Author Topic: AA and CEDU  (Read 2043 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
AA and CEDU
« on: December 23, 2006, 03:52:02 AM »
There were some things. You sat in a circle, (in some meetings) and told war stories about how fucked up you used to get on drugs and alcohol, and you had obnoxious, no-boundaries hugs. A lot of the people there were still fucked up on drugs, and could barely read the 12 principles during the meeting. It was hilarious. Going to NA was like entertainment, just watching all of the idiots there and listening to their bullshit.

The raps were nothing like 12 step meetings, though. No confrontation, not even any feedback. People just stood up, shared, then finished and everyone clapped for them. Even if it was the most inane, stupid bullshit someone could say, they would clap for them afterwards. I remember one time some punk-assed bitch dickweed in a doo-rag stood up, and shared that that morning, he had beaten the shit out of his girlfriend, but that it's ok, because he feels bad about it, and he went to a meeting. People clapped after he shared. I said to myself "What the fuck??? Okay, that's it. Screw you guys, I'm never coming back." and I never did.

The main thing that I found to be cult like was the whole "Keep coming back!" attitude, and if you weren't going to meetings, but staying sober, you were considered a "dry drunk". And of course, the 12th step, which was about trying to spread the word of 12 step to the people who were "still suffering". Lots of shame-based crap. Lots of bullshit about how 12 step was the only way to stay sober. Yet their attrition rate, by their own numbers, is 95%.

Oh yeah, and the whole "turning your life over to god" thing. What a joke. As if god (if he/she exists) has time to keep you sober. God doesn't do people's laundry.

I've found that 12 step meetings were pretty much good for two things: getting laid and scoring drugs.

I never went to synanon, but I can say that 12 step is NOTHING like CEDU. CEDU is full-blown crazy, 12 step is just idiotic bullshit.

If 12 step is a cult, they are a really  CRAPPY cult, because they can't even hang onto their own members.

I had to quit some substances, and I used rational recovery. Worked just fine for me. No groups, no meetings, no stupid-assed sobriety chip, just read a book.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
AA and CEDU
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »
That's because you're DRUNK, you fucking lush! Get your ass to a meeting!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: AA and CEDU
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synanon

Looking at this wiki page I found that the founder of Synanon was a member of AA.

Having heard that CEDU is considered a Synanon offshoot I have the following questions.

What suggests such a connection between Synanon and CEDU?

Also..

Did the 'raps' or 'propheets' at all resemble anything that goes on in an AA meeting?

Or for any of the activities at CEDU?

See my website in the Abuse section for more info and links on this exact subject.

Well.  from my experiences no.  Raps do not resemble anything from AA.  AA has "sharing" which is voluntary.  Raps are more "drag it out, while bashing your brain in"...  Propheets.. definately not.  nothing like AA.  Dederich was kicked out of AA...  I guess he was too wacky even for them.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
AA and CEDU
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 05:35:16 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
There were some things. You sat in a circle, (in some meetings) and told war stories about how fucked up you used to get on drugs and alcohol, and you had obnoxious, no-boundaries hugs. A lot of the people there were still fucked up on drugs, and could barely read the 12 principles during the meeting. It was hilarious. Going to NA was like entertainment, just watching all of the idiots there and listening to their bullshit.

The raps were nothing like 12 step meetings, though. No confrontation, not even any feedback. People just stood up, shared, then finished and everyone clapped for them. Even if it was the most inane, stupid bullshit someone could say, they would clap for them afterwards. I remember one time some punk-assed bitch dickweed in a doo-rag stood up, and shared that that morning, he had beaten the shit out of his girlfriend, but that it's ok, because he feels bad about it, and he went to a meeting. People clapped after he shared. I said to myself "What the fuck??? Okay, that's it. Screw you guys, I'm never coming back." and I never did.

The main thing that I found to be cult like was the whole "Keep coming back!" attitude, and if you weren't going to meetings, but staying sober, you were considered a "dry drunk". And of course, the 12th step, which was about trying to spread the word of 12 step to the people who were "still suffering". Lots of shame-based crap. Lots of bullshit about how 12 step was the only way to stay sober. Yet their attrition rate, by their own numbers, is 95%.

Oh yeah, and the whole "turning your life over to god" thing. What a joke. As if god (if he/she exists) has time to keep you sober. God doesn't do people's laundry.

I've found that 12 step meetings were pretty much good for two things: getting laid and scoring drugs.

I never went to synanon, but I can say that 12 step is NOTHING like CEDU. CEDU is full-blown crazy, 12 step is just idiotic bullshit.

Synanon was not 12 step.  Synanon was started by Dederich... fuck just read the link in the above post.  Summary: Raps came from Synanon's "Game".  Propheets came from est/lifespring (which Mel Wasserman experimented with in the 60s).  He was also involved with Synanon and had a lot of ex-Synonites as early CEDU staff members.

If 12 step is a cult, they are a really  CRAPPY cult, because they can't even hang onto their own members.

I had to quit some substances, and I used rational recovery. Worked just fine for me. No groups, no meetings, no stupid-assed sobriety chip, just read a book.

I never had to quit shit becuase i never really did shit.  But i was still forced to attend those fucking meetings. "keep comin back i works if you work it.... bla bla bla"  I even played along and got a few chips... of course after a while i wasnt' acting.  They actually had me convinced i was a drunk when i had only gotten drunk once in my entire life.  CEDU brainwashing... love the shit.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
AA and CEDU
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 08:48:29 PM »
Synanon was not 12 step. Synanon was started by Dederich... fuck just read the link in the above post.

Never said it was. All I said was that I never went there.

As for mandatory 12 step attendance... I've spoken to people who actually preferred to take the jail term, and did.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
AA and CEDU
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 09:24:23 PM »
six degrees of batshit crazy.

Offline Sageb1

• View Profile
    • http://gandhara.blogspot.com/
AA and CEDU
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »
It's true: all AA is good for is the marijuana and chicks.

i count at least 2-3 whores for every single mom, and 3-4 single moms for every working girl.

sadly tho' all the hot chicks have ugly faces and hot bodies.
th is a cult?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
AA and CEDU
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 06:02:04 AM »
Quote from: ""Sageb1""
sadly tho' all the hot chicks have ugly faces and hot bodies.

That's what a burlap sack is for.

Fags have it easier. Glory holes are the best de-uglifyers. It definitely filters out "distractions".