Author Topic: CURRENT HLA PARENTS PLEASE READ  (Read 16377 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
CURRENT HLA PARENTS PLEASE READ
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2006, 01:09:26 PM »
For the Record:

http://dictionary.law.com/

Petition
1) n. a formal written request to a court for an order of the court. It is distinguished from a complaint in a lawsuit which asks for damages and/or performance by the opposing party. Petitions include demands for writs, orders to show cause, modifications of prior orders, continuances, dismissal of a case, reduction of bail in criminal cases, a decree of distribution of an estate, appointment of a guardian, and a host of other matters arising in legal actions. 2) n. a general term for a writing signed by a number of people asking for a particular result from a private governing body (such as a homeowners association, a political party, or a club). 3) in public law, a writing signed by a number of people which is required to place a proposition or ordinance on the ballot, nominate a person for public office, or demand a recall election. Such petitions for official action must be signed by a specified number of registered voters (such as five percent). 4) v. to make a formal request of a court; to present a written request to an organization's governing body signed by one or more members. 5) n. a suit for divorce in some states, in which the parties are called petitioner and respondent.

Lawsuit
n. a common term for a legal action by one person or entity against another person or entity, to be decided in a court of law, sometimes just called a "suit." The legal claims within a lawsuit are called "causes of action."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2006, 01:42:41 PM »
okay...i am the original poster AND former HLA employee (not so long ago) and the facts are as it stands from what i understand to be true:
all of the positions that have been "discontinued" have NOT been filled...other people have switched into the roles and still have to do all of their old duties...for example:
david jordan left rci, scott took on his roll plus his own, scott then left, cheryl took over part of those duties, cheryl left so now steve took over her therapeutic duties, then mark left so no steve is now left to do ALL admin and therapeutic duties...minus the 10%, isn't that right and i think that the only ones at RCI left are steve (possibly...depending on how badly the tag team len/jeff lunch went on friday), marty, danielle (who is now miserable and ready to leave), bridgette...i think that sounds about right...
so yeah, i guess 5 people makes a good ratio for only 5 students!!! running a 24 hour program...should be interesting, eh...
as for HLA...OH AND BY THE WAY...DEPT HEADS, DON'T FORGET NOT TO CASH YOUR PAYCHECKS UNTIL YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO (oh and Merry Christmas to you too!)
there are still several counseling staff and department heads...but gee, they go home at 5 or 8 or 10 and then there is who, trey, lee, shannon (maybe 1 or 2 more, not sure if elsa, or the other guy who was there) left to watch 90 or so kids...hmmm...sounds safe...and then they leave at 10 or so....then there were none!
and the kids are alone basically in the dorms...and "dude" i have been there when they were fully staffed and the 911 call went out for the girl who hung herself in the closet and came about seconds away from death...and when the cutters were running rampent on campus, when "hanibal" would come back from break and cut himself to ribbons because of what he did on breaks, when the girl raped the other with the stick...when the kids got hazed in the dorms, i saw the bruises, i saw the broken fingers, etc that went untreated and then had to have surgery to fix the problems...i have seen the incident reports about the kids giving eachother hand and blow jobs on the busses when they were supposed to be being watched...so "dude" don't tell me i don't know what i am talking about...i was there, i saw it, and i saw it covered up!
so do what you please on this beautiful day, but don't you dare tell ME that this is bullshit...casue you and i both know it is far from that!!!!!!!
and as for attrition...lets talk about THAT after finals which are convienently given AFTER winter break so that the kids will HAVE to return from break!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »
oh, and another thing...for my not knowing anything...
Harper, the fantastic, loving special ed teacher for all those kids (80%) who are on IEP's...IS LEAVING...leaving them AGAIN with NO spec ed teacher...which was one of the things sited in the lawsuit AND something that they use in a selling point to the potential parents...AND the BELOVED music teacher Richard Prow left right after graduation!
so for teachers how many does that leave so i am thinking matt paul is pulling double duty or is that triple duty...AGAIN...oh wait, maybe kathleen is teaching again... :lol: ...wait, no she is to busy up David R's butt!!  guess since len found a new butt muncher (jeff and mike) you are demoted to david!!!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
then mark left so no steve is now left to do ALL admin and therapeutic duties...

No can do. Violation of Regs. One person can't fill three key positions- Adm Dir, Dir, Therapist. And staff from HLA can't be cross utilized. Has RC reported this to ORS? To parents of kids who are there?

Hadn't heard that Cheryl left. That's unfortunate. She was the only reasonable and rational person I interacted with at both facilities. The only staff that treated me with a shread of decency and respect.  A significant loss for RC.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 03:18:42 PM »
i agree about cheryl...she is an amazing and insightful person!  as for the reporting...i don't think anyone has as of yet, but i really don't know...all of this just recently happened with mark, etc...so someone may have an i just don't know yet...DJ...do you know?  
if i find out i will let you know...and i may just make the call myself...

