Author Topic: Went to Casa by the Sea 2000-2002  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Shawn Treadway

• View Profile
Went to Casa by the Sea 2000-2002
« on: December 18, 2006, 01:32:05 AM »
My name is Shawn Treadway. I am on here to basically see if there are any friends that I used to know on here. I had heard Casa got shut down a few years ago, I even drove down to Ensenada to see with my own eyes if it was true. I loved seeing those big red gates, knowing nothing was there anymore. Anyways, I never bothered to google, WWASP or anything like that since I got out until tonight. Very interesting to see all the lawsuits, glad to see it in my opinion. If anyone was there when I was, let me know. -Shawn Treadway
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ent to Casa by the Sea from Dec 12th 2000- June 1st 2002. Trying to find some old friends.

Offline Shawn Treadway

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 11:49:26 AM »
As for experances.... The place was hell.  That place and the experiances I had with them for 18 long months still plague my memory 4 years after leaving. I wish I was at home right now, Orange County Cali. I would go check out this new place. I went down to the real Casa by the Sea to see with my own eyes if it actually closed. It was nice to see those big shitty red gates, and those big walls with no kids behind them.

As for the program, I get why my parents sent me there. They were running out of options, I wasn't horribly bad, but I was getting into trouble. I still don't agree with it, parents are parents, I don't see any logic in not working things out, and not giving up on your kid and their problems. Parenting isn't supposed to be easy, and sending your kid along with their problems off for someone else to deal with is an easy way out.

I love how David Gilcrease (facilitor of those crazy ass seminars)was part of some group that is classified as a cult or something. I find it so funny. Those seminars were completely rediculous. In the program I was what you would call a "faker" or some shit like that. I faked my way through everything to appear like a brainwashed idiot with no voice of my own. But inside I was always still the same. That place taught be to become one hell of a manipulator. I am going to be a lawyer after the army because of it. Anyways I can't believe parents are still sending their kids to these places after all the heat and lawsuits they have gotten. Classic.
ent to Casa by the Sea from Dec 12th 2000- June 1st 2002. Trying to find some old friends.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:05:51 PM »
Well, the seminars Gilcrease developed amount to brainwashing... and parallel a lot of the mental/emotional torture cults need to use to make someone get broken down (or, "regressed") enough to be brainwashed.

Combine that with sucking people in and sucking in money, I'd say its a freakin' cult, but thats just me.

Anyway, nice to have you aboard, but I must make one request:

Got any specifics? Like specific things they did, how filthy it was, not speaking english, restraints/beatings, seminar specifics, etc (I'm going by what other people have told me about Casa).

I'm not about to stand you up infront of group here... especially considering fornits sucks as a group to be stood up infront of and all, but specific facts are what help everyone gain credibility.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Shawn Treadway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »
The place was a shithole, I never knew what "scabies" was till i went there. I was blessed to never get that nasty shit, but i was one of few. I remember they ran out of toilet paper there for like 2 weeks, it was a bit interesting to say the least. Restaining kids was beating them in my eyes, it was more than unneeded force, Although I remember I had this one kid who was in Diligence family... kid was 17 and was one of those kids who had large family breeding on his side. He was a monster, and not meaning fat, meaning 6'4 240 lbs and in the best shape I could imagine. It tooke Luke and Jade to restrain this kid. Jade-Admin./ ex golden glove boxer, great shape for his age, and Luke-Admin. also in really good shape, both of them were monsters compared to 99% of the kids. This kid though gave them a run for their money, at seventeen. I had respect for him.

As for details, and crediting what people say... i have read around the site somewhat, its all true pretty much. Room Restriction, or R&R as we called it, was rediculous. Laying a kid on his stomach, with his legs and hands behins his back, while his chin had to lay on concrete floor for 90 % of the waking day. That was sad, then if you got restrained while you were in that position, restrained, meaning forearm to the back of your head and neck, while a oversized wieght lifting dick, puts his knee along with all his wieght into your spine. At 14, and 150 lbs its a bit scary. I got mal nutrition while I was down there. I was 16, 6'0 and 147 lbs it was gross. I was way to skinny, being a fat kid before I went there I never knew that could be a problem, hahah. But that wait was soon lost and and ribs were soon to show.

Things I have to give the program credit for, believe me very few things. The Spanish thing was a fucking pain in the ass when you first get there. Who in their right mind thinks they can take an American with no knowledge of the Spanish Language whatsoever, and give him three days to learn what he needs to? But because of that, it creates a sense of urgency to learn it so you can communicate with your friends, and the staff. I learned the whole language in like six months, read, write, and speak. I still speak it to the day, which is a good thing. One thing I had a problem with was not being able to speak English, it was very rare where we could do that. We learned their language, we spoke, shouldn't we be able to speak both?

I fucking hated how they hung that fucking hell high impact over our heads. Bunch of fucking fascists using fear to control us. I lived my first 9 of my 18 months there petrified of a place that I had only heard about. I was never a big trouble maker, Jade taught me not to cause trouble my first day, when I mouthed off to him. But holding something over someone and scare them with it, to get them to do what you want, is fucking wrong. I learned how to understand and manipulate a system down there flawlessly. I learned how to talk my way out of anything, which is good in some ways, being that after the military I want to be a lawyer, or a lobyist.

