that it was the isolation from the normal daily life, that meant a lot for the two other families. Their problem was that they just had not made time to talk undisturbed in an isolated environment before.

I will claim that 60-70% of the clients in programs could benefit from a family camp. In half of the cases, the therapist would not even be needed.

Being force to spend time together, solving problems together, no interference from the outside world will solve the fundamental problem with teenagers - communication.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 08:29:07 AM »
The application for Brat Camp 5, which is apparently filming now.

Parent?s first name (*)  
Parent?s last name (*)  
Parent?s address (*)
Parent?s postcode (*)  
Parent?s E-mail address  
Home Telephone Number (*)  
Mobile Telephone Number  

How many children do you have?  
What ages are they?  
Which child is the main problem?  
What is the date of birth of the problem child?  
Name and address of each child?s school or college  
Are the parents still together and interested in applying?  
Are you: Single  Married  Divorced/Separated  With a Partner
Have you any step or adopted children?  
What are the parents? occupations?  
What is the household?s annual income  
Please give the contact details for each child e.g. mobile number  
Have the children got their own cars? Yes  No
Have the children got girl / boy friends?  
Do any of the children usually stay out late?  
What are the children?s ambitions  
Which 5 words best describe each of your children?  
Which subjects are they studying or what occupations do they have?  
Have any of the children been excluded? Yes  No
Describe the family relationships  
How would you rate the controlability of your children?
1 = Easily controlled     10 = Impossible to control  
What do you argue about and how often?  
How bad are the arguments?  
Describe your relationship with your children  
Do your children behave violently?  
Have your children ever stolen anything?  
Do you argue about drugs or alcohol?  
Have any of your childen ever run away? Yes  No
Have your ever sought professional advice?  
Do any of your children suffer from any mental illness?  
Are your children on any medication?  
Do your children have a history with the police?  
If required, will you be able to spend up to 3 weeks in America? Yes  No
Filming is likely to take place towards the end of 2006 and will require all the family to be available. Is this a problem? Yes  No
Have you or your family watched Brat Camp before?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MONITORING
This information will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be used only for statistical monitoring. It is not part of the selection process.
Family Ethnic Origin :
Asian / Asian British
Black / Black British
Middle / Near Eastern
Mixed Ethnic Group
White
Black Other
Other (please specify)

Disability
Do you consider yourself or any of your family to have a disability?
YES  NO
If yes, which of the following descriptions best describes the disability?
Visual (NOT including wearing glasses or contact lenses)
Co-ordination, dexterity or mobility
Mental health
Speech
Learning Difficulties
Hearing
Combination of above or other physical or medical conditions - please specify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK ON THE SUBMIT BUTTON OR PRINT THIS FORM AND RETURN IT TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.

Signed _______________ Date_______________

NOTE : Please note that there are 5 questions that require answering on this form (*). If you submit this form with one required field empty then all your answers will be lost.
Brat Camp Applications,
Twenty Twenty Television,
Suite 2, Grand Union House,
20 Kentish Town Road,
London NW1 9NX.

The information on this form will be used to process your application for the programme provisionally entitled ?Brat Camp 5?. At your request your name, address and telephone number can be passed on to other Twenty Twenty Television productions for consideration, otherwise all details you have given us will be destroyed.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
Thanks

Signing up as I type  :P

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 06:30:30 PM »
You do realize if they fuck up and YOU get on, you're gonna have to say fornits on-screen and point out any programmie confrontational bullshit they try, right?

:rofl: be sure to ask for credentials if they try to cow you or humiliate you on camrea.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 07:17:05 PM »
Can you imagine someone from fornits being on that?

they would hate me being there, constantly discussing what goes on in programs with other parents - I'd be the 1st to be booted out or they may even send me to wilderness until I buy into the program  :o

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 08:00:41 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:

Frankly I'd hate your only american experience to be a fuckin' PROGRAM, I mean theres a lot more to this country than our toughlove idiots... they just happen to be in charge is all.

Still, you're welcome to stop by god's waiting room (Florida!)  :lol:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 08:24:19 PM »
Niles, would you kindly stop promoting the idea that the programmies are in charge of jack shit?

Even GWB couldn't keep Mel Sembler on as ambassador.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 08:26:52 PM »
Tufflove? people are LOBBYSTS and the fucking lobbies decide policy moreso than the politicians... who just do what the lobbies want.

Why do you think we have so many drugtests? It makes a KILLING for lab companies.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
To Exhausted
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 03:04:42 AM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
Thanks

Signing up as I type  :P

http://www.anasazi.org/press-12.html

Please notice, that it is now a 21 day program. Beware, that there will be lack of food, if the use their normal system. That is how Anasazi work. You are given food for a period (Just enough to survice). If you calculate the food intake wrong, they adwise you how to eat plants and bugs in order to survive.

However, most humans would survive 21 days under these conditions without permanent damage. I am not sure that it would be the case in a 42 days program. (A special diet for years afterward may easen the problems.)

The system is designed to make you think about food all time, so you don't think on drug, alcohol and sex. With all those bad thoughts gone, they can easy manipulate the behaviour.

From http://www.nospank.net/bacon2.htm :

Deep in a ravine slicing into the parched uplands of central Arizona, an alligator lizard scurries across a boulder in the withering sun. With a lightning-quick lunge, a big, gawky 16-year-old plucks the reptile from the rock and clutches it in his thick fingers. "This is the tenth lizard I've caught," says Craig, beaming, his cherubic face smudged with soot. Then he slices off its head, pops it into his mouth, and gulps it down.

Craig is enrolled in a nine-week treatment program for troubled adolescents run by the Anasazi Foundation, a nonprofit corporation based in Mesa, Arizona. He's currently camped beside a rock-choked creek with three other wayward teenagers and their three college-age counselors. Some 40 other Anasazi students and their keepers are sprinkled among the adjacent canyons.

and

The daily ration of 2,000 calories is extremely lean, and if a kid consumes it early in the week, he or she has to subsist on wild plants, lizards, and bugs. The Anasazi students I met looked healthy, but food monopolized their fantasies

Just so you know what you are going to be put up for. But I am glad that a parent like you would put herself through such an ordeal for her children. That is love. Sending a child to wilderness therapy alone is not.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 06:17:16 AM »
AKA more of the same using the "wilderness" environment to get away with not feeding them to create austerity to stress them for easier brainwashing.

Now HOW is this legal, again? You can't do that shit in a fucking prison full of murderers!

BTW, its only love if somehow the parent suffering helps the kids, but it does not, and the kids suffer with the parent... so then its just abuse with masochism. Er...