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2006, 03:34:49 PM »
Guest could you please pick a username so might PM you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2006, 07:31:57 PM »
i pm'd you...i will have to change my user name...to recognizable to some...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2006, 07:35:15 PM »
oh, also RB i have already spoken to DJ in length and contacted the attorneys...although i have not been able to touch base again with them due to my work schedule...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2006, 08:24:44 PM »
Im spending 10 minutes with this tonight because I want to go enjoy other things.  I will, however, address the issues in my own friggen time and I am not influenced by a few posters childish attempts to call leaving your house or your computer evading a question.  Its solid example of how nothing can be true from anyone who is positive and that some posters spend way too much time disecting everything someone says, finding ways to twist it.  I promise you if you spend the time you can twist anything.

Im not sure all the codes for who holds directorship positions or ratios (I will look into it though and repost) and who needs to be contacted, honestly, not my job, but I am extremely confident in Steve at RCI and I know this is the type of guy who advocates for employees and kids alike.  I am deeply offended, as I am often as I read this garbage, that anyone would talk about his medical history/intelligence level whatever the hell someone mentioned before YOU DONT KNOW THIS GUY obviously.  I call my friends retard and tell them they are full of shit all the time, which is why we are close but its not becuase I don't respect or like them.  This personal shit is wrong and I know its not all of you who do it but everyone would probably have much more credibiliy if we all condemned it, all the time.  Call it a bipartisan effort.  

Next, to the original poster, sorry you are in such opposition but I am thinking its becuse you may have missed my point.  Im not denying violence, cutting, broken fingers or suicidal gestures.... Danger exists everywhere and kids with emotional problems who are not sociopaths (hannibal sp? Ha! what a joke. commit violent acts every day.  Ever been in a fight dude?  I want you to take a moment to put things in perspective and honestly look at the stats for school violence.  We have much less at HLA...I grew up in the northeast and the southeast and I am not sure what island you are from to deny that this kind of crap happens everywhere....so maybe parents should pull their kids from every school and lock them in a dungeon or something.  Kids who are suicidal, honestly suicidal, will find a way to hurt themselves no matter what environment they are in.  Cutting IS NOT A SUICIDE attempt...take a few moments and read the literature and how much this behavior happens all over the nation.  Also take a look at the literature on sucide attempts in the school system as well as sucide success.  And maybe you will consider one day spending some time doing some real good in this world by finding a school that is outside the norm, not one that you are so angry at that you cannot see the forest for the trees.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2006, 08:30:59 PM »
and yet still he evades the questions. Simplee put, you're a coward. You can spend as much time as is needed to spin and post your propoganda, but you cannot answer a few simple questions.

Let's try it again:

How many students are there at HLA?
What is the current staff:student ratio?
Are the Dean positions filled?
Is there nightwatch or security?
Is RC functioning without an Adm Dir, Dir, Licensed Therapist?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2006, 08:31:38 PM »
Quote from: ""Steve""
I am extremely confident in Steve at RCI and I know this is the type of guy who advocates for employees and kids alike.

C'mon Steve, there were questions. Answer 'em.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2006, 08:36:08 PM »
One more thing.... 80% of the kids at HLA are not on IEP's.  This number is so far fucking off I want to laugh but its just lovely how you pass it off as fact.  Its more like one in every ten kids who has an actual current IEP.  Are you guys not appauled at the misrepresentation of fact that happens so much?  And we will miss Harper and Richard very much.  They were indeed assets and will be impossible to replace. Don't take that litterally assholes:) We will be searching for qualified people. That was my friendly use of the word asshole by the way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 08:42:36 PM »
How many students are there at HLA?
What is the current staff:student ratio?
Are the Dean positions filled?
Is there nightwatch or security?
Is RC functioning without an Adm Dir, Dir, Licensed Therapist?

You guys are good at drawing people out but seriously this is the last one.  Im not sure what the exact figures are on these but I will guess. Im thinking around 110 kids, 60something staff maybe more, a few deans just left and I don't know how many or how quickly they will be replaced, there is night security and camera, and RC is functioning with a director who meets the requirements...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 08:44:58 PM »
Awesome! We actually got some answers out of Steve!

Now all we need to do is wait for Deb or DJ to come on and give us the real ones.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 09:01:30 PM »
"Kids who are suicidal, honestly suicidal, will find a way to hurt themselves no matter what environment they are in."

With this statement being made what level of observation does HLA place these students on?  Is the psychiatrist called immediately?  Are the parents notified? What precautions are taken?  Better yet, does anyone even bother to ask the student what is going on and what might help?  Or, does the staff just assume they know and tell the kid what he is feeling?    

Going back to the original statement.  HLA has a responsibility to ensure that students don't hurt themselves while in their care.  If they can't manage that behavior than they have NO business in admitting that student.  If the behavior is new a referral should be made to a more qualified facility.  There is certainly nothing wrong with admitting that something is outside of your scope of care.  If anything it shows referral sources that you recognize your strengths and are willing to make decisions that are in the best interest of the student/family.  Continuing to treat these students at HLA is unethical and simply reflects the gross misconduct that has been reported on this board.    

I