All in all, I dont blame my parents for sending me there, they thought it was right for a angry 14 year old kid with bad grades, and beginning to smoke pot. I get that, but what i dont forgive pops for is, once I told him what the place was really like, he didn't listen, figuered I was exagerating or making it all up. My mom knew there was no bullshit in what I was saying, and was the one who got me out of there. What I say now, parents I think have a responsibility to work it out with their children. Not send them off for someone else to do the job. I wouldnt say the place haunts me today, life has moved on, and its in the past. But when I first got out, culture shock, difficulty adjusting, nightmares, were a daily routine. I didnt know how to act, I had been so good at being fake, and appearing as the standard mold for the program that I wasn't to sure about who I was. My friends noticed it, but I eventually came around.

Also I thought since I had a year and a half of high school taken away from me, I had a need to make up for it. I was worse after the program then before. I never ended up in jail, or anything like that, but I did drugs, got in fights, and made "non-working" decisions as those creeps used to say. I found myself and grew up in time. I just had to do it and learn on my own, I couldnt be molded into it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 12:13:29 PM »
I learned the whole language in like six months, read, write, and speak. I still speak it to the day, which is a good thing.

Shawn, I'd like your help on this one. That shithole is re-opening up as Sunrise Academy, as detailed in this thread. Can you contact the Mexican authorities and possibly get something done about it before it even opens?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:53:48 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penal""
I learned the whole language in like six months, read, write, and speak. I still speak it to the day, which is a good thing.

Shawn, I'd like your help on this one. That shithole is re-opening up as Sunrise Academy, as detailed in this thread. Can you contact the Mexican authorities and possibly get something done about it before it even opens?

Sunrise Beach Academy was shut down in 1996/1997... it was the first ever WWASPS prison in Mexico.

Casa is re-opening as "Seaside Academy". (How do they come up with these shitty names?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 01:35:19 PM »
D'oh. My mistake.

They pull them out of their ass, like everything else...

Offline Shawn Treadway

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 01:27:12 AM »
If Seaside is the new Casa, then I want to go there undercover as a 17 year old student. Get all the dirt first hand, then turn the place upside down, from the inside out. Hell, I have no problem dealing with the bullshit that goes on there for that cause. I think that would be such a bad ass plan, anyone think that could be done? What would worry me though, is getting stuck in a foreign country under a false identity, in that event, I think I would get myself kicked out, sent to Jamaica, and at the airport say I am not who my papers say I am. Call me crazy but I think its a bad ass idea.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 04:38:45 AM »
THEY FORBID you to speak english, becasue by limiting your capacity to express ideas, they limit your ability to form ideas- not to mention communicate them with the facility necessary to form resistance. In that you are reduced verbally to toddlers. True monsters. Its always amazed me how easy it is for kids to forgive their parents. How many parents would forgive their kids for having them kidnapped and tortured for 2-3 years to an extent that they are at risk for permanent brain damage.
its clear that its the love of children, NOT PARENTS, that is unconditional.

Also., why do many  from programs go to the military?
Is it because they are used to living under extreemly controled conditions, being  kept isolated from the larger community, doing what they are told even if they dont agree with it though causes harm to others? (Of course what the military does to soldiers cant  be compared to what is done to these kids....)
Or is it simply that being denied an opprotunity to get an education, or develoup yourself emotionally, aptitudely in non scholastic endeveors, and being damaged in general makes the military desirable.. :(

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 04:41:26 PM »
i considered joining the military when i didnt know what i was going to do when i first got out of a couple years of various programs and stuff but i was way too fucked up on drugs and paranoid to really be serious about it. ill tell you the reason though. the program makes you feel completely powerless, you have no power over anything. whether you piss, shit, eat, or even what you think. you are driven down into a small golfball sized place in your head that becomes your only sanctuary, and many kids lose even that little space in their head and become fully programmie. i think the joining the military helps bring back that sense of power that was lossed in the program. the uniformt tells everyone else of your power. you can go around kill people if you want and show the world just how powerful you are. its the same thing with abused kids, theyll go out and bully kids even younger than them. the military is that, but in a giant institution designed to bully other countries, rightly or wrongly. when i reminisce about the program i begin to feel powerless and that feeling is the most horrible thing about my whole experience. being locked in a cage and knowing theres isnt a soul alive who gives a shit or is doing anything to get you out. i never want that feeling again. holding a a powerful gun makes that feeling go away.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 09:20:37 PM »
when i reminisce about the program i begin to feel powerless and that feeling is the most horrible thing about my whole experience. being locked in a cage and knowing theres isnt a soul alive who gives a shit or is doing anything to get you out. i never want that feeling again.

That never was true and most certainly will not ever be.

There are people who know and care. There are people who would care if only they knew... thats why we're all here.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline unicorn33

• View Profile
Re: Went to Casa by the Sea 2000-2002
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 03:18:24 AM »
As a Casa by the sea survivor, and seeing abuse RIGHT in front of me from LUKE HALLOWS sitting on top of a 14 year old LITTLE girl screaming and cussing at her in R and R will never leave my memory, or seeing the girls walk through the gates from High impact, where the WWASPS says they had NO affiliation with them!!! I cant belive this! PLEASE PARENTS!!!! THESE PROGRAMS HAVE SEMINARS THAT ARE ABUSIVE AND BRAIN WASHING YOUR POOR KIDS!!! I KNOW MORE THAN YOU KNOW! PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY PERSONAL QUESTIONS THAT I CANT MENTION ON HERE, DUE TO MY FAMILY BEING A PART OF THIS HORRIBLE ABUSE. [email protected] THANK YOU
unicorn33phpBB Welcome Stranger